It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks in public - huge and rapid shift in the “New Norm”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Phoenix
No...they have every right to refuse you service..and should, and will

No... they don't, and I will sue their asses off...

Hopefully I won't have to, here in Georgia we seem to be a little less insane about this nonsense.

You sound like that 14th guy in line at Home Depot yesterday...6ft apart down the block..."

Sue me. My store, my rule....and you could see everyone felt like you in that line at H.D.

But they also had that look like if I want plants or plywood...I'll have to follow policy.

Nothing stays the same

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
Those of us who have had it(C-19) are being persecuted!

FREE MY PEOPLE!

The irony is that so many people have had it and show no symptoms, and so the infection rate is far greater than the experts want to talk about.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I think what she is trying to say is that ideas of freedom are selfish thoughts.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

That's what everyone who wants you to lock yourself inside your home is saying, "If you go outside and I die, it's your fault."

Nevermind that I have no idea who they are or where they live in almost every case, and even when I do, they live nowhere near me, so if I go outside and get it, then the only way it matters is if I know where they are to take it to them and then proceed to do so.

They act like staying inside is about eradicating this disease, but it never was, not the way we were sold on it. It was only ever about not overwhelming medical. Well, now that the initial rush has slowed, we aren't overwhelming medical to begin to live again to a small extent, and we need to or else we kill society. I find it far scarier to kill society. I actually don't want to live the apocalypse.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not to also mention, if you wear glasses, they fog up and you cannot see worth spit.
And none of those de-fogging remedies work well, I've tried them all.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

I think what she is trying to say is that ideas of freedom are selfish thoughts.

Interesting she wants to limit freedom

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Well, at least we can go around without being on CCTV everywhere we go.... one good thing to come out of this I say, although those upto no good can also cover their faces!

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I saw a comment somewhere that it would be interesting how fast the mask mandates would disappear if people started wearing bright red masks with MAGA on them.
edit on 3-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Have you tried flaming your glasses? You need real glasses, no plastic.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I saw a comment somewhere that it would be interesting how fast the mask mandates would disappear if people started wearing bright red masks with MAGA on them.

If everyone wore a MAGA face mask social distancing would immediately be the norm.
edit on 3-5-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I read this morning that Oklahoma rescinded it's mask laws due to shopkeepers and staff receiving death threats. Since I have no desire to wear a mask I might make the 8 mile drive to shop there.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Had go to a Georgia H.D. for job needs for first time since fake whuhanuflu started and watched people do a very good imitation of sheep - just pissed me off so left and went to a smaller local hardware and got what I needed without sheep surrounding me.

If everyone just refused the crap it'd stop post haste or retailer can suffer big loss in business - I had a choice and took it - waltzed in got my stuff and back out the other retailer in 5 minutes flat.

People just need to learn to say NO!

BTW I have no issue with voluntary requests from government or businesses - its the mandatory walk all over common sense rules and fines that are nothing more than sheep training that I have issue with.

Apparently lot-o-sheep out there.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I’ve been wearing a mask for weeks. I’d say about 2/3 of the people in the grocery store I go to wear masks. The rest do not. I don’t judge though. It’s up to them. Nobody is saying (yet) that you have to wear one. I would never give someone a dirty look or shame someone for not wearing one. They are not easy to find. If you order online, you’ll be waiting 2-4 weeks. My parents are not online, and could not get one. I ordered a couple for them online and mailed them out to them.

Sooo...the best reply to anyone who says "where's your mask?" Would be "it's in the mail"

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Mask = Sheeple

They need to make a mask with a sheep face...I would get one of those for sure..

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hobos, bums, alcoholics, drug addicts, meth-heads.

Mentally ill people, psychopaths, animals, lawyers.

Glue-sniffing children in Manila traffic, starving people in third-world countries.

Homeless people.

Now, how many of these groups wear masks? Can everyone really be expected to wear a mask?

I think the luxuriously first-world people with their little first-world problems can or at least should immediately understand if some people don't, won't, or can't wear a mask.

There has been a shortage of those things for a long time, they might not be available everywhere. In certain countries, only a couple of hundred people have died SUPPOSEDLY - or at least reportedly ((but not necessarily)) - from the 'dreaded virus' .

How many people die of starvation every day? How many deaths have been falsely reported as being caused by the 'dreaded virus', when in fact, it should've been reported as died -with- it?

Why are governments so eager to go to overly drastic 'overreaching' measures to control people, even when it makes absolutely no sense?

When you think about these things, people should really think twice about the masks. Sure, 'better safe, than sorry' - but what about those that are weary of even existing, let alone having to do it in this kind of a world, and wouldn't MIND some virus setting them free after all these painful decades? Should they also get 'dirty looks' from the fearful?

What's with people trying to control each other, even in times, when fakery is going on that's clearly aimed to generate fear and grow the power and advance the agenda of the most powerful lunatics on the planet? Are people really still so blind and ignorant that they take everything they see on the idiot box without any grains of salt?

When I get off this wretched planet, I am probably going to think that these and these kind of people deserve everything they're getting. However, I will probably still pity the ignorant fools when they get forcibly microchipped. I just hope I won't be here anymore at that point.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So the governor of Kentucky just back tracked a bit for the good. Previously masks were to become mandatory on May 11th with businesses being fined for serving those without masks but individuals getting no fines or arrests.

