It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free UK Face Mask Exemption Cards Download Yours Now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: and14263

rules that go against science

Can you link to some evidence and proof that this is the case?

Can you link me to some specification from the UK government that states exactly which type of face covering to wear and why? Because at the moment I am complying with the rules if:

1) I wear a mask with an exhalation valve that lets out water vapour from my exhaled breath

and

2) I wear a mask with large gaps between fibres which achieves the same as point 1

All their illogical advice states is to cover your face.

Guess again Sherlock.
edit on 17-9-2020 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: andy06shake

Bar any serious medical condition and/or need for one of these cards.

I suggest people simply play the game and wear a mask.

Nothing to do with freedom, everything to do with common sense.

COVID 19 is a public health concern, quite simple really.

If I'm not sick, or symptomatic (coughing, sneezing, fever), why should I wear a mask?
www.advisory.com...
"However, Cowling said, because asymptomatic people don't cough or sneeze, they might not be as efficient at spreading the virus as symptomatic people."

So if I don't have symptoms, and don't go around french kissing my cashier, bartender or strangers on the street, how exactly am I going to spread the virus and why exactly would a mask help if I am not coughing or sneezing?

Spittle, you don't always know when it's coming out of your mouth, and it comes out a lot. Want me to spray that again? it comes out a lot.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I've known about these printable cards on the government website for quite a few weeks now, I haven't told anyone as i think it's ridiculous and cannot understand it.

I'd really like to know why the government are throwing around all these rules around like a mad woman's sh1t, yet allowing anyone they want to make themselves exempt from wearing a mask.

I've been baffled by this for weeks, and would love to know what you guys think the reason is behind this.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Wow, triggered much?

You have such a way with words.

I don't subscribe to either side of the political spectrum but your wonderful way of words, in most of your posts, certainly does wonders for the glorious left.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

There is zero excuse for a healthy adult not to wear a mask in public.

It's that simple.

Its got nothing to do with getting triggered or some left/right debate it's just common sense, now unfortunately there are a lot of morons out there who want to try to politicise this by pretending its infringing upon freedoms/ its a Chinese conspiracy/ its fake news by the press/ its...whatever other rubbish you want to dream up...

The truth is very simple, we are living through a pandemic and during a pandemic extra steps have to be taken to promote public health and safety, one very simple step is to ask (yes ask) everyone who can to wear a facemark when in public spaces.

As a responsible adult I am going to wear a face mask just like I wear a seatbelt and don't drive like a idiot or just like how I don't block fire exists.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well I'm irresponsible and stupid....

Hhmmm just the same as what the media told us about those people who voted for Brexit! Irresponsible and stupid!

See a pattern here my easily manipulated bearded friend?

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

In my opinion its a bit like giving people exemptions to turn on their lights during the London blitz just because they are scared of the dark.

Yes you can both wear masks with valves and it will help ... however if one person has a valve on their mask, and you decide not to wear anything, then he can potentially infect you a lot more easily.
edit on 17-9-2020 by TheResidentAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

The less people who wear masks, the less people who observe social distancing, the less people who follow the rules, the longer this will go on and the

stricter lockdowns will become.

You, sir, are fighting against our freedoms, not for them.

So you subscribe to the

'Just listen to what we say and it'll all be over soon' philosophy'?

That always goes well...

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Well I'm irresponsible and stupid....

If you believe that being asked to wear a mask is infringing upon your rights and refuse to do so for no good reason then I would probably be forced to agree with you.

Solution would be to just wear the bloody thing, which lets face it day to day you probably do anyway.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

If I'm not sick, or symptomatic (coughing, sneezing, fever), why should I wear a mask?
www.advisory.com...
"However, Cowling said, because asymptomatic people don't cough or sneeze, they might not be as efficient at spreading the virus as symptomatic people."

So if I don't have symptoms, and don't go around french kissing my cashier, bartender or strangers on the street, how exactly am I going to spread the virus and why exactly would a mask help if I am not coughing or sneezing?

Spittle, you don't always know when it's coming out of your mouth, and it comes out a lot. Want me to spray that again? it comes out a lot.

You must not be popular if you spittle when you speak, most people at most expel a tiny bit of water vapor in their breath, but don't spit when they speak. That's supposedly what "6 feet" is for. So again, why would I wear a mask if I'm not symptomatic?

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

www.advisory.com...

You must not be popular if you spittle when you speak, most people at most expel a tiny bit of water vapor in their breath, but don't spit when they speak. That's supposedly what "6 feet" is for. So again, why would I wear a mask if I'm not symptomatic?

Assume your totally asymptomatic, you go visit granny and there you are having a little chat with her but her lavender perfume doesn't quite agree with your sinuses and you let out a little...congratulations, your selfishness in not wearing a mask may have just gave granny Covid, in a weeks time when they docs are asking you to turn of the vent, just think about that.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

There is zero excuse for a healthy adult not to wear a mask in public.

It's that simple.

Its got nothing to do with getting triggered or some left/right debate it's just common sense, now unfortunately there are a lot of morons out there who want to try to politicise this by pretending its infringing upon freedoms/ its a Chinese conspiracy/ its fake news by the press/ its...whatever other rubbish you want to dream up...

