It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking BAASS, Assessing AATIP and Doubting Thomas ‘DeLonge’

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep
Them portal's sound pretty wild.

Not half as wild as Parson's parties by all accounts.

Truth be told if I had the Top Secret clearance necessary Majorie Cameron's Navy records would be one of my first stops. She's a terribly interesting character.

Of course she didn't come through the portal either. There was no portal. An old friend, that she happened to bump into, suggested that she pop round to the Parsonage - I believe.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I never said that the 'occult' in the meaning you ascribe to it had anything to do with mental illness what I believe I siad, or perhaps implied, was that the belief in the occult is a manifestation of impatience. The desire for a short-cut. The users of the 'occult' prey on that impatience when they make their mark.

In terms of "credible information". Credible to whom?

To get back on track. Parson's isn't who is interesting in this story. He is only interesting in that he highlights the motives of those who co-opted his moto. Parson's was a risk-taker, a thrill-seeker. He was mad, bad and dangerous to know. As a consequence, throwing all caution to the wind, he suffered headaches from exposure to explosives. He also drank heavily, smoked and inbibed more than his fair share of narcotics. All of which could most definately have caused him to be delusional. But I don't think it was him that was delusional, he was just flamboyant and he loved the drama - which is why he isn't the hero in my narrative of the story of 'Being Human'.

My hero is the boy who climbed a cherry tree and had an amazing vision that would change the world forever. Who nurtured that vision into an idea and worked tirelessly to bring it into reality for the benefit of mankind. Ridiculed and marginalised he worked on the fringe for years and died in obscurity. If you want to make the world into a better place for your children, as DeLonge claims he does, it's the Robert H Goddards of this world you need to find not the Jack Parsons.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Guest101

My gut feeling is telling me this is likely a balloon.

The flight crew obviously did not deem the object a threat. The fact it was in visual range and the WSO was able to snap a photo says it all. His focus is on taking a picture.

Again, if this is a legit undoctored photo of a relatively stationary object multiple passes would most likely have been done with a positive I.D. If they were in pursuit the WSO would have been focusing on his job.

These folks are now encouraged to report UAP’s. This crew most likely confirmed a balloon floating around in one of their training areas. Adding to the information they are gathering on incursions in their training areas proving not ALL UAP’s are the little green guys.

That being said, I can count on five fingers the amount of times I have seen balloons floating around the past 15 years as a pilot.

I also don’t have much faith in a cell phone picture being the smoking gun in revealing the truth here, unless a relatively large craft is dancing around off one off your wingtips.

I do however feel there is some funny business going on in these training areas, alien or not.

edit on 8-12-2020 by Slyder12 because: Changes

edit on 8-12-2020 by Slyder12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It feels like a rehash of the 1990s again.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
With Trump going will TTSA have a revival?

Wasn't there some scuttlebutt about Hillary's lost stopped disclosure?

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Wikileaks seemed to say that Hilary was being urged to use 'UAPs' for political
advantage. It didn't appear that hardly anyone involved actually believed in
'UAPs', but just wanted to use them to gain votes.

I imagine that the calculus hasn't changed much.. that the teasing and scorn
one would get for 'believing in uap's' counteracts the possible political capital
one could generate.

It really appears that TDL's appeal to weaponize the youth for the government
didn't work at all.

He's just made himself look bat# crazy (that's innuendo for a certain balloon)
and here we at ATS wished him well. We were already a 'warmed up,
sympathetic audience' and it didn't work.
edit on 8-12-2020 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

He's just made himself look bat# crazy

And that's different from before, how? Exactly?

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

It really appears that TDL's appeal to weaponize the youth for the government didn't work at all. He's just made himself look bat# crazy (that's innuendo for a certain balloon)

If we are to believe everything coming out of the TTSA then the US Navy don't appear to be exactly firing on all cylinders either

1) Nimitz radar operators see strange activity off the West Coast during exercises. But the Navy does nothing for days.

2) When they finally do react they don't ask the nearest aircraft to investigate (Kurth's who is ordered to return to his carrier) but send unarmed F18s to go have look.

3) Their all American Top Gun Hero forgets to turn his camera on during what could have been the most important moment in history. Years later he describes events, in a video taken by another pilot of the events, that do not occur in said video.

4) The tape from this other pilot are somehow edited down to lower quality MPEG files and leaked out onto the internet 2 and half years later.

5) US intelligence tries to trace and ID the perpetrator(s) but fails. Ufologists and Pop Mechanics are able to succeed with ease.

6) Further events occur in 2015 and Director Zondo is so infuriated by his superiors' beliefs that this is the devil's work so he drafts a 'Differed' retirement letter. US military does nothing again about incursions into its airspace as it does not want to engage with Satan.

7) Director Zondo leaves to join entertainment company and become a reality TV actor. Claiming events of 2004 are a threat. As pointed out in the OP. This is like America waiting until 1971 to react to the launch of Sputnik. Or even boycotting the Barcelona Olympics in 1992 in protest at the USSR invading Afghanistan.

8) Latest developments show F18 Weapons officers take photos with their smartphones of objects not shaped like cubes that are later reported as being shaped like cubes by 'intelligence' staff.

