It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone on ATS have, or know someone who has the Wuhan Flu?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gojira54

Yes, and one has died.

One has it now and it seems mild.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
A guy in my project group will be tested on Monday. Fever, chills, constant headache, itchy lungs, and he even coughed up blood.

He is in the risk group as he has some underlying lung issues (not sure what). He's only in his mid 20's however.

I just read that a 14 year old girl is in intensive care here. No underlying illness.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Since there is no such thing as Wuhan flu the answer would always be no.

This is not the flu nor is it like the flu except that it is also a respiratory disease.

Do you want to know if anyone knows anyone who has covid19? Then ask that.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: Boadicea

Corona has been around for 60 years...

Technically, it's probably been around even longer than that. We just identified it and slapped a name on it 60 years ago.

...how many times you had it before you even knew what it was?

I have absolutely no idea and no way of knowing. Not only have I not kept a running tally of the number of colds I've caught, I haven't run to the doctor for every sneeze and sniffle.

And it doesn't matter. In theory, at least, every time was a different (mutated?) strain. And CoV-19 is one more. In fact, one more that I contracted before I knew what it was. When we got sick, CoV-19 was just beginning to make the news... I didn't even see the symptoms until after we'd gotten over it.

Think about that.

Okay. I've thought about it and it is what it is. What's my takeaway supposed to be?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
4 people in the main building of the campus have tested positive. 2 of them I spoke to days before they were tested and advised leaving the property immediately and went as far as informing the property manager that they were sick. We have a lot of 60+ people across this entire property and it’s not worth the risk. 2 different companies/suites, 4 people total. We requested to be advised of any positive diagnosis so we can have our cleaning company deep clean the suites immediately. They don’t need to tell us the name, just that they had a positive case.

Back in January, my wife and I went to Nashville for a weekend. The day we came home she became VERY ill with every symptom of C19, however, it was when the first reports were first popping up in China and we were about a month away before the first positive case in the US. I was reading that patient zero thread and going by that timeline, of patient zero starting back in Oct and many flu cases went undiagnosed because no one in the US was testing for corona yet, it seems EXTREMELY likely that she had it. I have only been sick several times in my life, so there’s a chance I had it but was asymptomatic.

Supposedly the UK will have a corona antibody test available via Amazon in the coming weeks, I’m very much looking forward to getting my hands on one to find out if I’m already immune or not. Really, the quicker the US can get our hands on those tests, we’ll be that much quicker to send people back to work. Just taking chances now, or sending the elderly out to pasture is one of the most ignorant, careless, inhumane suggestions I’ve come across in my life.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Not personally but I work in a hospital here in northern ireland and things are starting to escalate pretty quickly. Very sick patients with breathing difficulties and deaths starting to rise.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

About 10 years ago I had MRSA from an Afghanistan combat wound. Took months of drugs on a pic line but I finally beat it. Doctor said I was damn lucky. I was on the last drug they had. That to me was worse than this virus. It was an extreme battle. Most would have died.

MRSA is some nasty stuff. It's the only thing I ever saw medical staff freaked out by. Used to work for Medical Examiner. My immune system has been exposed to a lot of buggers.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gojira54

My Uncle died from c-19.

He was the first Alaskan to pass away from it.

The local reports
www.kfsk.org...

www.petersburgpilot.com...

Then Anchorage:
www.adn.com...< br />
My cousin caught it while visiting his dad so they are self quarantining at this time.

I loved my uncle, he was a true Alaskan.
Last year he gave me all of his fishing equipment.

edit on 27-3-2020 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Personally know 1 person(probable), and through friends, 3 others, one not expected to make it.

I do know, at least 8 emerg docs from 2 different hospitals have it now..this is were it gets scary.
edit on 27-3-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71
Sorry for your loss

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gojira54
Personally I doubt it's the threat the MSM is making it out to be.

Just out of curiousity...do you need any more convincing?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

This virus is going to touch a lot of people before it is gone.

I feel more sorry for the nurses and doctors,first responders, and police, than I do for everyone else at the moment.
The sadness I feel is most likely multiplied 10x with them, and a lot of fear in that mix.

All we can do is watch, distance ourselves from others and be grateful that we are not in the health and law enforcement careers.

Stay safe people!

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
They truly are the hero's in all of this, every night at 7pm, people are banging pots and making noise in recognition of people on the front line.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This thread again?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

A strange illness went through this community in January too. All the symptoms of covid including one night where I had to sleep semi sitting up because I felt I was not getting enough air laying down.
It went through the house like a wildfire.
I have never had the flu and none of my sisters nor my brother and none of my children have ever had it and this got everyone in my house and any visitors.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Since there is no such thing as Wuhan flu the answer would always be no.

This is not the flu nor is it like the flu except that it is also a respiratory disease.

Do you want to know if anyone knows anyone who has covid19? Then ask that.

Chinese Kung Flu. I was calling it that but will revert to Wuhan Flu just because I can.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Damn, I’m sorry!

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

That sounds a lot like "You're not my real Dad!"

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I know plenty of people who are sick, but no one is allowed to be tested.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
My sister in NYC was briefly in hospital with the virus. They've sent her home with antibiotics??? I don't see how that will help much.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join