It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart will require shoppers wear mask July 20th

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: carewemust
Four Walmarts within 5 miles radius of my place. All have required masks since late March.
Masks should be required 365 days a year in one of them, if you get my drift.

No, I don't. Could you be more specific?

I think you know exactly what he means.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

So you choose to boycott walmart because they require masks which may help prevent a virus, but you didn't boycott walmart for bad employee practices and destroying local markets before?

TPTB are truly winning. Everyone making decisions based on politics

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Wal-Mart took a knee and will now require masks.

www.cnn.com...

"About 65% of Walmart's more than 5,000 stores, including its Sam's Club locations, are located in areas where there is a government mandate on face coverings."

"To help bring consistency across stores and clubs, we will require all shoppers to wear a face covering starting Monday, July 20," Walmart US chief operating officer Dacona Smith and Sam's Club chief operating officer Lance De La Rosa said in a blog post Wednesday. "

I didnt see that one coming or at least not yet.

Thoughts?

I'm just going to refuse and inform anyone who tries to stop me of two things...
1. I have a medical condition that precludes me from wearing anything that restricts my breathing.
They cannot question this, as it would be a violation of HIPPA...
2. Georgia State Law makes it a misdemeanor to wear a face mask.
Most States have similar laws... check yours...
Next?

So, do you actually have a medical condition that precludes you from wearing a mask, or is this just a matter of assuming a fake ailment in order to weenie-out on the rules?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

You have confused the meaning of the term "Karen." I am using the rules adopted by 'Karen', in this case Walmart, against them. Thus I am applying expert revenge In the form of malicious compliance to a 'Karen."

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Four Walmarts within 5 miles radius of my place. All have required masks since late March.

Nope. Buddy posted: "Four Walmarts within 5 miles radius of my place. All have required masks since late March. Masks should be required 365 days a year in one of them, if you get my drift.
"

I'm just an ignorant foreigner, and I'd him to explain what he's talking about.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

My local Walmart has been requiring masks since March.

The employees have been told not to confront customers who are not wearing them.

Most of the time it is about 50 / 50 masks to no masks.
edit on 15-7-2020 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Yeah and here in Saline at the local WalMart, we've got a poor halfwit sitting on a stool monitoring people as they do the USSR shuffle through the cattle run they have set up making sure you're masked up and making sure only a certain number of people are in the store at one time. They've also started putting pictures of meat on the shelves so you can see what it would look like if there was some.

And here's my mostest favorite part. There is only one door open in the store. The rest are locked up tight. I hope to God there isn't a fire in there.

I've started wearing my R95 half face respirator. I also carry the NIOSH and CDC certification for it because you just know some nitwit is going to take issue because I don't use a face diaper. Pro tip: if your mask fogs your glasses it's because it leaks and doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I haven't been inside a Walmart in over a year and probably have spent my entire life averaging one visit every years and half to 2 years at most...

I'm surely looking forward to the photos of these forced facial covering events on People of Walmart, though.
Perhaps I'll see some ATS members in those photos, perhaps even between one of the classic images of a fat minority woman with shelf ass elbow deep down the back of her yoga pants and the photo of the possibly homeless scuzzball wearing the shirt with an offensive witticism on it.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Dems are the only only ones who play politics with the masks. People who refuse to wear them simply are just refusing to wear them. It has nothing to do with politics.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Let's talk about closing the barn door after the horses are twenty miles away...

They can require this as they choose. I can choose to do my shopping elsewhere, and will do so. My few hundred dollars a month may not sound like much, but I won't be the only one.

Ah, Wal-mart, what must Sam be thinking?

People say that, but as I've seen with Costco, people eventually gave in.
Pretty soon the majority of places will require them so then what?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wonder how much shoplifting has gone up

Bet self checkout has taken a huge hit

What is the point of asking for photo ID when buying alcohol if u have a mask on

Umm ? The tearm mask seems to be non specific can I use a Jason mask

And if its mandatory shouldent the mask be free

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

90% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US border. You get "Murica" 24x7 whether you like it or not. You aren't the least bit ignorant.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: tanstaafl

Well it is illegal to wear a mask hiding your identity if you are carrying a concealed firearm.

Not in Michigan, there is an exception to that for Covid purposes.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
In case anyone missed it, and for what it's worth, here is a simulation of the spread of aerosol particles in an indoor space... like a supermarket.

Finnish University Simulation

A joint project carried out by four Finnish research organisations has studied the transport and spread of coronavirus through the air. Preliminary results indicate that aerosol particles carrying the virus can remain in the air longer than was originally thought, so it is important to avoid busy public indoor spaces. This also reduces the risk of droplet infection, which remains the main path of transmission for coronavirus.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I don't wear 'em. If a place requires them, I go elsewhere. It's that simple.

If all grocery stores begin to do this, I'll go with curbside pickup. You go right ahead and cater to the whims of dictatorial govt. if you choose to do so. I choose not to.

I've said this from the get-go.

I was just in good ol' Wal-mart this morning...didn't wear one, though I'd say about about a third of customers were.

That's fine. I'm not going to keep 'em from doing so.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Because, to be perfectly blunt, I don't care if they wear 'em properly or not. Masks are useless, even if they weren't useless, it's way past the time when they'd have done any good.

...and, yes, it's politics. It's govt. overreach, bordering on tyranny. If that ain't politics than I don't know what is.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Hardly the most outrageous of demands would be my thoughts on the matter.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: billxam
a reply to: RazorV66

And here's my mostest favorite part. There is only one door open in the store. The rest are locked up tight. I hope to God there isn't a fire in there.

Ours did that too but the sign on the door says emergency exits only so they are supposed to work for that.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

90% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US border. You get "Murica" 24x7 whether you like it or not. You aren't the least bit ignorant.
Perhaps. But since our pal here decided to post a 'nudge-nudge, wink-wink', I'm curious to see if he actually has the cojones to explain his remark.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

That's the same simulation that spread Germans across two supermarket aisles a couple of months ago!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join