It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Shutting Down a Huge Mistake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Collectively we screwed the pooch big time, maybe limited shutdowns in certain cities, but the whole country? No way. Now it's become a political football nationwide and statewide. It's the Democrats favorite tool and mistake

edit on 16-8-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
It probably was.

But it's best to err on the side of caution isn't it?

It's possible that it looks less dangerous because of the actions taken. It's also possible that it's just psyops.

But in the face of a pandemic (assuming it's real) surely overreacting is better than under reacting.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
I don’t think it was a huge mistake at first, it was to flatten the curve in which we don’t hear about that anymore. It is a huge mistake as of right now to keep it shut down. It’s time to Open sesame.

I was a bit concerned at first and thought it was a good idea.

In less than a month of working in the virus infected world everyday. I came to the conclusion that I had been hornswoggled.

I could be wrong. Maybe someone knows something about the virus we don't. It sure is looking like it was way overblown. Time will tell.

edit on 16-8-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Vote Yes Mistake.Planned Mistake.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Most of what has happened isn't supported by any kind of public health policy. Pandemic plans that are in place were designed for diseases with a much higher transmission rate or with a much higher chance of death/disability. This was handled poorly by all levels of government and continues to be handled poorly.

After the political posturing is complete, in 10 or 20 years, this will be remembered as the worst public health screw up in modern history. From messaging in the early days, to actual response, and back to the messaging as we reach a stage when less hysterical messaging should be happening, it's been garbage. The press has been enabled by constant garbage messaging from irresponsible officials like Fauci that can't stay on script for long enough to complete an interview.

Shutting down and mask mandates are ways for people in power to feel like they have control. It offers the public the same illusion of safety.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I feel it was a massive mistake here in Alberta. The oilfield was destroyed. So many are out of work and it's not looking good for them. I've heard of a few here and there getting their old jobs back, but many I know are still sitting at home wondering how long before the Gov. Covid benefits are canceled.

The covid fatigue here is real and people are not happy with the continued restrictions and the saber-rattling about a possible second shut down. This tiny town won't survive another one.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Same, my part of canada, vancouver island. I just don't get it. At all. Hardly any cases here and the government shut almost everything, including parks. So in the beginning, it was all about not swamping hospitals and it seems like mission accomplished yet now we are getting told to use masks. The walmart near here is mandating masks as of the 14th yet it's been five months with very few cases. If it were going to explode it would have already. Oh, and now there is a flood of local tourists, as well as license plates from Alberta, so I really feel if this were actually severe no one would be allowed to come onto the island. Sad, seeing so many lose hope. Young folk out of work.

None of this seemed right from the beginning. The media was far too scripted and the "experts" far too wishy washy/incompetent.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Approximately 75,000 "deaths of despair" because of the US Shutdown.

www.cbsnews.com...

It's so bad, the Washington Post had to publish the same article 5 times (thus far) saying that it's a myth. WaPo is a traitor to our country and to US citizens.

(post by asabuvsobelow removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Don't forget that mandatory masks actually allow us to ease lockdowns, which helps the economy.

But that is not happening in my state.
We have mandatory masks, have had it for weeks now.
Since that happened, bars have reclosed and the number of people allowed in a group got smaller.

A good part of our economy has never reopened since March.
Gyms, movie theatres, government offices, libraries...to name some.

While I cannot say for sure if shutdowns were wrong, what I think is that everything should have reopened two months ago.
Maybe keep things at 50-75% capacity.....but then I HATE CROWDS.

What I believe is that continued shutdowns will prolong the pain, ie it's still going to go through the entire population, even though we won't all get sick, and most of us will survive.

The emotional, economical, social damage that has been done is too great. The fear created is horrible and we many never recover from that.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on Sun Aug 16 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: DBCowboy

Isn't part of the real problem that large cities never did have adequate facilities to begin with?

They didn't but they sent those two ships over, one to NYC and the other the LA....they were horribly underutilized or not used.
Detroit, NYC and I am sure other cities had field hospitals set up....again almost not used.
And, remember all the health care workers that were laid off? Hospitals were far from overwhelmed, so it seems.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

It's hard to say.

Definitely, opening up before the shutdown had worked sure was.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

It was a Predetermined Calculated Move by the Cabal . Guess World Domination is Taking to Long for them .

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: DBCowboy

Isn't part of the real problem that large cities never did have adequate facilities to begin with?

They didn't but they sent those two ships over, one to NYC and the other the LA....they were horribly underutilized or not used.
Detroit, NYC and I am sure other cities had field hospitals set up....again almost not used.
And, remember all the health care workers that were laid off? Hospitals were far from overwhelmed, so it seems.

There were going to millions of deaths by now. It never happened. We were going to have the most horrific 2 weeks of our lives. It never happened.

Don't get me wrong. I am happy about that. But I don't know how we can be talking about shutting down again.

Release the HCQ!

edit on 16-8-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
An average of 410 Covid-19 related deaths per day since February, in a country where 7,400 people die every day from ALL causes.

NO...not worth shutting down over. Not by a long shot!

By being big chickens, over such a small threat, tons of teachers are setting a poor example for our children too.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
All we need to do is look at countries that didn't shut down and only recommended social distancing and masks. Sweden never shut down and their numbers are right there about what the shut down countries looked like and in many cases are better.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Just as long as people understand that this was a Democrat pushed shutdown.

Respectfully, you can't have this conversation without the inclusion of a particular political party.

Therein lies the issue, was the shutdown partly a seriously overlooked political gambit?

As the title of the thread indicates, it depends.

Looking back now, from this point, a limited shutdown? Perhaps in the most densly packed areas, lets not forget, the shutdowns were to prevent overwhelming the hospital staff, not neccesarily to prevent the spread of Coronovirus in a given area.

Prolonged, second and unnecessary shutdowns is OVERREACH and has resulted in the greatest loss of revenue and GDP since, well ever.

Of course the shutdowns were bad, under the most strictist and hardened circumstances should it be considered, but overall? No.

People need to also understand that key terms make this whole complicated, we're not talking small pox or the return of something we faced before, rather, a NOVEL virus. For all intents and purposes, to include the actual data, nCov is very incredibly dangerous.

The politication of such a thing also doesn't help when CBS and other news orgs constantly push video segments on daily deaths breaking records. Apparently, all those videos are now being ratioed because people are honestly tired of something they hardly see or experienced themselves.

Point is and more to the thread, this whole endeavor was emotional overreaction and political sleazebag opportunities that have contributed to our economic decline.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Answer to OP:

Yes, next question.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If there had been no shutdown, for many that would have read this post.... The post would not have been written and those that would have read it, are dead.

It is very tough to look fate in the eye, irregardless of how bad, or good a major decision may have been.

It has already taken place and is history.

Most catastrophic incidents in history have this attribute. We need to move on.
edit on 16-8-2020 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join