It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart will require shoppers wear mask July 20th

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
A) You are asserting that just because one has to be circumspect about their spending, they are 'filthy'.

Um, have you ever been inside a Walmart? Is there some manner of Devilry going on between American Walmarts and Canadian Walmarts like between American 7/11s and Japanese 7/11s, where the Japanese 7/11s are like gourmet food stores compared to the day old fried burrito and cheap bottle of hooch American 7/11s?

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Here is some unbiased face mask information I add to threads about mask wearing:

N95 - N (Not Waterproof, doesn't stop oil droplets), 95 (catches 95% of particulates over 0.3 microns in diameter)
P100 - P (water proof, catches oil droplets), 100 (catches 99.9% of particulates over 0.3 microns in diameter)

Corona viruses - Less than 0.15 microns

An N95 mask will be catching only about 90% (misses 1 out of 10) of particles under 0.15 microns in size, and only when the mask is fresh, efficacy reduces over time.

Unless a mask is certified for Work Activities, any face covering is reducing your oxygen intake to dangerous levels in minutes.

N95 type masks are only supposed to be used for short periods, with non-intensive activity, with long periods of fresh air between uses to restore oxygen levels.

*The body can recover from short periods of mask use.
*Extended periods lead to reduced oxygen levels and increased CO2 levels.
*Sustained periods of reduced oxygen leads to impaired cognitive function.
*Continued sustained use, leading to sustained oxygen deprivation, can lead to permanent brain damage.

This can make you feel lethargic and reduce high level brain activity.

If you intend to do any physical activity (or just get hot sitting in the sun), you should wear a mask with sufficiently rated air-flow.

A P100 mask with dual filters for instance, is comfortable to wear, provides cool air, good overall air-flow, is water-proof (moist breath), and is designed to use while doing physical labour.

However, even P100 style masks shouldn't be worn for extended periods. At most they can be used for a normal day's work (8 hours in a 24 hour period) with regular breaks every hour to refresh oxygen levels.

If you need to wear a mask longer, really you should wear a powered and ventilated full face mask that pumps filtered air into a full head covering, including your ear canals, maintaining oxygen levels.

Any other mask is essentially useless, and realistically dangerous for your average un-informed person to wear.

People should be very careful wrapping their faces for extended periods in un-verified fabrics as it causes suffocation.

I hope this information helps people make informed decisions about when to wear masks.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

If there's anywhere on this planet one does not want to succumb to low oxygen and lose consciousness, just behind a crack house, a prison shower, and a frat house where Sharpie markers are present would be a Walmart. Hell, considering the masses of humanity that actually shop there maybe it's top of the list as you could theoretically regain consciousness with a newfound drug addiction, a sore ass, and a phallus drawn on your forehead in permanent ink.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

How did you NOT see that coming?

If your Local Grocery is requiring mask, I'm pretty sure others will as well.

Listen, I'm an absolutely against lock downs, but mask? It isn't that bad. I have a badass American Flag mask I sport. Like the old days, it just adds as an accessory.

Remember people, the Japanese culture was donning these exact masks before any pandemic, who know a culture would already be prepared? How are the stats in Japan inregards to Coronovirus?

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

That's my point though, masks don't work either and they are pushing those. To me it seems like if they were serious about stopping or slowing down the spread they would have all areas covered with the hands being one of the worst. But again no push for hand coverings or mandatory hand washing and many of the stores I have been to are always out of sanitizing wipes or they have one can for everyone coming in to share. Its all smoke and mirrors

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Ok, so they can ask, but I do not have to respond, and they cannot require a response that divulges any medical details that are protected by HIPAA.

They can also deny entry as the Trump-led Justice Department permits in the link I provided.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Auggie could have been a nice guy and offered that link to you to educate you instead of being a jerk, but that's not his style.

Nope, I'm not here to spoon feed people.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
A) You are asserting that just because one has to be circumspect about their spending, they are 'filthy'.

Um, have you ever been inside a Walmart?

I'm no fan of Walmart as a matter of principal, and I am fortunate enough to have the discretion to take my purchasing power elsewhere. BUT...I'm not about to denigrate people who shop there, just because they shop there. As to the other part of my post, I'm calling out a racist dog whistle that a disturbing number number of commentators here are content to either ignore or excuse.

