It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

Back then there was no such thing and it was about an 8 mile drive.

edit on 3/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

Can someone post some of models here.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'm a new ATS member, just found out about this website through reddit. I just want you all to know, I highly appreciate all the information all of you are posting - James, Florida US.
edit on 17-3-2020 by SirSparky because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2020 by SirSparky because: Mistaken placed a word where it shouldn't have been.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka
I didn't hear that. I distanced myself from the news these past two or three days. Admittedly I'm not much for social gatherings or public outings, other than walks around town. (I'm in Forest Grove.) In the best of times I don't get out much; self-isolation is my status quo. I'd say it is a little quiet though...less-than-typical auto traffic.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Finished work at 6am, popped into the local supermarket for some bread and nappies.
It was busy for the time of day, hardly anything on the shelves, and to top it off the woman behind the counter scanning my shopping was telling me her other half is off work self isolating yet she feels fine and is still at work!!!!
This is why Boris needs to lock the UK down, too many people can't follow simple guidelines which state if anyone in your household has symptoms you should all self isolate.
She could be potentially infecting all her co workers and also everyone doing a spot of morning shopping!!
They had plenty of toilet roll and everyone had the limit of 2 per person in their trolley, was quite funny as they were looking at me like i was a crazy person for having no toilet roll.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

If you really want to freak them out, buy prunes.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Haha why would that freak them out? And I don't think I like prunes anyway.

originally posted by: Phage

If you really want to freak them out, buy prunes.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Well, it's complicated.

But start with the idea that prunes are an effective laxative.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
That's probably why I don't like them 😂

originally posted by: Phage

Well, it's complicated.

But start with the idea that prunes are an effective laxative.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I got a flu shot back in October. I started getting them 4 years ago. The past 3 years I didn't get sick. I got the flu in January it was just a mild case. I just got the flu again a week ago.

I called my doctor I didn't want to just go to the hospital. My doctor said just hang in there and if it gets worse call him back.

It hasn't gotten worse but it's been lingering forever.

I'm still a believer in the flu shot. Prior to getting them I got sick every year. I got sick twice this year but both were mild compared to before I started getting the shot.

The doctor said it was a bad year for the flu.

I freaked out when I got sick this time. I thought I was gonna be the first person in my state diagnosed with CV.

I was at the grocery store and started coughing but I covered my mouth with my elbow. People ran from me like I had the plague.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I was at the grocery store and started coughing but I covered my mouth with my elbow. People ran from me like I had the plague.

Yeah. I think that's universal. Not really a bad thing though.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: FamCore

I would be interested in this as well, I'm about a year out from this material. Only thing I know is its following normal RNA based viral mutation rates from a virus of animal origin and a result from a natural crossover to human host event.

How does its mutation rate compare to that of influenza?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

Did it seem funny to you when everyone ran or was it alarming? I think I'd fluctuate between the two perspectives. Like, it was so bad AND alarming to get that reaction, it actually slipped into black humor.

edit on 17-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   
According to sources , The state of Florida, inside the United States has declared state of emergency. All schools have been closed, all business must close by 10pm, Drive-thru ONLY. There are now curfews in select areas such as Miami. I've heard as well soon the road that leads from St Pete. to Tampa bay, will be closed. That will prevent MANY, and I mean MANY from going to work. " 160 cases / 5 confirmed dead in florida " and yet people still " flock " to the beaches because it's spring break.

www.palmbeachpost.com...

www.abcactionnews.com...

www.fox13news.com...

www.winknews.com...

Apologies If I didn't follow guidelines, VERY new to this website, and am just trying to contribute. Stay safe out there

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: carewemust
GOOD NEWS: The first (potential) Vaccine is being administered in Seattle today!

mynorthwest.com...

It's foolish.
We now have people in Korea taking the Malaria drug ( yes, very effective)
We now have people in Japan using the asthma drug (yes, very effective )

I just can't believe this is not on American TV.

What two drugs are those? Sorry I missed it previously.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: clay2 baraka
I didn't hear that. I distanced myself from the news these past two or three days. Admittedly I'm not much for social gatherings or public outings, other than walks around town. (I'm in Forest Grove.) In the best of times I don't get out much; self-isolation is my status quo. I'd say it is a little quiet though...less-than-typical auto traffic.

My co-workers a few weeks were calling covid19 an overblown flu.. today, one got coughed on by a little kid and freaked out.. another told me about the local albeit, partial lockdown (that doesn't work).. Apparently now EVERYONE is taking this seriously...

This probably has to do with normalcy bias.. but it's weird to have people tease you a week ago, suddenly to find them really upset about the situation..

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

GOOD NEWS: The first (potential) Vaccine is being administered in Seattle today!

mynorthwest.com...

It's foolish.

Anti-inflammatories?

Some, such as ibuprofin can suppress the immune system, causing the virus to spread. I have also read about anti-inflammatories such as curciremin (turmeric), surpressing the cytokine storm response, making viruses such as this one, survivable..

I am really curious, is there anyone with biomedical expertise that can provide their thoughts on this?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

mynorthwest.com...

It's foolish.

Anti-inflammatories?

Some, such as ibuprofin can suppress the immune system, causing the virus to spread. I have also read about anti-inflammatories such as curciremin (turmeric), surpressing the cytokine storm response, making viruses such as this one, survivable..

I am really curious, is there anyone with biomedical expertise that can provide their thoughts on this?

He mentions asthma and malaria drugs. Are anti-inflammatories used against those conditions? (Sorry for my ignorance.)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

mynorthwest.com...

It's foolish.

Anti-inflammatories?

He mentions asthma and malaria drugs. Are anti-inflammatories used against those conditions? (Sorry for my ignorance.)

Nope, you nailed it.. Was just giving the benefit of the doubt to the poster.. yoinks...
edit on 3/17/2020 by clay2 baraka because: jinkies

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   

mynorthwest.com...

It's foolish.

The anti-malaria drug is Chloroquine, an analog of quinine. It is administered with zinc. The explanation that I read is that the Chloroquine allows zinc to better pass through your cell membranes, where it interferes with the viruses ability to replicate.
I do not know what asthma medication is being referenced.

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join