It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanford study shows Covid-19 less deadly than flu

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You’ve been programmed to near perfection by the media, your government is proud.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

You’ve been programmed to near perfection by the media, your government is proud.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
How would you list someone who died from complications due to flu and COVID-19?
a reply to: MiddleInsite

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I thought that untill I seen the mass graves in new york .

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's possible the number of infected are much higher and they were asymptomatic. Large scale testing to determine who may have been infected could begin soon, and if it does, it will tell us more. Right now there are just a lot of unknowns. It's very possible it is more infectious, and less deadly than the seasonal flu.

Doesn;t really make any sense. If a large number of people had it and had no symptoms then why all of a sudden did people start dying and being hospitalised?

No one, or very few, in the US had this virus until a couple of months ago. That makes more sense looking at the numbers.

It is simple. It affects the weakest people.

The vast majority of the population can get it and show no symptoms, but there is a small portion who for some reason are affected more by it. Just like how regular flu can kill the elderly and other people who have severe co-morbidities.

We have several observable studies with cruise ships and now the US carrier where we can conclusive see that the majority who were infected were in fact asymptomatic. Some get a little sick like any other common cold. However, it does appear to really push over the edge anyone who is already severely unhealthy.

What these studies are showing us is the lock down is totally unnecessary as most people have probably already been exposed to some degree. What we should be doing is changing habits to protect those who are more at risk. For example, changing practices at nursing homes, etc. Encouraging more hand washing. Putting up glass shields (My local Target put up plexiglass for the registers).

Common sense things.... not blowing up the entire freaking global economy which will cause far more indirect deaths and mayhem.

I see, lol.
So months ago only people who could fight it off got it and the people dying now - well they didn;t get it. Quite a smart virus. It must have said to itself ... "i know' i'll only infect people who will recover so I can stay hidden for a while".
Yeah, right - oh so simple.

Covid is a killer far beyond the flu and has no vaccine.
The lockdown was (and is) imperative.
I do hvae concerns about the weasly little #s who take pleasure in enforcing the lockdown, but that is another matter.
edit on 18/4/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/4/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
I thought that untill I seen the mass graves in new york .

That is how and where they have been burring unclaimed bodies for a while. This is not something that just started. You should research before making a judgement.
edit on 18-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

No, I haven't looked for the 1200 yet I have the common sense to be self-reliant and prepared for things when they occur. You all keep saying the cure is worse than death. You all are so brilliant you should be able to give me an estimate of how many fewer people would have caught it if we all just put our heads in the ground and ignored it because it won't personally affect you at the cost of you encroaching on others who are more vulnerable rights. And I'm confident the stupid being bred by you will hurt my kids far more than teaching them to be self-reliant, thoughtful of others, respectful approach will.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

I am not interested in what the media have say.
I am less interested in conspiracy theorists with not a shred of actual evidence upon which to base their conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Months ago people who had COVID-19 and died would’ve been listed as heart attacks, cancer, and unknown complications. People who could fight it off would’ve just stayed home and fought it off, often commenting on it being the worst cold they ever had. Just giving you a scenario where that worked, I’m not saying the above is what I believe. But I sure don’t believe the official story one bit.a reply to: UKTruth

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Thinking back to our recent convo Blue(Leviathan thread).. What if Johns Hopkins is very much like Harvard?

Thatd be a helluva thing, right?

Many reports coming in worldwide about death rates more in the range of 0.1-0.5%

A big problem lies in the PCR tests too. More people should look into how & what those tests actually do, and of course, be aware of funky information.

There is an argument to be made for actually reporting deaths "from" the whole situation. However, when the results from that are directly correlated with increased funding.. Its something we need to keep an eye on. For very obvious reasons.

When we add in the whole "with" vs "from" aspect, alongside the actual tests, plus funding.. I think people need to take a deep breath and look into it.

Also, RdRPs (RNA dependent RNA polymerase) inhibitors seem the common thread between nearly all promising treatments.
edit on 18-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: Poop occurs

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
At the moment the figures I've seen suggest a mortality rate of 6% worldwide, with around 2 and a half million tested positive and 156 thousand deaths, obviously more people will be infected as not everyone has or can be tested at the moment,
so it would be fair to say the mortality rate is below 6% but to get a mortality rate below 1% over 20 million people worldwide would have to already be infected,
Is it possible that many are infected? Just not tested yet?

