It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone on ATS have, or know someone who has the Wuhan Flu?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I too have asked that question to all my relatives and friends with whom I have contact. Either over the internet, phone or face to face, and none have been able to tell me of someone the have actually seen or know. Certainly someone is getting ill, it's all over the news, even country leaders that succumb to it. But no one personally.

a reply to: Gojira54

Just because it's "all over the news" does not mean it's a real thing.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: GrandSchemeOfThings

Holy F dude. Refrigerator trucks for bodies, make shift morgues, building temp hospitals.

Silly thought but if you don't watch or read the real news you walk around clueless muttering things like...msm...

So you've seen the refrigerator trucks? You've been to the morgues?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DeusInAbsentia

...it was not something I've experienced before...

My husband said the same thing. He said, "I've had head colds before, and chest colds, but nothing like this..." He missed a couple days of work he was so sick, and he never misses work!

Did you develop the red eye(s)?

Red eyes may be telltale symptom of coronavirus: nurse

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

One of my employees' mother passed away due to COVID pneumonia complications. Aged 60-70, sorry don't know any info about preexisting conditions.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gojira54

True. It's only the 'Real Thing' if it comes out of Trump's mouth.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

True. It's only the 'Real Thing' if it comes out of Trump's mouth.

If you say so... But I do hope you realize that people like YOU are why Trump won, and will win again in November.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

There is still just the one reported case in my area. Live in a small town of 49k people though. But only one in the whole county so far.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I hope he's feeling well now.

No red eyes; there were hardly any onset symptoms in fact. An ever so slightly sore throat on Saturday night, which by Sunday morning had become this full blown trifecta of fever, ache and respiratory issues. Not sure if your husband had it similar, but it sounds as though it manifests differently person to person.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
the utterly assanine " logic " of this thread is mindblowingly retarded - even by ATS standards .

so you think its fake - because no one you know is infected // dead ???

FFS

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeusInAbsentia

I hope he's feeling well now.

He's doing much better now, but still complains of a little itch/irritation in his right eye and sinus.

No red eyes; there were hardly any onset symptoms in fact. An ever so slightly sore throat on Saturday night, which by Sunday morning had become this full blown trifecta of fever, ache and respiratory issues. Not sure if your husband had it similar, but it sounds as though it manifests differently person to person.

Very similar, but yes, a little different. He started with the sore throat and dry cough. He never ran a fever, but after a couple days became very sore and deep breaths were difficult. His right eye and sinus began bothering him, and that's when I noticed the redness around his eye. That's when he took the couple days off, and was mostly sleeping, no real appetite.

I got off lucky. I got the scratchy throat and dry cough, but I never really felt sick.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
the utterly assanine " logic " of this thread is mindblowingly retarded - even by ATS standards .

FFS

It's not only that I don't personally know of anyone who has it. It's the fact that the left wing media (I know, I'm being redundant) has been known to deceive people in the past, and the fact that, like the flu, this Chinese virus is only dangerous to people with other conditions.

Not to mention the fact that in some areas, one county can have hundreds of cases while it's neighboring counties have 1 or fewer cases. This is NOT a reason to shut down the entire country. To me, this reeks of dirty politics.

And... this IS a conspiracy site, in case you've forgotten.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Nobody I know has it, either. Edit: My dad's outside the Detroit hotspot and knows no one who has or has had it, not even Asians (married to a woman from China, they're established in the community well) A few suspect they MAY have already had it and gotten over it fine months ago, though, including us.

The more my husband and I consider it, the more likely it is his factory was down for the count courtesy of Kung Flu in January, and maybe part of February. When two thirds of the employees are out sick at any given time, it's probably not the flu anymore. Nobody died, and as far as he knows, nobody bugged their doctor about it. It wasn't hard to ride out, just very unpleasant & drawn out, he was out of work for two weeks straight and felt like crap the whole time. When what we suspected was the flu ripped through in early February, it was just like that for me & the kids -- drawn out & unpleasant, but plenty survivable with time & proper rest & hydration (and fever mitigation) I logged a LOT of sleep hours, and so did they. Fevers lasted a couple days before breaking, coughing wasn't particularly productive, but that's what expectorant is for (it works well enough) If it was the flu, it was pretty much the only one I've ever contracted, don't do the shots. If it was Kung Flu, it wasn't nice, but not bad enough to freak out over even in hindsight.

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

FFS

Nobody's saying that, but "not as widespread as claimed" is a strong contender.
edit on 3/27/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I was talking to someone I know monday and his friend has it here, the only case in Marquette county for sure I believe. He is not supposed to go out of his house for two weeks, he went in because the cold kept hanging on for so long. He is in his thirties. He had traveled abroad and went through New York airport both times. He was fine as of monday evening, I haven't heard anything since.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Brilliant. My wife refuses to let me go golfing cuz I might catch it and bring it home. The virus that is.

This is such a cruel cruel world we live in.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Is that the Golfing virus or Covid-19 virus??

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

...and the fact that, like the flu, this Chinese virus is only dangerous to people with other conditions.

It is not only dangerous to people with other conditions; so no, that is not a "fact." Exactly the opposite.

Have you considered that you might know plenty of people who have gotten it before we knew to look for it, and their illness was diagnosed as a simple cold or flu?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

How many health professionals would it take to make this real, it's probably the micro biologists you'd need to worry about.

Bad colds and flus been given a new name and fed with fear..... Psychological warfare.

Time to fight back.
edit on 27-3-2020 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Corona has been around for 60 years, how many times you had it before you even knew what it was?

Think about that.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

Corona has been around for 60 years, how many times you had it before you even knew what it was?

Think about that.

How many types of Corona-virus are there? how many are as potentially life threatening as C19?
Maybe you should think about that?

CDC

Sometimes coronaviruses that infect animals can evolve and make people sick and become a new human coronavirus. Three recent examples of this are 2019-nCoV, SARS-CoV, and MERS-CoV.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Does anyone here have, or know anyone who has, the Wuhan Flu? Personally I doubt it's the threat the MSM is making it out to be.

A friend's sister was a nurse in NYC. She just died of Covid-19.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
know personally no, as of this moment I dont know anyone.

At work people I came into contact with on base yes we have a couple under quarantine on base one of whom I came into direct contact with, thankfully I am coming up on 20 days with no symptoms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join