You have now completed 10% of "The Disclosure Game". Please upgrade to TTSA 2.1 to continue playing in 2021.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Just a different type of bat# crazy ;-)

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

You contributions regarding TTSA and UFOlogy in general are a thing of beauty!

On this point:

Zondo is so infuriated by his superiors' beliefs that this is the devil's work

Are you confirming what I heard, that the 'Collins elite' (or at least evangelicals in the USG) wanted to close down whatever was really being done, or are you simply saying that Zondo was 'philosophically offended'?

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I think it was a a case of both.

Here's what the man himself said in a blog in 2018

....I experienced this first-hand during my time working at the U.S. Government’s Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP), where certain senior government officials thought our collection of facts on Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) was dangerous to their philosophical beliefs.

In fact, my AATIP predecessor’s career was ruined because of misplaced fear by an elite few. Rather than accept the data as provided by a top-rank rocket scientist, they decided the data was a threat to their belief system and instead, destroyed his career because of it.

Although in private each confided to me they knew the phenomena was real, it still contradicted their view of the world and their beliefs. Therefore, they viewed the effort as an affront to their religious narrative and belief system.

To be clear, these were some of the most incredibly competent and loyal patriots I have ever had the privilege to work with, and their motivations were sincere. Several were dear friends despite my disagreement that UAP were demonic in nature....

The Blondo Zog 2018

The Collins Elite appears to be a creation of, or maybe for ,Ray Boeche. With a certain Nick who also ran with the story. Whether they are one and the same group that Zondo is talking about remains unclear.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Honestly I don't care if the 'Collin's Elite's is a real thing, as there is little doubt that some evangelicals fit the same bill, regardless of what you call them.

I think the most important question to ascertain, and it's not likely ascertainable, is whether 'all this' is just multiple groups with different types of mental illness, warring with each other with taxpayer dollars, or whether they hold anything in their hands at all and it's not just all 'liars dice'.

I gotta say, that 2 of the TTSA scientists really impressed me.. they were doing some of the research that I would have done, had i the resources.

but the difficulty of attempting to 'prove unicorns' is such, i'm not holding my breath that any such researcher has actually accomplished something like that.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The Collins Elite appears to be a creation of, or maybe for ,Ray Boeche. With a certain Nick who also ran with the story

You mean Nick Redfern MM😇.

He seems to be in the thick of things of late. So you are saying Ray made it up possibly, and Redfern latched onto it?

I need to brush up on my Collins Elite knowledge.

edit on 9-12-2020 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

That's a cute object thingy😇.

Now I need to re-read that ten times.

What's really going on ..... Parlor Tricks!

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

You are good with those photos
))

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

unanticipated side-effect:

TTSA is turning us into satire photoshop artists!

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
"Then one day you say, "Hey, all that stuff is nonsense, relax, it's not that bad, you don't have to worry, the reality is this..." - and then you give them the real story."

"Mirage Men - Mark Pilkington"

So this may be the slow rewinding of the "real story". But there never was a spaceship.
Even the Story we got about Roswell from the air Force 48 years later wasn't exactly the real story, though you can use that report to deduce the real story that it looks like it was the remains of a Mogul service flight, which is not exactly the conclusion they came to in the Air Force report, though they did think it had something to do with Mogul.

So I don't have high hopes we will ever get the "real story" from official channels, though we might get something close 48 years later like we did with Roswell.

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: Arbitrageur

There are lots of problems with this picture.I've already posted them. But here they are again.

The article about this photograph very confusing.

1. Descriptions of the object are contradictory.
2. The location is in question
3. We have claims that the picture does not depict a balloon.

...all three officials we spoke with seemed dismissive of the idea that it depicts a balloon.

But it does look like a balloon. Maybe the three officials were Col. Ray Charles, General Stevie Wonder and Marshall Andrea Bocelli?
That made me laugh. I keep seeing these posts that pilots won't get confused by a balloon, they know what balloons look like, but apparently that may be people with a high ability for recognizing balloons assuming that everybody else with lower ability for recognizing balloons can also recognize balloons, when perhaps they can't, sort of in line with Dunning-Kruger research, but the high end that's not talked about as often as the low end.

4. The date the photo was taken is in question
5. The picture is allegedly a photo of a photo?

The metadata for the photo we shared relates to someone taking a picture of a picture with their cellphone. The actual photo that was included in the report had differing metadata

Twitter archived

I don't know how large the original photo must have been to have taken a picture with that level of clarity?
That's really the one problem with the photo I see, even then I can't confirm it wasn't a photo of a photo, I can only agree with you it doesn't really look like a photo of a photo usually looks so I agree the claim is questionable.

6. Is the object really there in the photo?

It could be a fake or a joke that somehow got passed around. We don't really know. There are already copies of a lower resolution blurred version of it that have been around since at least May 2020 too. As posted earlier in the thread.
I can't prove it's a fake, but even if it's not, I don't interpret the mylar balloon test data as ruling out a mylar balloon like that reaching even 20,000 feet.