Today he stated that masks will NOT be mandatory, but employers MUST provide employees with PPE. He is still begging people to wear masks but has decided not to make it mandatory.

Thank you Governor Andy for lightening up a bit! Hopefully more loosening up to come, crossing my fingers!

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Police are enforcing the new mask requirement in Illinois. One made me put my mask on when I was pumping gas today.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Sheesh people. Choose your battles. Seriously. Is it really worth fighting over something like this? I haven't left my house since February. Is it a pain in the butt to have everything delivered and do without some of the luxuries I had before? Yes. Do I honestly want to risk my health or someone else's just to make a point? Nope.

Here's the thing. If everyone was cooperating and had been cooperating all along, we would have a better idea of whether or not we're being lied to about this virus. As long as people are defying the social distancing recommendations and protesting and just being general asses about it, we're never going to know. If the virus is as contagious as they say it is, you're definitely going to get it if you so much as breathe in someone else's exhale in an enclosed space. Whether or not it actually makes you seriously ill is beside the point.

The point is that if you get it, you will spread it. If you don't even know you have it and you spread it, the people you spread it to will spread it to many others. Now. Don't you wish we could look at the level of compliance and compare that with the numbers we're seeing and figure out if social distancing is even working?

It's this simple. If the virus is as bad as they say it is, it needs to be defeated as quickly and safely as possible (which means that spreading it to people with weak immune systems and killing them is not the best way to accomplish "herd immunity"). You can voice your concerns without being an idiot and frankly, the way some people are choosing to protest is going to end up costing us more freedom in the long term than it would be if they weren't doing this.

At the very least doing everything you can to avoid contracting or spreading it buys some time. With time, more good things should be able to happen. More masks will be available to buy. They have more time to look for better treatment options and a vaccine. The people running things don't have the added stress of trying to figure out how to get people to stop making trouble. I can promise you that if you're pissing them off, it's not going to go well. Do we need this?
edit on 3-5-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I see a lot of people talking about there Home Depot adventures lol.

Being as I work there I see it all.

The one I work at has put out a policy that we should wear masks basically just because they don't want people complaining(and they don't want the media giving them bad press). They provide masks and gloves free of charge to us, but they aren't really forcing us to wear them.

I'd say it's about 60/40 on the customers. I see most of them wearing masks(usually something BS that would never actually work), but almost as many not wearing masks. Most people don't care, and when I have conversations with the customers a lot of them have exoressed thag the only reason they're wearing a mask is so they don't have to deal with someone bothering them about being a terrible person.

It follows that in those same conversations a lot of the customers also believe that the whole situation has been overblown, and most of the complaints are in regards to the economy.

It's actually quite entertaining to hear people's thoughts on the matter. You woukd easiky mistake them as consoiracy theorists. It's almost as if everyone has recently hopoed on the CT train. It's wild.

It is very easy to see who is on the doom train though. You can see it in their eyes, the way they act, and it's a wonder they're even at Home Depot in the first place.

I had a customer complaining about how we shoukd have never eased up on the restrictions, and how there are too many people out and about now. He went on to complain that there was no reason for people to be at Home Depot buying paint, and various other things to do remodeling stuff. He said this all as I was looking up some woodworking stuff for him.

So, I said well, you're out and about buying something that I don't think is very essential. Maybe you should stay home, and get this stuff delivered to your home. We can have all this stuff shipped directly to your door as soon as tomorrow.

He got quiet real quick lol

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoujikina

Hobos, bums, alcoholics, drug addicts, meth-heads.

Mentally ill people, psychopaths, animals, lawyers.

Glue-sniffing children in Manila traffic, starving people in third-world countries.

Homeless people.

Now, how many of these groups wear masks? Can everyone really be expected to wear a mask?

I think the luxuriously first-world people with their little first-world problems can or at least should immediately understand if some people don't, won't, or can't wear a mask.

There has been a shortage of those things for a long time, they might not be available everywhere. In certain countries, only a couple of hundred people have died SUPPOSEDLY - or at least reportedly ((but not necessarily)) - from the 'dreaded virus' .

How many people die of starvation every day? How many deaths have been falsely reported as being caused by the 'dreaded virus', when in fact, it should've been reported as died -with- it?

Why are governments so eager to go to overly drastic 'overreaching' measures to control people, even when it makes absolutely no sense?

When you think about these things, people should really think twice about the masks. Sure, 'better safe, than sorry' - but what about those that are weary of even existing, let alone having to do it in this kind of a world, and wouldn't MIND some virus setting them free after all these painful decades? Should they also get 'dirty looks' from the fearful?

What's with people trying to control each other, even in times, when fakery is going on that's clearly aimed to generate fear and grow the power and advance the agenda of the most powerful lunatics on the planet? Are people really still so blind and ignorant that they take everything they see on the idiot box without any grains of salt?

When I get off this wretched planet, I am probably going to think that these and these kind of people deserve everything they're getting. However, I will probably still pity the ignorant fools when they get forcibly microchipped. I just hope I won't be here anymore at that point.
Well thanks for letting us know you are not in a First World? However, I
am, but I can only order cheap stuff from China. Fortunately I had a box from when I did home health care, but that will run out soon.
So what now ? By the way, a lot of PPE were being sold to people in foreign countries so Americans didn’t have much available.

edit on 4-5-2020 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join