It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis police arrest CNN team reporting on street closure

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild
Ill pray for you.

Just not to Jesus, make it to Cthulhu. We need a cleansing.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: cognizant420
a reply to: SaturnFX

I'm betting they went into a blocked off area on purpose to get more crap started. Classic media maneuver.

Would not be surprised if they were told to stay away from the area and went anyways.

Yep.

If you noticed they were standing right in the middle between the police and the rioters. I saw the police in other videos telling those filming to not stand in their way and those people moved and weren't bothered again.

So they don't have the freedom to report unless the police allow it.

Interesting .

Not when they are obstructing they don't. You must have missed the part where I mentioned they were asked to move and they did?

What where they obstructing ? If the police decided to charge and they where in their way then that's there hard luck.

I didn't see any taped off area where it had been declared a crime scene .

What a bloody mess.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

ehhh o..kay?

Whats that? I don't keep up with all things neckbeard.
edit on 29-5-2020 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

link   

Well it is a Democrat run city. And they have not acted on the cop.

Is this only to trick Trump on action, and enter that hole?

link   
Maybe someone was watching the CNN live report back at dispatch and didn't like that the CNN anchor was saying that the line of officers being filmed was the reason for or the "Why" the riots were occurring.
edit on 29-5-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I'm betting they went into a blocked off area on purpose to get more crap started. Classic media maneuver.

Would not be surprised if they were told to stay away from the area and went anyways.

No they didn't. Stop creating FALSE news. They were explicitly told by the police to stand in that same spot. Then some higher up gave the order to arrest that particular CNN crew, starting with the black reporter.

Seems like this was all planned to create more angst among the whole black vs white issue. Martial law is now in full effect.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Unfortunately, these LEOs are fully within the scope of the State's "police power" to act to secure the situation in the interest of "public welfare."

The fact that some of you doubt what you see happening because its CNN and wouldn't have the same doubt if it were Fox News Channel is an indicator of how well the programming is going.

The riots are being either staged or accelerated due to very evident agents provocateur. Protesters are on video trying to stop the scum that are inciting violence.

But ... and here's the kicker, there are some actual citizens looting/burning, but not all. There are good cops out there trying to ensure the public welfare but not all, there are some political/economic interests that are intentionally spreading chaos ... now, which is which?

How do you tell the "good guys" from the "bad guys"?

Exactly.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

If the police asked them to move and get out of the way, how is that preventing them from reporting and doing their job?

It isn't. All they had to do was move out of the way, and this most likely never would have happened.

CNN actually has earned the title of fake news. They are exactly the same and corrupt types as your BBC.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

If you actually watch the video, the reporter asks the police (paraphrase): "Where would you like us to go? Tell where we can go and we will. We were moving to get out of your way, tell us where we can go."

Not to mention there is nothing going on in that area, they identified themselves as media, and they have a right to be there reporting.

Scary times in America when reporters are arrested on live TV for doing their jobs.

edit on 29-5-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: alldaylong

This type of incident is happening in Hong Kong.

Oh hang on, isn't America condemning China for that ?

You just can't make it up.

The city and state are run by Democrats.

They're cool with China.

They are so cool with China they want the US to become like China, with massive speech control, with tracking of the population, with voting methods that can be easily manipulated.

And CNN MSNBC NBC ABC CBS NYTimes all seem to support Chinese style control over the population as a good thing for the collective.

To enact collectivism and control over the ignorant masses CNN/Democrats/etc. are following the play book: do what you can to destroy the country ; get people to go out of control using propaganda and any "crises that must not be allowed to go to waste" ; weaken the people and turn them into jellyfish of fear (non-stop COVID reporting and now encouraging massive rioting by ramping up latent rage) ; destroy the economy which the Dem Governors in those states have been doing and continue to do ; CNN is their main mouthpiece with the assistance of the NBC group.

edit on 5/29/20 by The2Billies because: format

link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild

But these people are fakes and crooks... Whats the issue? OHHHHHHH 'tHeY aRe ObJeCtIvE jOuRnAlIsTs' right?

So, you have no issues with reporters being arrested so long as you disagree with their political stances (that you assume you know).

I really can't think of a more anti-american stance than that really.

First Amendment bro...the very first one
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

link   
The entire thing looked staged, no Miranda warnings to any of them...seemed like hardly anything at all was said by the police.
I am not buying it.
edit on 29-5-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm betting they went into a blocked off area...

What do you mean, a 'blocked off area'? Why do we want the government 'blocking off areas' and not allowing reporting from them? Sounds very totalitarian in its implications.

I thought CNN was all about the government blocking off areas. Places like small businesses, public spaces, people's private property, all seemed to be fair game.

NOW closing off areas is a problem for them?

Those that support tyranny shouldn't be surprised when it's used against them.
edit on 5/29/20 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Those that support tyranny shouldn't be surprised when it's used against them.

Said every tyrant, ever.

2nd

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It wasn't staged...

News crew released and the Gov. Apologized.

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 29-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I'm sorry, but with all the lies, propaganda & BS that streams out of MSM my first thought is cnn staged this on purpose somehow...

Holding off judgement until more non bias info is available.

Pffft! If this was going on in Hong Kong people, especially Trump, would be banging the "they're attacking free speech" drum.

link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

That's nice.

I don't do the hysteria thing, I actually believe that the Constitution stands for something. Particularly when I DON'T agree with the person(s) in question.

I may think all Democrats and Republicans are assholes but I support their right to be assholes.

link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
The entire thing looked staged, no Miranda warnings to any of them...seemed like hardly anything at all was said by the police.
I am not buying it.

Miranda warnings are unnecessary in a police state.

They've gotten the taste for "police power" now.

They can do anything they wish as long as they are "protecting the public welfare. "

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

a reply to: alldaylong

If the police asked them to move and get out of the way, how is that preventing them from reporting and doing their job?

It isn't. All they had to do was move out of the way, and this most likely never would have happened.

CNN actually has earned the title of fake news. They are exactly the same and corrupt types as your BBC.

Again, wrong information you are posting.

1) The police clearly told them to stand in that particular spot.
2) When the cop grabbed his arm, the reporters then asked them where should they move to. They said they will gladly go but then they just started to arrest them left and right.

Get it right, please.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I'm sorry, but with all the lies, propaganda & BS that streams out of MSM my first thought is cnn staged this on purpose somehow...
Holding off judgement until more non bias info is available.
So, First Amendment rights are no longer the default? Guess what? America lost.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join