It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
All walmart stores and neighborhood markets are adjusting their hours

twitter.com...

looks like walmart is gonna be a little crazier

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
From Guardian Live Feed at 1.37am :

Chief Economic Adviser for Allianz has written a piece for Bloomberg about the "Huge Paradigm Shift For Economies" to come.

twitter.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

Off to bed, See you all tomorrow.
edit on 14-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: texasgirl
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Interesting. My friend in Ohio says Kroger has shortened their hours to 7am-9pm. No holiday hours in her area of Cincinnati.

I just heard that a local grocery chain near me in PA will shorten their hours from 24 hours to 6am-midnight.

Stopping by my grocery today here in NO, they were closing at 9 as well, said they were out of most stock....
tet

Local grocer chain here (Harris Teeter) had the PR snafu of all snafus - today they announce that "all stores will be closing at 9PM 3/15 until further notice". Panic. What they MEANT to say (and later did) was that they would be closing at 9 each night instead of 10PM, or 24 hours, so that they can restock.
Someone likely got canned for that one.

All schools in NC closed until March 30.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Oh boy, this is working out. This is O’Hara, customs...

Thank you for yr patience. Customs processing is taking longer than usual inside the Federal Inspection Services (FIS) facility bc of enhanced #COVID19 screening for passengers coming from Europe. We’ve strongly encouraged our federal partners to increase staffing to meet demand.

What part of asymptomatic do we not understand.. No masks. No spacing just stacked up like sardines. 🤦‍♂️ I think our species as a whole, is truly just evolved enough for a certain limited population, when Darwinian science is applied. Just flabbergasted.. Also notice the HVAC vents returns and supply vents circulating the air, I am sure there is no UV PURIFICATION in those hvac duct circuits.

TWITTER
edit on 14-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Coronavirus Screening Test Developed at Johns Hopkins

Johns Hopkins clinical microbiologists Karen Carroll, M.D., and Heba Mostafa, M.B.B.Ch., Ph.D., have developed an in-house coronavirus screening test that may soon allow the health system to test as many as 1,000 people per day.

This is important so people can learn quickly if they have COVID-19 and so doctors can test people with whom those patients came in contact.

“We will be able to diagnose more cases. This will allow the control of exposure,” says Mostafa, assistant professor of pathology and director of the molecular virology laboratory at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Johns Hopkins used the test, which analyzes a nasal or oral swab, for the first time on March 11, and about 85 tests were performed in the first three days.

Capacity is expected to ramp up quickly, reaching 180 people per day next week and 500 the week after that, says Mostafa. There could be 1,000 tests per day by early April, Mostafa says.

The test returns results in about 24 hours, and the doctors say they hope to shorten that time to as little as three hours.

ETA:

Which begs the question: Why is the US so far behind???
edit on 14-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I saw that too. Ft Lauderdale is not much different.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I just looked back on a couple of posts I made in a thread back on Feb 22nd regarding the CDC etc...
It's all panning out here in the UK exactly how I thought... And that is not a good thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
In financial news reports of runs on the banks. Withdrawals up to 50k says witnesses.

As the stock market was having its worst day in 30 years on Thursday, customers at a Bank of America branch in Midtown Manhattan, the financial heart of New York, were lining up to take cash out of their accounts — sometimes tens of thousands of dollars at a time. So many people sought huge sums that the bank branch, at 52nd Street and Park Avenue, temporarily ran out of $100 bills to fulfill large withdrawals, according to three people familiar with the branch’s operations. The shortage hit after a rash of requests for as much as $50,000, said two people who witnessed the rush.

In NEW YORK

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
156,000 cases with 74,000 recovered from that number, I appreciate the limitations governments are enacting to stop the spread. But honestly you have a higher chance to die in a road crash than this, 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year. If you have a robust immunity you have nothing to worry about, even if you do catch it.
People with other health issues should be worried, like HIV infected or other bronchial infections, if this gets added on top of those conditions then it is a real problem.

edit on 14-3-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I thought you had to "jump through hoops" to get more than 5,000 or so out at a time?

The panic has struck here in small town.
No TP, no paper product of any kind here in town, or the towns around us.

But interestingly, We went out to a vape shop, and another, now legal in MI store today.
Not one person, employee or other, had gloves on, or was using disinfectant wipes, while EVERYONE was touching, EVERYTHING.

