It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But our needs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

If it wasnt for q e and the ultimate creative powers of the banking system , life would be a lot different , much harder . You're lucky they like things reasonably stable.

That's how we get stuck with the too big to fail types. Even worse, they survive in a fashion to where they're one of the last ones standing... Eating up some of the others who actually did get culled.

Per the stable part... It's arguable we borrowed short term stability from our future. There does come times of reconciliation and reckoning, even for empires. We like every one else must atone for our actions.

I hope you're right.... But I doubt it.

Keep a cool head, stay home for now , because that's what people need to do.

No.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Do you want to post up a picture of the vulnerable people in my life as well ?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

Not Augy, but we probably all have vulnerable people in our lives.

The most important person in my life is vulnerable to this virus, which can be very serious for those who are susceptible.

But what we're doing now makes us all vulnerable. It's like they say on the airplane. In the event of an emergency, put your face mask on before assisting others. That's not selfishness, that's sensibility. You can't help people if you yourself are f*ed.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

a reply to: Boadicea
You're getting it all but upside down .
This has challenged your whole way of thinking.

No. I am facing reality. And my own mortality. The moment we were born, our death became a certainty. We don't know when, but we know it will happen. And probably not from this virus.

Believe me you do not want to contract SARS .

Yes, I do. As in most things, I prefer to live in harmony with nature, and let nature take its course. I would rather just deal with it and move on, rather than allowing fear to dictate the rest of my life. That's not living. Believe me. Been there and done that.

The vast majority of people who contract this virus will be just fine. It is only a small minority that will suffer severe complications, predominantly (but not exclusively) those who are overweight and/or with heart issues. I am not overweight and I do not have heart issues. My chances are looking pretty good.

You're putting forth me- ism in its proudest form .
You're saying everyone else's life chances should be secondary yours , like , everyone else's in the world.
I know you don't like the situation , nobody does , but it seems to getting to you in deep way. I mean these are words which put at prone to being sectioned , I'm sorry to say it .

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

No, just the veals that want the rest of us to be veals like you.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Our rights guarantee us the ability to see to our needs. One protects the other which is why we need our rights and have our rights.

For example, personal property rights are the right to your own house and home and food, shelter, clothing -- the things needs you provide for on your own and the right to not have those things taken from you because you have the right to provide.

By forcing us all to remain homebound and shuttering up the market, it makes it very, vary hard for people to exercise their rights to food, clothing, and shelter no matter how much you claim essential businesses are open. Heck, some places have now closed off clothing as non-essential. So much for clothing yourself, right? Oh, well, I guess if you want to take a crap shoot on buying clothing online ...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

As someone with asthma, I'm technically a vulnerable person, but there is a point where even I say this is ridiculous. I'm there.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not one who think the virus is a hoax or harmless.

But damn, we're going to do irreversible harm trying to address this... And worse of all, we're even failing at that.

It's not like we're leading the world in this. We're taking a massive blow, and for what? It kills me to see America keep on blowing our borrowed wealth out of fear.

It could have been possible for at risk people to stay at home whole those who are healthy keep the nation running.

Because reality is this isn't going away soon. Something is gonna have to give. And one day many of us will wake up and realize we could have just kept things rolling because we'll have to anyways with the fact the virus still exists.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Now they're fighting over when to open up again, even a little bit.

Trump wants to say he can do it, and the governors are all saying they can keep things locked down as tight as ever because it's *their* call, not his.

It looks like Texas may be one of the first places to start opening things up again. I hope they do. Someone has, and I think places like Missouri would follow along pretty quickly if Texas goes for it and no big overwhelming wave of doom hits. It'll be interesting to watch how the city handles it all. Half of it is in Kansas where Kelly is playing little Hitler and half of it is in Missouri.

If Parsons starts to relax restrictions in Missouri, how will the city go? Will Mayor Lucas stand in solidarity with the Kansas side of the metro or will he loosen things up ... and if he does on the KCK side, how quickly will the JoCo Kansas side start to pressure Kelly in Kansas over business lost?

In short, once some places start to churn again, others will start to pressure their own leaders to let them go so long as doom doesn't hit.

edit on 14-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Trump wants to say he can do it, and the governors are all saying they can keep things locked down as tight as ever because it's *their* call, not his.

One of the little talked about side effects is how many cities' have balance sheets that might not survive a restart.

With the loss of revenue from various sources... Its looking like some places are trying to buy time with lockdown to figure out how they're going to go back to full operation.

Municipalities and credit defaults are looming on the horizon.

Better we face this head on and fast before we have to deal with popped balloon we over inflated.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

You're putting forth me- ism in its proudest form . You're saying everyone else's life chances should be secondary yours , like , everyone else's in the world. I know you don't like the situation , nobody does , but it seems to getting to you in deep way.

