It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO Here On ATS Actually Has Coronavirus?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I survived the SARS, MERS, Swine Flu outbreaks without even meeting anybody who was confirmed to have had them.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: carewemust

....Illegal aliens kill more Americans every week.

And Americans kill a damn sight more Americans every week.
Your point is?

On topic;
I've only had 'real' flu once in my life and it kicked the crap out of me. Never felt so ill in all my life.
Most people think a bad cold is flu, it's nothing like it.

Is it possible for us ordinary people to differentiate between 'normal' flu and this coronavirus mutation?

More children die due to accidents caused by other children each week. In an average week more children are accidentally killed by another child than cops are killed in the line of duty.

Does this mean that children are a threat that should be eliminated?

Right now, this disease has a low morbidity rate. For under 50s it's something like 0.5%.

That means that we shouldn't run around like the sky is falling. The biggest impact of this disease as far as most people will be concerned will be economic.

It also means that we should take basic precautions like not licking each other, and washing our hands regularly.

I'm personally treating this as I would a bad outbreak of winter flu, and most people should do the same.

So let's not spread panic and fear, or misinformation, or try to make this political.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I did notice after I got a bit sick about 3 or so weeks ago and was mostly better by the weekend, several people whom I was within 6 to 10 feet of seemed to have colds the following week. My mother seemed to catch an extra bug from the sick people at her lunch table. Since 3 weeks ago no one said we had much to worry about, I thought it was just a cold. Makes me wonder. I caught my cold from shaking hands with a stranger at church in the Charlotte area. I never thought that was a very good church custom.

It would be nice to know if my mother was negative or not. If she is positive for the virus and I don't have it after being around her for over an hour over 2 separate occasions, then I might have already had it. I don't know. People fear the unknown. Free testing would reassure a lot of people. If the virus was relatively mild like my cold, people wouldn't fear it as much. Then again some people think it is just like a cold people are going crazy about whether true or not. It's not just a cold if someone you know dies.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Psalm 91:

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I trust him.
For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from deadly disease.
He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
nor the arrow that flies in the day.
Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,

nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
Though a thousand fall at your side,
though ten thousand are dying around you,
these evils will not touch you.
Just open your eyes,
and see how the wicked are punished.

If you make the Lord your refuge,
if you make the Most High your shelter,
no evil will conquer you;
no plague will come near your home.
For he will order his angels
to protect you wherever you go.
They will hold you up with their hands
so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.
You will trample upon lions and cobras;
you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!
The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them.
I will reward them with a long life
and give them my salvation.”

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Thank you for this.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I had the 'flu 2 years ago

Since then I haven't met or heard of anyone else even getting that! I do know someone who had a slight cold though.

And chances are if I ever got covid-19 I'd be oblivious to it and never know I had it. As is likely the case with most people.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Not yet but six people have tested positive for it in my town in the last 24 hours and schools are closed. Starting with some form of fever at the moment, was fine during the day/evening but started full blown tripping out and shivering at 8pm - must have sweated out two or three pints last night and didn't get any sleep - more likely to be flu/a stomach bug though.

Just started new anti-epileptic drugs which destroy the immune system and had three Drs appointments/blood tests this week to keep an eye on white bloodcell count and liver failure and one my carers is off work with Corona so highly elevated chance I've been exposed to it or the other infections doing the rounds.
edit on 7-3-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
So, to summise, no one here has Covid-19.

I don't have it either.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

I have family in Traverse City. Beautiful town in Michigan.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Ive coughed all night and couldn't sleep. Im going to the doctor this morning. I. Sure its just a sinus infection.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I was just reading an article where this doctor said what I've been thinking all along: the numbers they have: that 2 to 3% is the death rate, are based on all the known cases they've tested. But he said there are obviously and likely FAR more cases out there than anyone realizes, which makes the death rate likely lower. He also said COVID has probably been in most countries for weeks longer than anyone realizes. This makes 100% sense to me. Did anyone have the flu or cold in December or January? Could have been covid. You'd never know unless you were tested.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hey ATS, I haven't posted in years but I've been lurking the boards. (Seems like it's gotten all political, so I just keep to myself quietly).

