It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“ when the looting starts the shooting starts “ Donald J Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm Canadian and I think they should shoot the looters...I also own lots of guns....

Do that to my property and you'll end up ventilated..

Just like anywhere else we come in all flavours...

Didn't expect to see you mash everyone together into one stereotype...

ETA: reply was to Lumenari....quote is working all wonky.

edit on 5/29/2020 by MykeNukem because: eta

edit on 5/29/2020 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Fallingdown

Trump is totally wrong with that tweet.

Floyd was a thief and these fine folks are honoring his memory by thieving.

Seems appropriate.

What does his past have to do with the fact that he was illegally murdered? Did he not serve his time? That's a rhetorical question because we both know the answer to that...

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

edit on 29-5-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Trump was right, blunt, not politically correct, probably can make an argument for rude.. but still right.

the only thing letting them burn down a section of the city did was probably put some of the private businesses out of business, and raise taxes on the people.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
As usual, the haters jumped to conclusions, and unfortunately, many haters don't have real good reading comprehension.

Looting leads to shooting, and that’s why a man was shot and killed in Minneapolis on Wednesday night - or look at what just happened in Louisville with 7 people shot. I don’t want this to happen, and that’s what the expression put out last night means....

....It was spoken as a fact, not as a statement. It’s very simple, nobody should have any problem with this other than the haters, and those looking to cause trouble on social media. Honor the memory of George Floyd!

twitter.com...

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Even though the meaning behind the quote has been cleared up . Yes if it’s a matter of life or death or protection of private property. I do condone lethal force. In the state of Kentucky (and I’m sure many others )under Castle doctrine the use of deadly force is allowed to protect property .

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Except it has very specific historical connotations attached to it. Trump can backpedal all he wants but the initial context was clear.

Like I've said before, Trump's motto is, "The buck stops all the way over there."

What a great quality to have in a leader.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

No. The context was evidently not clear. When I first read that tweet last night, I thought he was saying exactly what he clarified today.

link   
Well, what do you know...

President Obama agrees with President Trump. The looters are criminals and thugs!

twitter.com...

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Like I've said before, Trump's motto is, "The buck stops all the way over there."

That's funny, that is an accurate statement for pretty much every president since the 1980s probably even further back.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The phrase was coined in 1967 by the Miami Chief of Police in reference to how his department would respond to protests.

Even if we ignore the historical context, Trump used the phrase in the exact same sentence that he talks about the military taking control of the situation. The meaning couldn't be more clear.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
In the meantime, the looting and shooting is spreading to dozens of cities !!!!!!! 😤

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Twitter choosing to have an opinion in the president's statement is going to bite them in the ass

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist
a reply to: Fallingdown

Although I agree with that for the most part.

You condone the president advocating killing US citizens?!

Or did I misinterpret?

You misinterpreted.

Where does it say he condones it, supports it, or approves of it.

All that tweet says is people die when looting starts - and that is historically accurate - PERIOD.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Hes pigeon holing.

Trumps statement isnt about killing looters. Its about law and order. If it degrades and local forces are overwhelmed, it will have order restored by force.

Everyone supports that. Nit supporting it is supporting bedlam and violence against innocent citizens, the assaults and rapes that go unpunished without order.

Thus other user is misrepresenting the context and forcing people into that pigeon hole to argue.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
First time I’ve ever been happy to screw up a thread by walking into it deaf, blind in dumb .

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco has ordered the National Guard to "shoot and kill" looters in New Orleans. .

link

If it was ok then why isn't it ok now?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

It wasn't okay then. Many people took issue with how things were handled in New Orleans post-Katrina.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That is one hell of an ironic thought-process, Moderator...

Twitter choosing to have an opinion in the president's statement is going to bite them in the ass

1. Twitter did NOT impose an opinion. They were simply moderating their website according their Terms & Rules. Just like you are *assigned* to do on this website...

2. I will remember your words EVERY SINGLE TIME time you choose to *moderate* on ATS in the future AS IMPOSING YOUR OPINION...
edit on 30-5-2020 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

I'm sure by now you have figured out why it's a racist dog-whistle...

Stay informed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join