Source for numbers:
Worldwide numbers

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
By comparison the UK at the moment seems to have a mortality rate of over 13%

And so far the US mortality rate seems to be close to 2% with the majority of deaths in New York,
These numbers are all over the place, but the US has tested over 2 million. No where near the amount tested in the UK.
edit on 18-4-2020 by anonymous1legion because: Added US numbers

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I’ve posted in the last couple of weeks, a vast amount of factual data that backs up all I’ve said.... you however only spout opinions “with not a shred of actual evidence upon which YOU base it on”

Look up my posts

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis
Months ago people who had COVID-19 and died would’ve been listed as heart attacks, cancer, and unknown complications. People who could fight it off would’ve just stayed home and fought it off, often commenting on it being the worst cold they ever had. Just giving you a scenario where that worked, I’m not saying the above is what I believe. But I sure don’t believe the official story one bit.a reply to: UKTruth

Why cant it be both?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: flashbackjack

See that, if you socially isolate, wash your F'king hands and do the right thing you'll live and those around you will too

Really? If I wash my f'king hands and do the "right" thing then I'll live forever? And so will those around me?

Woohoo!!! Not getting Covid grants us immortality!!!

Ignorant sheep indeed...

Wow how are people starring this post? Obviously no one is saying washing your hands grants you immortality. That is worse than these people that see an article say ONE suicide was erroneously counted as a covid death and equate that to all deaths are bunk.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollslayer

Wow how are people starring this post?

Really? My post got lots of stars? How superduper coolamoondo!!!

Obviously no one is saying washing your hands grants you immortality.

In all fairness, I did use question marks...

That is worse than these people that see an article say ONE suicide was erroneously counted as a covid death and equate that to all deaths are bunk.

Yeah, pretty much just as bunk as those who think someone who died with Covid should be classified as someone who died of Covid... Or those tell me if I wash my f'king hands that I'll "live"... or telling me anything about believing "you're Orange Decrepit Orangutan Scrotum President" is flat out bunk...

Because not everyone who gets Covid dies... not everyone who gets Covid even has symptoms... and not everyone that gets Covid is ever tested... so the numbers are absolutely bunk. Nor are we doing a damn thing to stop the virus spread, but only to slow the virus spread. So even if I f'king wash my hands now, there's no guarantee that I haven't had it already and there's no guarantee that I won't get it later. In fact, it's pretty much a given that I will get it sooner or later, and so will you, and so will everyone.

So you see, I'm betting I got all those stars because it was an appropriate response to the flat out BUNK comment that I was responding to. Is that a problem for you? Nevermind. I don't really care.

I'm going to celebrate all my awesome possum stars! Woohoo!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Every time Trump pats himself on the back for saving so many lives I cringe because of the number of lives that he destroyed with the financial shutdown. Something needed to be done, but bringing our economy to a hault was a knee jerk reaction based on bad models.

Pretty sure it was the state governors who shut things down. The President is the one encouraging things to open sooner than the others in government would like.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Below is a breakdown of how much funding per COVID-19 case each state will receive from the first $30 billion in aid. Kaiser Health News used a state breakdown provided to the House Ways and Means Committee by HHS along with COVID-19 cases tabulated by The New York Times for its analysis.

Alabama $158,000 per COVID-19 case

Alaska $306,000 Arizona $23,000

Arkansas $285,000

California $145,000

New York $12,000

State by state breakdown of Federal funding given per covid 19 case

Thanks,
blend

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I came up with a number of .3% several weeks backs simply based on the numbers the MSN said they were using for their models. I don’t know who was putting together the models but they don’t appear to be very good at math.

But you just "come up with things" using your own data, sourced from where?

Look at the numbers, do the math.

If the new models based on random testing for those with antibodies are correct, Social Distancing did little to help where people live in large concentrations

The models prove social distancing works.

Every time Trump pats himself on the back for saving so many lives I cringe because of the number of lives that he destroyed with the financial shutdown.

He didn't shut anything down except travel, it was the states. But he will still pat himself on the back for what works, and blame others for what doesn't.
edit on 18-4-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's possible the number of infected are much higher and they were asymptomatic. Large scale testing to determine who may have been infected could begin soon, and if it does, it will tell us more. Right now there are just a lot of unknowns. It's very possible it is more infectious, and less deadly than the seasonal flu.

Doesn;t really make any sense. If a large number of people had it and had no symptoms then why all of a sudden did people start dying and being hospitalised?

No one, or very few, in the US had this virus until a couple of months ago. That makes more sense looking at the numbers.

It could be that we're seeing some second infections that are more severe due to antibody-dependent enhancement.

SARS-Cov carries an enhancement risk in people with some antibodies, but not enough to effectively neutralize the virus. It's better to have no antibodies than it is to have too few.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join