It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks in public - huge and rapid shift in the “New Norm”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So, in my area, things haven’t been a huge deal until about the last 2 or so weeks. The difference between the last trip I took to the grocery store and today was surreal!!!

People are openly judgmental and rude now if you’re not wearing a mask...I’ve talked to people that only wear them so they don’t get dirty looks and comments or gestures. They are feeling pressured to do something they don’t feel the need to do but, the “new norm” we keep hearing repeated over and over is starting to manifest.

I don’t know folks.... I’m a pretty positive thinking person for the most part and I’m going to to try to stay that way- it’s weird to experience a twilight zone situation in your own community though. I haven’t worn a mask yet and I have no plans to either.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It's a phase. Happened here. After about the 3rd week most people are tired of it and stop pretending it's for the best. Though they still comply. A very few will still be walking around in military combat style with with cartridges installed.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I’ve been wearing a mask for weeks. I’d say about 2/3 of the people in the grocery store I go to wear masks. The rest do not. I don’t judge though. It’s up to them. Nobody is saying (yet) that you have to wear one. I would never give someone a dirty look or shame someone for not wearing one. They are not easy to find. If you order online, you’ll be waiting 2-4 weeks. My parents are not online, and could not get one. I ordered a couple for them online and mailed them out to them.

+10 more 
posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It's a feel good thing with dangerous twist.

Most don't know any common sense steps to place or remove a mask.

If mask is contaminated on outer surface one cannot remove without first sanitizing hands and inserting finger between mask and face. Most I've seen grab mask on outside and rake down to neck never sanitizing anything in the process.

No big deal as long as no pathogen is present but huge if it is.

An all day wear makes for nice warm moist environment for pathogens and IMHO increase risks or cross contamination.

I will not be joining that tribe.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It's been mandatory here for 3 weeks at least. No shirt, no shoe, no mask, no service.
The shunning begins when it is first implemented and you don't have one. They feel justified in their disdain at that point. The psychology of it is odd to be sure.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well, at least, anyone who wears a mask will not have to suffer cigarette smoking and the consequences...right? Oh! and won't have the wind in their face, even if they don't want to know/or just don't know, what way the wind is blowing.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Masks in public - huge and rapid shift in the “New Norm”

Watch how easily the masks are tossed soon...

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Starting May 11th it becomes mandatory here to wear a mask in public. Individuals will not be fined or arrested for not wearing masks, however businesses who do not refuse services to those not wearing masks will be fined and penalized- which is bullcrap!

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Beginning today in Kentucky if you don't have a mask on
they can pull you over and fine you...
And I agree with you.....if you don't have a mask on
People treat you like a leper!
It does seem surreal.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Mask = Sheeple

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

They want to normalize the mask so ET's can blend in easier. Not sure what they will do about the three fingers issue though. Mandatory mittens maybe?

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
And some research for thought...cloth masks..3% effective...surgical masks..66% effective at virus blockage....

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Those of us who have had it(C-19) are being persecuted!

FREE MY PEOPLE!

+3 more 
posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Can I wear a mask and open carry without looking like a threat? Asking for a friend.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

You could if you were carrying an Antifa flag.

Otherwise you're obviously an extreme right wing threat.
edit on 2-5-2020 by BoscoMoney because: Cuz

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Can I wear a mask and open carry without looking like a threat? Asking for a friend.

If you are white, sure thing. Anyone else, no.
American freedom and all.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeFalling
It does seem surreal.

What are you talking about?
I live in Kentucky and that is NOT true.
Beginning May 11th masks are mandatory in public places, stores, etc.- not cars.
No fines or arrests for not wearing masks but businesses will be fined if they serve people not wearing masks.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeFalling
It does seem surreal.

Required to be worn in a car? Seriously lol
Can they even do that for not wearing a freaking seatbelt?

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I’m still trying to find a Nixon mask

via Imgflip Meme Generator

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The "wear a mask in public" went into effect yesterday (May 1st) here in Illinois. I bought one earlier in the week, but didn't wear it until today, when the 2 stores I went to wouldn't let me enter without wearing a mask. Thankfully it was in my car...so all I had to do was go get it.

Robbers and murderers will have a field day in Chicago. The monitoring cameras on every block and in most businesses are mostly useless now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join