It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanford study shows Covid-19 less deadly than flu

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It's better to have no antibodies than it is to have too few.

That doesn't make sense.

Explain.
edit on 18-4-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Humans with common sense don't need a "Study" to tell us what we can see with our own eyes all around us.

Sure, people in "hot spots" of disease (NYC) or crime ( Chicago) see the world differently, but they are not the majority of Americans.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Humans with common sense don't need a "Study" to tell us what we can see with our own eyes all around us.

Sure, people in "hot spots" of disease (NYC) or crime ( Chicago) see the world differently, but they are not the majority of Americans.

Some of those who claim to have "common sense" don't see #.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: carewemust

Some of those who claim to have "common sense" don't see #.

It's good to see you showing more discipline!

Keep hope alive..

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I was using the numbers given to us by the CDC and their trusted experts.

And it looks like I was right and there models were mathematically flawed based on the data they were using.
edit on 18-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It's better to have no antibodies than it is to have too few.

That doesn't make sense.

Explain.

In SARS, studies showed that having a plentiful amount of antibodies gave a person immunity. But having too few enhanced infection. The antibodies actually aided the invasion and replication of the virus making the infection more severe than in someone who had no antibodies.

It's called antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE). I spoke with my child's pediatrician about it when I had his ear, this week. He's predicting that we won't know if there is an enhancement effect with SARS-Cov-2 until the fall, likely.

Here's a SARS study on ADE and one on SARS vaccine development for more info:
Antibody-dependent SARS coronavirus infection is mediated by antibodies against spike proteins.

Evaluation of Antibody-Dependent Enhancement of SARS-CoV Infection in Rhesus Macaques Immunized with an Inactivated SARS-CoV Vaccine

It has been demonstrated that higher concentrations of anti-sera against SARS-CoV neutralized the SARS-CoV infection, while highly diluted anti-sera significantly increased the SARS-CoV infection and triggered ADE effects.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

You should do a little research on what’s being counted as a “Covid death”. It’s not exactly the cleanest methodology - globally - and is certainly biased towards inflating the numbers.

I agree with you, however wouldn't a methodology biased in the other direction be far worse.

It seems the only responsible thing to do is to inflate the numbers so you know for sure you aren't underestimating the problem.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
a reply to: UKTruth

I’ve posted in the last couple of weeks, a vast amount of factual data that backs up all I’ve said.... you however only spout opinions “with not a shred of actual evidence upon which YOU base it on”

Look up my posts

I actually did.
You've posted a bunch of articles with no evidence.
In other words, you are spreadng Chinese propaganda.
This entire thread is started with Chinese propaganda - an attempt to revise history and pretend the China Virus did not start in China.
No suprise that China funds Stanford University to the tune of tens of millions of dollars.

edit on 19/4/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

From your same link, the yearly seasonal flu causes up to "1,781 deaths per day due to the seasonal flu."

Why did we shut the economy down and put everybody under house arrest again?

edit on 19-4-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Do over 2,000 people a day die from the flu?
The CDC numbers for flu deaths is 27-65k a year.
The US is already at 37k dead from Covid-19 in just 4 weeks.

Where does that leave your linked analysis?

It seems so bad because everyone is getting it all at once because this is new. No one has immunity. Spread it out over a regular viral season with regular levels of immunity, and people would still like they are now, but we'd not notice at all.

For one thing, the press wouldn't put up regular body counts. For another, it wouldn't all be in a concentrated period of time. Those are the only reasons you notice and care.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

You should do a little research on what’s being counted as a “Covid death”. It’s not exactly the cleanest methodology - globally - and is certainly biased towards inflating the numbers.

I agree with you, however wouldn't a methodology biased in the other direction be far worse.

It seems the only responsible thing to do is to inflate the numbers so you know for sure you aren't underestimating the problem.

Not so much reasonable as necessary - so necessary the media has been playing up any report that suggests the death count is WORSE than stated. How many people have been on CNN saying “this isn’t nearly as bad as stated if you think nationally” and not be flat out lambasted for it? Basically none.

But if I come on TV and say “omfg this is crazy bad wear a mask never go outside and Lysol your face every 10 minutes” the media says “yeah that’s what’s happening and definitely Lysol your face or you’re going to DIE!” I’m suddenly Covid Woke and I get it. Crazy.