The truth is very simple, we are living through a pandemic and during a pandemic extra steps have to be taken to promote public health and safety, one very simple step is to ask (yes ask) everyone who can to wear a facemark when in public spaces.

As a responsible adult I am going to wear a face mask just like I wear a seatbelt and don't drive like a idiot or just like how I don't block fire exists.

Why is it "common sense" for a healthy asymptomatic person to wear a mask? I'm not sure you actually know the definition of common sense. Masks do not protect you from being infected, they somewhat help an infected and symptomatic person from infecting other people, but in that case, you shouldn't be out shopping and coughing through a mask on people. THAT is common sense.
edit on 17-9-2020 by panoz77 because: gr

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

www.advisory.com...

Assume your totally asymptomatic, you go visit granny and there you are having a little chat with her but her lavender perfume doesn't quite agree with your sinuses and you let out a little...congratulations, your selfishness in not wearing a mask may have just gave granny Covid, in a weeks time when they docs are asking you to turn of the vent, just think about that.

Cover your mouth when you cough, I have always done that, I assume you never learned proper hygiene? Do you know how to wash your hands, brush your teeth and wipe your ass? You should have learned those things as a child.
edit on 17-9-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

www.advisory.com...

Cover your mouth when you cough, I have always done that, I assume you never learned proper hygiene? Do you know how to wash your hands, brush your teeth and wipe your ass? You should have learned those things as a child.

Well I spent a few months working in a COVID ICU, so yeah I learned quite a bit, ie. COVID kills. Now most peoples respiratory hygiene is actually pretty poor, how many people really before this knew about the "vampire cough" or how many actually washed their hands after a cough.

And you're right masks don't really protect you form getting infected the idea is that if you have it they help to prevent you from spreading it to others. Even if your asymptomatic, masks help, if it saves even just a few people isn't it worth it?

I have yet to see a single good reason as to why a healthy adult does not wear a mask out in public spaces.
edit on 17-9-2020 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

www.advisory.com...

I don't have any more of a problem than any other human does. If you really believe people only breathe out water vapour when they speak and not spittle, all i can advise is research it.
But IF you are strict with the 6' rule, you will be in general a lot safer from other people's spittle, only if.
Try not to be so narrow minded.
edit on 17-9-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

By downloading and using this card you are fighting for the freedoms millions died for during the war.

By downloading and using that card you are becoming part of the problem , it's sad that a simple thing like wearing a face mask to help protect others is seen by some as a loss of freedom ... first world problems and all that.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Some of us prefer to trust the human immune system over authoritarian rulers.

The level of neurotic insanity exhibited around the world right now is truly outrageous.

Your fears shouldn’t infringe on my liberty, if you want to hide at home from a microscopic pathogen which Is entirely capable of passing straight through most coverings that’s your prerogative, don’t however project those of with a mind of our own as some kind of danger to society. Typical wannabe hero mentality.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 17/9/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Trust your own immune system sure. If masks were there to stop me getting it I'd probably not wear one, but thats not the case it's to protect them from you.

Do you trust everyone around you are such hardy creatures as yourself that they do not need protection from you potentially being sick ? How about those who are not even aware that they are in the at-risk group ? Or are you a survival of the fittest thinker to the last ?

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Some of us prefer to trust the human immune system over authoritarian rulers.

The human immune system doesn't know Covid-19, so yes, for a lot of people its gonna be a bit of a cough, for granny it could be a catastrophic attack on her body that results in ARDS and kills her. The mask is there for her not you, wearing a mask is a way to protect other people, its not to protect you (although it might help)

The level of neurotic insanity exhibited around the world right now is truly outrageous.

100% in agreement, some stuff we are doing is just stupid, for example in the UK we have recently moved from 8 people meeting from 3 households to 6 people from 2....what evidence is there that it's going to make any difference when I can still go to the pub...I don't think its going to do much. Masks on the other hand and isolating those most at risk is sensible and common sense.

Your fears shouldn’t infringe on my liberty, if you want to hide at home from a microscopic pathogen which Is entirely capable of passing straight through most coverings that’s your prerogative

Firstly of all I don't "fear" it, I have seen the worse of what it can do but I know that for the most part that I have seen the top percent of the very worst it can do and that if I got it it would be mild. So lets not pretend I am fearful of it because I am not.

Secondly I would highlight that its not infringing on your liberty anymore than wearing a seatbelt or bicycle helmet is. You can still chose not to wear one just don't expect to get into your local supermarket and why should you, why should he people that work there have to risk getting Covid because of your selfishness?

don’t however project those of with a mind of our own as some kind of danger to society.

If you walk into a hospital without a mask you are a danger to society. This is very very simple, its tiny ask, put a mask on, honestly unless you have spent 12 hours in full PPE with FFP3 in a busy hospital I really don't understand how you can complain about wearing a mask.

Why do you think you shouldn't wear a mask, what makes you so special that you shouldn't have to wear one?
edit on 17-9-2020 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join