That and the suggestion that somebody would fake an ailment to dodge wearing a mask. That's like parking in a handicapped space when you don't need to. All very ironic in a discussion that also disparages Walmart shoppers for being weak of character.
edit on 16-7-2020 by JohnnyCanuck because: correction!

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
A) If you lie about having a disability, for any reason, you are a garbage person.

It isn't a lie. The idea of a mask makes me insane and want to kill anyone who wants to force me to wear one.

Next?

B) Walmart can still refuse to let you enter because they offer online grocery pickup, a reasonable accommodation.

Requiring me to wear a mask is in violation of State Law that forbids the wearing of masks in public except in certain circumstances, plandemic not being one of them.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hey folks, you know the old business adage, "No shoes, No shirt, No service."?

Yeah, it's like that, just, "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Mask, No Service."

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
It’s ridiculous.

Isn't it though?

It seems most of the people whining about having to wear a mask are on of a certain political party.

Isn't it though? I am so sick and tired of the whining demwits crying about how everyone needs to wear masks just so they can 'feel safe', even though the science proves it doesn't do hardly anything (maybe a tiny bit, but not enough to warrant forcing everyone to wear one at gunpoint).

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
They can also deny entry as the Trump-led Justice Department permits in the link I provided.

No, they can't, if you have a medical condition that precludes you from wearing one.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

No, they can't, if you have a medical condition that precludes you from wearing one.

They can. They'll tell you to do curbside or online.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They can. They'll tell you to do curbside or online.

And I'll ignore them and walk right in.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
A) If you lie about having a disability, for any reason, you are a garbage person.

It isn't a lie. The idea of a mask makes me insane and want to kill anyone who wants to force me to wear one.

Next?

B) Walmart can still refuse to let you enter because they offer online grocery pickup, a reasonable accommodation.

Requiring me to wear a mask is in violation of State Law that forbids the wearing of masks in public except in certain circumstances, plandemic not being one of them.

I’d say if you’re that quick to jump to homicide/insanity at something as small as a mask, maybe it’s YOU who needs to be isolated from the general population.

And you should test your theory out; go try walking into a store that requires masks and see how far you get after you tell them you’re getting homicidal at the request to wear a mask. Then send Trump a tweet telling him how unfair it is that a private business is acting within their rights to run their company as they please.

It’s funny that none of the conservative/republicans I meet with on a daily basis have a problem wearing masks. I’m overseeing 2 large construction projects on my property right now and spend a large part of my day with these contractors, have been for 6 months, enough to know their political leanings and hobbies (I go shooting with one of them). Maybe they’re just really happy to start working again after 3-4 months of permits being tied up by our city being closed.

Also funny is that these guys are mostly wearing basic N95’s, inside areas without AC and on top of South Florida roofs and there’s yet to have been any mishaps or people losing their ability to work as a result of wearing masks.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Kroger has not bent a knee yet in my area. I have home healthcare and my nurse says she gets a headache from the excess CO2 she has to breath within 10 minutes of putting her mask on, she takes it off as soon as she leaves my house, it's a requirement of her job.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

And you will be promptly removed and likely fined.

Your exemption, BS as it is, is not a carte blanche card. The second the business has made a reasonable attempt to service you, you are now in the wrong.

Curbside is very reasonable.

Thank you for showing us all that this isn't about masks for you though, just you being a giant baby about your life...or lack there of.

edit on 16-7-2020 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Um, have you ever been inside a Walmart? Is there some manner of Devilry going on between American Walmarts and Canadian Walmarts like between American 7/11s and Japanese 7/11s, where the Japanese 7/11s are like gourmet food stores compared to the day old fried burrito and cheap bottle of hooch American 7/11s?

I wouldn't say gourmet, but yes, the average Canadian Walmart is significantly cleaner than some US Walmarts.

Not all, but certainly some.

Ours are also smaller and have way fewer staff than the US ones. In my experiences, any way.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
I’d say if you’re that quick to jump to homicide/insanity at something as small as a mask, maybe it’s YOU who needs to be isolated from the general population.

I'd say, if you're that quick to claim that my refusal to wear a mask equates to being 'homicidal or insane', then you are the one who is insane. In case you didn't get it, my reference was a joke. Morons.

##Masks
##YourNewNormal

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Good for you, I'm sure when they call the cops it'll be a thrill.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join