It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanford study shows Covid-19 less deadly than flu

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
On April 16, I made a thread HERE about a Danish study that found the Covid-19 mortality rate to be just 0.16%. A new, larger study has been conducted by Standford University that found similar numbers.

Researchers used 3,300 residents in Santa Clara County to conduct their tests

The tests found ... "a range between 48,000 and 81,000 people infected in Santa Clara County by early April, 50-85-fold more than the number of confirmed cases.”

Stanford’s study would lower the mortality rate to .14 percent or less, meaning 14 deaths or less per 10,000 people infected.
The Stanford study concludes that Covid-19’s mortality rate among infected people would be on par with, or even less, than the seasonal flu.

Source

Data just keeps coming out that we've shut everything down, disrupted lives and wrecked the economy because of a media-induced panic over a virus that is consistently showing to be less serious than the regular flu.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Do over 2,000 people a day die from the flu?
The CDC numbers for flu deaths is 27-65k a year.
The US is already at 37k dead from Covid-19 in just 4 weeks.

Where does that leave your linked analysis?

edit on 18/4/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

4 weeks? It's been here since atleast December but even the media is leaning more towards October. It's April now. That's a 5-7 month span.

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

What we are finding, as has been confirmed many times over by everything from national government organizations to governors to hospital workers, is that the majority of claimed Covid-19 deaths are just people who died WITH it rather than BECAUSE OF it. Making matters worse is the fact that sometimes there is financial incentive for hospitals to exaggerate the Covid-19 death numbers for funding.
edit on 4/18/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

What we are finding, as has been confirmed many times over by everything from national government organizations to governors to hospital workers, is that the majority of claimed Covid-19 deaths are just people who died WITH it rather than BECAUSE OF it. Making matters worse is the fact that sometimes there is financial incentive for hospitals to exaggerate the Covid-19 death numbers for funding.

Care to provide a link to such a claim?
Also how about you revisit this thread come next year...
And let’s see how those numbers landed shall we.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

4 weeks? It's been here since atleast December but even the media is leaning more towards October. It's April now. That's a 5-7 month span.

The death toll started 4 weeks ago.
www.worldometers.info...

Your analysis is bunk. You are suggesting that infections were raging in the US before they were in China.
Nonsense.
Deaths started 4 weeks ago, suggesting that the virus has been in the US for about 8 weeks.
I've seen a few completely unsubstantiated claims that millions and millions of Amercians have already had it. No actual evidence for that. If it were true we'd have seen a spike in deaths recorded as something else.

The actual numbersd we have would suggest that Covid is between 10-20 times mre deadly than the flu.

edit on 18/4/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

No, 'we're' not finding that at all.
Rampant speculation is not a finding.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

First case was in February in the U.S..

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It may be unsubstantiated because no one was looking for Covid19 a few months ago. How is there going to be evidence when there wasn’t any testing for Covid then?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

First tested case...

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
Care to provide a link to such a claim?

Italy's national health authority - 99% of those who died had other serious illness
Michigan medical experts and state representatives - even suicides being counted as Covid-19 deaths
Dr. Deborah Birx confirms all deaths WITH Covid-19 being counted as Covid-19 deaths regardless of cause
Happy? Or do you need more?

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
Also how about you revisit this thread come next year...
And let’s see how those numbers landed shall we.

Ok.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

It has not been here since November. It wasn't identified at all in China until November.
37,000 people in eight weeks not four but way deadlier than the flu.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: SRPrime

First case was in February in the U.S..

Not to nitpick -- because it's just a matter of days so not significant in the big picture -- but the first confirmed case was in January:

The first known case of COVID-19 in the U.S. was confirmed on January 20, 2020, in a 35-year-old who had returned from Wuhan, China, five days earlier.

2020 coronavirus pandemic in the United States

Like I said, not nitpicking, just clarifying.

+2 more 
link   

I've seen a few completely unsubstantiated claims that millions and millions of Amercians have already had it. No actual evidence for that. If it were true we'd have seen a spike in deaths recorded as something else.

The actual numbersd we have would suggest that Covid is between 10-20 times mre deadly than the flu.

This is completely incorrect. People are being tested and found having antibodies in their bodies, showing they either have or have had it already. The numbers are showing significantly more people are or have already been infected than have been tested for it, which makes total logical sense.
Many more people are or have been infected than have been tested, so the "official" infection numbers are far lower than the actual infection numbers, since they're only going by who has been tested positive. The death numbers are also being significantly inflated, even with Covid-19 being attributed as cause of death to suicides - as officials are openly admitting.
So, the infection is far more widespread, and the actual deaths are far lower.
It can't be any simpler.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

What we are finding,

We? Are you in the study group?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Stanford University and anybody else trying to downplay the virus crisis can kiss my a$$ and go to hell.

Yesterday I lost a coworker, he is dead because the virus. His working area was just few meters from me. Another one is fighting for his life too.

I never lost anybody due the flu in my life. I survived the flu many times and never took the flu shot. And I have asthma.
edit on 18-4-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

...the majority of claimed Covid-19 deaths are just people who died WITH it rather than BECAUSE OF it.

I haven't seen anything to suggest a "majority" of cases are misattributed to Covid. There are no doubt some cases, and perhaps many cases, but there is nothing to suggest (much less confirm) a ]i]majority are.

At a time when exaggeration and hyperbole are a big part of the problem, this isn't helpful... much less intellectually honest.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I see so many Americans posting here
all with the understanding that it's all BS and lies
(thanks to the BS president)
read these
www.news.com.au... b7ac8a7a59488494b104?fbclid=IwAR2AX_SJZ81o4umHx03TJdbjEocu4o_hkl6xbIXQPk3GK3EQEO9qN5_3o6E

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.scmp.com... nBfrjXnDqzebSJ8mpDN5OMfrfhrIbXEvD0

Try and understand them

See that, if you socially isolate, wash your F'king hands and do the right thing
you'll live and those around you will too

believe you're Orange Decrepit Orangutan Scrotum President
and you can easily say Bye to those you love

It's SICKENING to watch people arm themselves and protest to OPEN UP again
and to see that ENCOURAGED by the Despot ???? Mental..truly Mental

the WORLD is looking at AMERICA to LEAD the charge to fight this

and all we see is a petty narcissistic pied piper leading people to their death

flame away ignorant sheep flame away

FBJ

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: flashbackjack

See that, if you socially isolate, wash your F'king hands and do the right thing you'll live and those around you will too

Really? If I wash my f'king hands and do the "right" thing then I'll live forever? And so will those around me?

Woohoo!!! Not getting Covid grants us immortality!!!

Ignorant sheep indeed...
edit on 18-4-2020 by Boadicea because: punctuation

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join