Ever heard of Donna Hare? I think maybe someone showed her a fake UFO picture after hearing she was a UFO enthusiast and wanted to rile her up by showing her some faked photos; I suppose such things can happen, but I don't jump to that conclusion in this case, I just don't know.

That's a good list of concerns but most are with the story surrounding the photo. The military base/ocean discrepanncy could be as simple as a coastal military base but it really doesn't look like a dropsonde anyway so that whole discussion doesn't seem relevant. I understand the last two concerns with the photo itself, but I can't say anything definitive about those.

Almost like he was chosen as a messenger.
Agreed, it sure seems that way.

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
2. Insofar as 'boltzmann brains' - i'm certain there are people who say those exist
and are the 'mystic masters' on venus. So no, we have learned little. And YES,
it's conceivable that there are boltzmann brains, some of which are impersonating
'mystical entities'. Do I believe in them? I don't have enough information at this time,
but it's a compelling argument.
It's one of those physics arguments that's widely misunderstood and I think you misunderstand it, maybe some of the people you talk to also misunderstand it.

For an analogy, a similar misunderstanding occurs with the Schrödinger's cat thought experiment, where some people think it means the cat is in a superposition of states of being dead and alive at the same time.

No! That's not what it means, it means that obviously the cat being dead and alive at the same time is a stupid idea and we are frustrated we don't yet have a clear model to show why that's not true.

Similarly with Boltzmann's brain, it's a silly idea but we are frustrated we don't yet have a clear model to show why that's not true. The idea was developed before we had the big bang model, but with the development of the big bang model, Boltzmann's brain was a leftover idea which was no longer needed once the big bang model seemed to answer the entropy question.

The fact that out models can't prove those stupid ideas are false is not usually interpreted to mean they are reasonable ideas, it's usually interpreted to mean that our current models are inadequate, and we should be able to develop better models which can show why those ideas are wrong.

Here's what an actual physicist says about Boltzmann's brain, he's not really taking it seriously if you ask me to interpret this which I think is not an unusual stance at all:

Physicist Brian Greene

You mention in your book that we might be “Boltzmann brains” – fleeting aggregations of particles in space that happen to create the sense of being us. Does it keep you awake at night?

I don’t worry in the sense of it giving me some kind of existential angst. I am confident that I am not a Boltzmann brain. However, we want our theories to similarly concur that we are not Boltzmann brains, but so far it has proved surprisingly difficult for them to do so. So, I see Boltzmann brains as a mathematical problem that we need to solve, as opposed to an existential affront. I believe it is a problem that we will one day overcome.
-Brian Greene

BTW.. I consider most 'channeling' mental illness.
I thought most channeling was done by charlatans with a profit motive? However, there are undoubtedly some cases where mental illness is involved.

edit on 2020129 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guest101
Here’s a picture showing the side view of the batman balloon.

It has thick edges that look similar to the UFO photo. The general curvature of the front also is a good match.

I estimated the jet to be at about 25000 feet, but having looked at 15000 feet sky dive pictures it might be lower.
An altitude of 15000 feet would put the jet in the altitude range of a Mylar balloon.
I don't know how high the batman mylar balloons could go. The data on 10 samples of a different style mylar balloon may or may not be representative of other style mylar balloons. But even if you just take those 10 data points and enter them in excel and use the stddev function to calculate a standard deviation, the plus 3 sigma was about 20,000 feet. That makes some assumptions like a "normally discributed" population etc so that may not be reliable and the fact it's a completely different style mylar balloon maybe made in a different factory by a different machine makes it harder to say with any accuracy how high batman balloons could go. If we really wanted to have some idea we could test say, 50 of the same style of balloon.

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
Wow! It may indeed be plausible with the thickness as it is shown in your pic.

The object in question using a plain Jane un-graphic, un-colored bare metallic finish balloon...of that thickness hmmm.
I have no idea what you're talking about here. The "cube" UFO seems to have some kind of graphics on it even if not batman graphics, but the image is too fuzzy to say what the graphics show other than it doesn't seem to match batman. It does look like the same style.shape of balloon as the batman balloons though.

The other question now, is accounting for its orientated right side up profile flight into the atmosphere....
I see two explanations for that. Look at the picture again. Even if it was a sphere, the dangling string will get pulled down by gravity, orienting the string down. The pilot's photo is too fuzzy for the string to show up, if there is a string.

Even if there's not a string, it's not symmetrical in 3 dimensions like a sphere. So if one part of the balloon has more buoyancy, that part will get oriented to the top, and it looks like the top has more buoyancy to me. I would have to remove the string and verify that if I had the actual balloon but my prediction is buoyancy will "right" it even without the string.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Boltzmann brains are like the Bible.
You can use them to support nearly any case you might wish to make,
and the likelyhood of falsifying them is nearly zero.

now, the Bible can largely be falsified, with little effort, but it's impossible
to completely falsify anyting.. as one can say, "how do you know that we
aren't residents of a perfect simulation"

I've discussed Boltzmann brains quite thoroughly, with people much more
acclaimed than I will ever be, and what I said stands and was not incorrect.

(depending on who you talk to of course).

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join