Including me and the hubby.
And the customer traffic was very heavy.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Dunno, it’s on drudge, I thought so too, maybe a cashier check or money order.

I worked a few hours in my town I noticed the vfw parking lot pretty full, moderate traffic, live in a snow bird state, allot of the Canadians are leaving early, beaches are packed spring break is going on as planned 🤷‍♂️. If this continues to progress the way that it has next weekend we may be living in another reality. Actually last weekend we were in another reality I reckon.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
156,000 cases with 74,000 recovered from that number, I appreciate the limitations governments are enacting to stop the spread. But honestly you have a higher chance to die in a road crash than this, 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year. If you have a robust immunity you have nothing to worry about, even if you do catch it.
People with other health issues should be worried, like HIV infected or other bronchial infections, if this gets added on top of those conditions then it is a real problem.

We have 3 months of data to go on, how can you compare that to years of data and get any real numbers...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
In financial news reports of runs on the banks. Withdrawals up to 50k says witnesses.

As the stock market was having its worst day in 30 years on Thursday, customers at a Bank of America branch in Midtown Manhattan, the financial heart of New York, were lining up to take cash out of their accounts — sometimes tens of thousands of dollars at a time. So many people sought huge sums that the bank branch, at 52nd Street and Park Avenue, temporarily ran out of $100 bills to fulfill large withdrawals, according to three people familiar with the branch’s operations. The shortage hit after a rash of requests for as much as $50,000, said two people who witnessed the rush.

In NEW YORK

SOURCE

Other than the cash being stolen what are these people going to do with the money, using it as toilet paper or something ...loonies.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Dunno 🤷‍♂️I am Just scribing chronicles of history we can go back on at a later date, to study the data and compare it with that time. Been going back on my posts in here recently and others, it’s interesting to see how in the begining of the threads we were doomers, now the dendrites have settled in the minds of most acceptance has occurred, for most and as predicted the panic at the stores ensued.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
1100 here in Norway now. 3 dead from the virus. Malls as restricting their opening hours to 6 pm instead of 9 pm. The gouvernment is forbidding people to even partying and gathering in small groups. Weddings and such are being cancelled. The military is stationed at some places. People who have driven to their cabins will be chased back home because they went even tho they werent allowed to go. We are only allowed to go on buses in the back, the front is tapered off. A lot of work places are closed, restaurants are closing down. People are hoarding food and toilet paper here as well. We are closing off borders and military at the airport are checking every foreign traveller.

Apparently we are only testing people with severe symptoms... it is a bit embarassing to be norwegian right now. Our gouvernment always act slow and don't take things serious right away, until it is too late

edit on 14-3-2020 by Mochi because: Added info

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
My mother just got this email from the president of Nokia. For what it's worth..

S: Update on COVID-19 (for NAM Employees only)
This message is for US and Canada employees only: The COVID-19 coronavirus situation continues to develop rapidly. Therefore, effective March 16, we are asking our employees and contractors to work from home. Employees and contractors where on-site presence is needed to ensure continuity of operation or to meet customer requirements should speak to their managers to determine how to limit the amount of time spent at the office.

The Crisis Management Team will evaluate the situation and provide an update on or before March 20.

For further information check your email or follow the link below. link left out for personal reasons.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Probably for bartering. I know when we have tornado out breaks in my state the power is out and ice is worth more than gold. No power, no electronic payments. It’s always smart to have some cash on hand. 100’s tho? No idea why you’d want to be stacked with hundreds. In a barter situation I’d rather have 5’s.

Plus a lot of establishments won’t take 100 dollar bills. Too risky for them and it wipes out the smaller bills for change.

If you are going to run the banks get 5’s and 10’s.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Personally I don't think schools will re-open in March.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

Dunno 🤷‍♂️I am Just scribing chronicles of history we can go back on at a later date, to study the data and compare it with that time. Been going back on my posts in here recently and others, it’s interesting to see how in the begining of the threads we were doomers, now the dendrites have settled in the minds of most acceptance has occurred, for most and as predicted the panic at the stores ensued.

This is where ats is outstanding, ahead of the curve is a good place to be...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

If this goes pair shaped I'm not selling my food and water, paper money would be good for firestarting, too dirty even to wipe my butt with.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join