I strongly suggest that you take a look in the mirror. I am saying nothing of the sort. And while you are not outright saying it, what you are advocating is doing EXACTLY THAT: Putting everyone else's life secondary to yours.

As many of us have pointed out many times, PEOPLE ARE BEING HARMED AND KILLED BY THESE SHUTDOWNS. You are putting people in harm's way for YOUR "life chances."

YOU are making it very clear that YOU will harm ME to protect yourself. YOU are making it clear that I cannot trust YOU.

I mean these are words which put at prone to being sectioned , I'm sorry to say it .

Wow. Because I am willing to face facts and REALITY and deal with the facts and reality, you are suggesting that I should be sectioned???

And this is why rights are EVERYTHING. Because you have absolutely no regard for my best interests and would in fact do me harm.

I asked before and I will ask again, where does this demand for ME to act in YOUR best interests end? If you need a kidney, do I have to give you one of mine? If you need a heart, do I have to give you mine?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

What's the matter .... you chicken ?

Bukaaaaa !

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

What's the matter .... you chicken ?

Bukaaaaa !

Huh? I'd still be traveling if there wasn't a mandated shutdown, so no.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

This is a good example of a reasonable argument boadicea ?

One that attacks the post , not the poster ?

It appears to be that a lot of you mericans have had this rights basis to seeing things conditioned into you , probably since birth.

I think if you lot 'd lived even much time at all without what you really need to live , you would not be giving it all this ' rights ' nonsense so much.
I've just gone and made it clear that the difference is , you're spoiled rotten in comparison to a lot of the rest of the world .
Honesty , constitution or not ( ever thought that was written to enslave you in confusion ? )
Rights are immaterial .
Needs are fundamental.
You can have necessary journeys necessary things , to fulfil needs ,
But as for temporarily in necessary you're saying , as if you'd been trained in it , but my rights ...
And , ever thought , you're living in a world of abuse off of rights based bullcrap. If you're constitution was based on needs , like the need to bear arms etc etc , you might live a bit more in a fairer and more reality based system .

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It's because you're saying you want to catch the disease my duck.

Please change.your mind about that or I'll worry

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Why do you feel that your rights must be respected during a pandemic ?

Because Rights must be respected, always, or they are not Rights.

It's more than a little self entitled to assert your rights in the current circumstances

No, it isn't. Just the opposite in fact. This is the same principle of 'I may disagree emphatically with what you are saying, but I'll fight to the death in defense of your Right to say it'.

You obviously don't understand the concept of Rights vs government privileges.

People have needs,

Yes, they do. And they are (or should be) free to engage in any lawful activity in pursuit of their fulfillment, with the only limitation being they are not (or should not be) allowed to violate anyone else's Rights.

and needs come before rights.

Ah, there is your problem. You are confused.

No, needs do not come before Rights. That is a meaningless statement, worthy of the Politboro in Russia or the CCP in China.

Maybe you should move?

We need , to have a lockdown

No... you want to have a lockdown, because you're afraid of your own shadow.

So stay the fook home if thats what you want.

Why do you feel it so important to drag everyone else into your own personal hell?

because people need , to stay healthy , and they need , to stay alive .

So do what you need to do to learn how to achieve true, genuine health. Start with the immune system - it is easy to boost it to the point you won't have to worry about this or most other bugs, even if you ignore the underlying things like proper diet and exercise.

They need , to go to work and play in a safe environment.

Not sure where you are, but here in the US, we have very safe environments, as long as you teach your children well.

They need , an uncontaminated world.

So become and activist and start fighting against world pollution...

After a quick perusal of the rest of your rant, I'll just in closing say...

If that was sarcasm, ya got me...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
originally posted by: neutronflux

People have a right to go provide for themselves."

Yep they also have a need to survive.

Yeah, and I need a billion dollars.

Seriously. I have huge plans, and I really need it.

Please give it to me. Or I'll demand that the entire world lock down until you do.

Seriously.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl
So,

If rights are not respected , what do they become ?

Serious question.

And.... You can't really call the new York subway , for example , a safe environment , at the moment

Not without a degree of lunacy anyway. Imagine if it wasn't locked down

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What a trainwreck.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

It's because you're saying you want to catch the disease my duck.

Please change.your mind about that or I'll worry

Let's keep this in perspective. It's not my highest aspiration in life to contract a virus -- not this one or any one.

But in the real world, I know that I will catch viruses, and I will most likely catch this virus (if I haven't already). Given that reality, I can either live in fear and constant exercises in futility trying to avoid my fate... or I can prepare and plan for that eventuality, and then do what I can and must to nurse, nurture and sustain my health and life. And when I recover, God willing, I can get back to the business of living.

Not cowering and hiding.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join