So I am in Irvine CA, where one of the first confirmed cases in the US was.

Everyone's been coughing for weeks everywhere I go. Could be regular cold/flu, who knows.

Everyone in my household (niece, brother and his partner, both my parents) have all gotten this 3-week ongoing never ending cough tight/chest. Started with a mild fever and fatigue, then a week or two of non-stop nose-blowing and coughing.

Feels like my brother and I are getting better, but we're all still coughing (with 6 ppl coughing in 1 house, it's just nonstop you hear it all day...)

So it's tolerable. Worrisome and annoying but tolerable. Both my parents (in their 70s) have gotten another recent fever, I'm keeping an eye on them.

Don't know if this is corona or some flu/cold, but we're being careful, taking our vitamins, I eat kiwi and honey and exercise, we open the windows to let the air flow.

I'm only really concerned for my mother because she is on some powerful chemo meds, so her white blood cell count is low. =

Will keep you guys updated if it degenerates.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 7-3-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
If people are worried, call your GP and get tested! In Australia we have been testing since early Feb and fever clinics have been set up.We have been told to call our GP or hospital ahead of time (don't just turn up in case you infect others) to let them know we would like to be tested and then people are directed to labs. I know that testers have gone out to peoples' houses also in cases where thy have self isolated due to returning from the worst affected countries.

When in doubt, find out!!

edit on 8-3-2020 by swinggal because: word change

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: thebtheb

Never got anything in December or January. Whole family got something really bad in February, though. It spread quiiiick. I didn't have it nearly as bad, but I'm a little more healthy then the rest of the family. Everyone that had it was out for a week to a week and a half. Fever, horrible cough and sore throat. Everyone was pretty freaked out lol. All better now.
edit on 8-3-2020 by that1lurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Update. It was allergies.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

Sound like you have influenza B. The CDC had a few notices on there site the past couple months about how influenza B had made a come back. (B) usually show up at the end of the flu season. But for some unknown reason there are more "b" cases than "A" . the CDC can't explain why it happen this year. I was tested for their same exact symptoms came back as influenza B. My flu shot did not include" B "this year either, which I find strange. Stay away from kids and the elderly people. Took me 3 Weeks to get rid of this cough. It is highly contagious.

edit on 8-3-2020 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Currently in South Korea, camp humpheries. I dont have the virus but there is a quarantine site next door to me. It looks like it hasnt been used yet. One confirmed case onpost, with several hotspots in town. Basically a soft lockdown for any social activities offpost.

I personally dont know anyone yet who has had the virus, so can it all be fake? Sure. But we still treat it like it is our reality

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This thread is a useful snapshot of this moment in time, where noone posting has a confirmed case, or even knows anyone who does. (Although the nurse posting earlier does seem to have it)

Let's see how this changes going into April, there should be a noticeable difference if this takes off
edit on 8-3-2020 by Drachenfel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Me and my husband have had something deep in our lungs for weeks. He was diagnosed with bronchitis, by stethoscope. We are in Ohio and can only get tested if our Dr. requests it. That will cost us each another $100. My left lung is burning like hell, but we've made it this long and I don't want to risk getting into some government controlled quarantine. Our Dr won't even call in an antibiotic over the phone. Have to be seen again.

We're doing over the counter meds and just rolling with it. I said in a different thread I haven't been sick in 10 years. I have hypertension and diabetes, which are under control. And I exorcise daily, but I'm also a smoker. Haven't been able to inhale a cig in weeks. My husband has an immune issue. Those are the reasons we would initially get sicker than others.

My brother in law works for southwest at John Glenn International Airport (Port Columbus). Back in December he had pneumonia along with some blood clots. That is one possible way we caught this. The other being my husband is a carpenter and in and out of multiple peoples home, multiple times a day.

For those with disease like mentioned above just be really prepared if you come down with this or any respiratory issues. You may not need hospitalized but you may be startled, or down right scared at what is going on with the lungs.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join