As an aside: I think this is how people get on “lists” of you will. It’s not people who protest (unless they threaten or turn violent), it’s not the dirty hippies downtown, it’s not the homeless people - it’s the critical thinkers. It’s people who can actually crack open a spreadsheet and let data paint the narrative. It’s people who can easily identify disconnects between what’s stated and what’s happening. Those people are dangerous because they’re hard to argue with - they don’t spread the hyperbolic nonsense.

This is why the Stanford folks have been getting almost zero play - and they’re in Pelosi’s back yard so to speak - yet nothing.

And that’s probably why I’d bet a number of us on here made it to a “list” - we see the lie for what it is.... that’s the problem. It’s not the protesters.

But, never in my life have I “protested” anything, but I’ve considered joining with our liberal/dem/repub/conservative/independent/libertarian fellow Americans in protest that our state governors are ruining millions of lives to help thousands of people. It’s gross and it will backfire on them assuredly.

edit on 19-4-2020 by EnigmaChaser because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sure. All of a sudden in February this disease changed from asymptomatic to deadly.
China, italy, Spain, suddenly it went from nothing to thousands dead starting in February. But you believe it was here for months and months but just hidden in the healthy?
So logical.

Nope. It was considered just another Flu death because no one was looking for it.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

China was lying and the WHO was helping them do it.

That's why everyone thought it was nothing. Then most of the early cases were nothing, and for most people it is mostly nothing except fever and a cough.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm pretty sure that I had it in Feb. I called my doctor and was told that I probably had the Flu, to treat the symptoms. If I got a high fever call him. The company that I work for had a group come back from China the end of Jan.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Do over 2,000 people a day die from the flu?
The CDC numbers for flu deaths is 27-65k a year.
The US is already at 37k dead from Covid-19 in just 4 weeks.

Where does that leave your linked analysis?

It means this thing is dramatically more infectious than presumed even by the fear-mongers on here.

It means that those who are at high risk need to take responsibility for their own lives and health/well-being, and stop listening to/relying on the fascists in the medical mafia.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Husband works for a global company. They had a group of VIPs from China in mid December. Illness started going around his company in late December. He brought it home, and we all had to through early to mid January.

The more we here about actual cases of COVID-19, the more we think we may have had it back then. If the Chinese VIPs didn't bring it over with them, there is plenty of contact between sites in various forms all the time. It could have come over.

But all our symptoms matched. The only way we'd ever know though is if someone antibody tested us, and since at the time, we never thought that could be it, we didn't do anything other than stay home while suffering symptoms, so started spreading it all over at that time.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
It means that those who are at high risk need to take responsibility for their own lives and health/well-being, and stop listening to/relying on the fascists in the medical mafia.

Bingo. I've lived with a severe allergy to certain things (some of them popular food items). It is MY responsibility to watch out for MYSELF. It is NOT for me to expect everybody around me to give up those items because of me.

If you are in an at risk group, it is your responsibility to look out for yourself. I'm not saying that I'm not going to respect that, hell if I know about it I'll help you to the extent of my ability. What I am not going to do is give up living my life because of you. I have friends who have had symptoms and have stayed totally isolated. I've made grocery runs for them so they didn't have to come out. Our small social club, even though we have been closed since Mar. 16th still makes and delivers meals for some of our elderly members.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Yes I’ve read that critique

Isn’t it funny the very people that told us we had to accept and not question the initial models saying millions would die that turned out to be garbage are now all of the sudden interested in questioning the data

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Would you rather scientific bodies not adjust their findings?

Who said you "had to accept and not question" the initial models? I hope you didn't listen to them.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The only way we'd ever know though is if someone antibody tested us, and since at the time, we never thought that could be it, we didn't do anything other than stay home while suffering symptoms, so started spreading it all over at that time.

Yet here is the dilemma...

I don't trust anything coming out of the government wrt anything health related, now, or ever - especially from the CDC (and fugghedabout the WHO), or any of these related fascist organizations intent on establishing draconian controls over everyone by forcing their toxic, unnecessary vaccines on us and providing some kind of 'reporting' mechanism (vaccine 'card')...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join