It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid drug given to Trump developed using cells derived from aborted fetus.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

The fetal cells were used to generate the viral proteins that challenged the antibodies to determine efficacy. The antibodies were produced in non-fetal cell lines.

Which I posted and linked to earlier in the thread.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
originally posted by: Nivhk

So how long until we start seeing rumors of Trump eating babies now?

Did you hear the rumour??!?!?

Trumps now ordering out for babies on a bun!!

Oh the shock and horror of it!

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Did anyone actually go to The Guardian “article” and read it? The cells used to develop the drug he took are cells commonly used in labs across lots of lines of research, and this: the line of cells used were originally derived from “an embryonic kidney” from an elective abortion in the Netherlands IN THE 1970’s.

From the Guardian misleading “article:”

“It’s how you want to parse it,” a Regeneron spokeswoman, Alexandra Bowie, told the MIT Technology Review. “But the 293T cell lines available today are not considered fetal tissue, and we did not otherwise use fetal tissue.”

Good lord.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Everyone but the OP it seems.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I've been trying to get that point across to no avail.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

That's not really knowable. There's more than the elective abortion route to get those cells. Regardless, it doesn't matter, ethically or otherwise. We find ourselves in the universe of today, not 1973.

Again the point is that originally the cells used in the research were from aborted stem cells.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

And again, after a multitude of generations, they are not considered fetal tissue. They are derivative cells that are now mass replicated for research purposes.

You're still building an edifice on quicksand.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
From the opening post....

developed using cells derived from an abortion....

I find it hilarious, that you guys defend Trump who has opposed any research using stem cells and abortion, yet he bought into the company that supplies the drug which used the research, but then berate the left when any mention of abortion and a womans right to make a decision about her body is made.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It has been 47 years since that abortion took place. The cells that were taken from that kidney no longer exist. Your continued persistence in politicizing this drug is impressive, I'll give you that.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Which is why I didn't stop my post there. Picking up where you left off addresses the ethics around that issue.

... Advocating for the end of genocide today doesn't require one to pretend it didn't happen in the past.

Consider mining in Africa. Slave and child labor is used today. It was far more prolific 30 years ago. The places in Africa that have stopped using slave and child labor are considered ethically sourced minerals, nevermind that they wouldn't exist without the slave labor that got them started. Shall we never take another mineral from Africa because mining there was almost exclusively done with slave labor in the beginning? Or is it enough that we get minerals from suppliers who no longer use slave and child labor?

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Not true, fake news.

Here's an article about the criticism: Trump Criticized

They point out the facts indicate the therapy was clearly created using mice cells.

Also, the guy who owns the company, Yancopoulos, golfs at Trump's course and reached out to Trump in May regarding the devlopments at Regeneron: Regeneron CEO golfs at Mar a Lago

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I find it hilarious, that you guys defend Trump who has opposed any research using stem cells from an abortion

FTFY

yet he bought into the company that supplies the drug which used the research

ok?

but then berate the left when any mention of abortion and a womans right to make a decision about her body is made.

Genocide of the unborn should be stopped. 61.5M abortions since Roe v wade, in the US alone. Our population wouldn't be reliant on importing 3rd world labor to try to keep growth. We'd be near 400M strong right now.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: Dfairlite

That's not really knowable. There's more than the elective abortion route to get those cells. Regardless, it doesn't matter, ethically or otherwise. We find ourselves in the universe of today, not 1973.

Again the point is that originally the cells used in the research were from aborted stem cells.

The point you are trying to make is disingenuous. No human fetal cells were used in the generation of the treatment itself. The researchers used viral proteins propagated from fetal cells. There is no special reason for the use of those cells. COVID will infect an replicate in any human cell line that expresses ACE2 surface proteins. The HEK293 offer no special reason for use. In fact, they used HEK293-T cells, which are genetically modied "with a plasmid encoding a temperature-sensitive mutant of the SV40 large T antigen."

So the HEK cells they used are truly not naturally-generated human cells anymore. This plasmid addition could have done to any cell line with the correct codon splicing sites, which could be any human source.

It's a dead horse. Stop beating it.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Shhh. He probably didn't know. Which wouldn't be shocking.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
As someone that has previously worked within the biotech industry (No longer) performing titration on stage 1 - 2 testing for things ranging from simple treatments to Smallpox or even Aids treatments during trials... this type of thing is nothing new and I reckon has been blown out of proportion (if it is even true).

This might come as a surprise to some, but this is the most commonly used "food" for cells during cell culture for starters.

en.wikipedia.org...

Fetal bovine serum (FBS) comes from the blood drawn from a bovine fetus via a closed system of collection at the slaughterhouse. Fetal bovine serum is the most widely used serum-supplement for the in vitro cell culture of eukaryotic cells. This is due to it having a very low level of antibodies and containing more growth factors, allowing for versatility in many different cell culture applications.

If this topic offends you, look into animal testing for starters before trying to slander a sick person trusting the health industry for help. President or not, people take advice from their doctor(s)

If this is true in any form... attack the source of the medicine... not the patient.
edit on 9-10-2020 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
fake news all first there is a ban on use its illegal. Second we now grow it in a lab so fetuses are no longer involved. embryonic stem cell research come from eggs that were fertilized at in vitro fertilization clinics but never implanted in a woman's uterus. The stem cells are donated with informed consent from donors. The other alternative is COS cells which are from monkeys.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks

Shhh. He probably didn't know. Which wouldn't be shocking.

You should read the rest of the thread to determine who knows what.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: loueber

Life created in a lab is no longer life? I knew justifications were forthcoming. I thought moment of conception? That means when an egg is fertilized no?

yes absolutely. life is life.
what im saying is, the lab didnt do the abortions. they just used fetuses that were already aborted.
im pro life. do not agree with abortion.
my point was that the original testing used fetus cells. the one trump took didnt. it was synthetic.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: loueber

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: loueber

Life created in a lab is no longer life? I knew justifications were forthcoming. I thought moment of conception? That means when an egg is fertilized no?

yes absolutely. life is life.
what im saying is, the lab didnt do the abortions. they just used fetuses that were already aborted.
im pro life. do not agree with abortion.
my point was that the original testing used fetus cells. the one trump took didnt. it was synthetic.

They dont however once a woman is successful on getting pregnant at a fertility clinic they ask her to donate any remaining eggs she had in storage. This is how they do cloning but is even used in cancer research. They will do stem cell injections its basically your clone. In the cloning process, an egg is fertilized in the lab, and right after fertilization, the DNA is removed from the egg. The empty egg is then injected with DNA from another mature cell, such as a skin or blood cell. Even though the DNA is from a mature cell, the environment of the egg will basically reprogram the genetic material from the mature cell, so that it can create an embryo. If the egg keeps developing, it will develop into a clone of the person or animal from which the mature cell was taken.

So they no longer use fetuses but i guess you could argue they are killing your clone but its not viable outside a womb as of right now anyway.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

edit on 9-10-2020 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join