It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Individual Wealth Cap

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: idiotseverywhere
no
the speed limits are not your "equal" to begin with
the fact that you do not understand that yet still attempt to use it as such is funny

your proposed idea is not new
communist governments take peoples money all the time
all property belongs to the state in those nations
the usa is not communist
sorry
we do not want that here

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

no, they ARE equal, state by state is some meaningless arbitrary idea they are not equal a child comes up with.

They are equal, because at every point on the road, the limit applies to everyone, THUS all drivers are EQUALLY CAPPED AT SPEED, no matter where they are.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: pexx421
the only aggression here is what you propose

In real life you could smack them around a bit.

how very open minded of you

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
you simply do not understand the meaning of "equal" or "all"

just admit you want communism
dont be shy
it is ok

we just dont want it

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

So you're saying it's unfair you cannot drive at 80 because they do in other states. This is a valid complaint of yours? It would seem to need to be important if equality is on the line here. How much does this really bother you? I'm guessing 0, but hey, you could be more snooty than I thought.

Are you mad you cannot drive 80 around schools because it's legal in Iowa on the Highway?

Does this limit really even effect you?
Similarly, the money limit would obviously not effect you.
edit on 20-2-2020 by idiotseverywhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421

Man, stop feeding the trolls. If they pretend they can’t understand simple points and context, and if they turn around what you actually say, they are not engaging in honest debate. They are feeding their fragile, attention dependent ego at your expense. In real life you could smack them around a bit. On here you just have to ignore them, or engage in kind. There’s no actual reasoning going on there.

What actual points do you ever make? Every single thread that you respond on you say the exact same thing. Always propping up your supposed "intelligence" while simultaneously insulting everyone else's.

And to you everyone who doesn't agree with you is a troll. I don't think you know what that word means, but you might want to look in the mirror first, then look the word up in the dictionary.

There have been numerous attempts by posters to discuss the OP's premise, despite the fact that the OP barely makes any sense and is sorely lacking in knowledge of the subject matter at hand.

So, instead of coming to OP's rescue with you usual "they are all just trolls and can't discuss" why don't' YOU explain to us how capping someone's income is a benefit to anyone????

Anyone at all? Please, do tell us oh brilliant one.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
no
i am free to move to montana if i wish to drive 80

I am also saying your example of "equality" is not such
you do not understand our government to begin with

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

thats not equal, not everyone can move to montana. Equal means everyone kid.

saying you'll move is also a defeat for that question.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The difference is equality of outcome v. equality of opportunity.

You want equal outcome. You cannot use the law to force that make people free.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: idiotseverywhere

thats not equal, not everyone can move to montana. Equal means everyone kid.

saying you'll move is also a defeat for that question.

but everyone is free to move to montana
just as everyone here is free to make as much cash as they wish

government mandated "equality" is communism
you can say it
it is ok

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Anyone has the opportunity to speed; common cars go far faster than the limit.

The outcome of speeding is a ticket.

This is literally no different than what I'm suggesting with the money cap, other than they are angry their freedom to be 'multi-billionaires' is hindered(even though it obviously isn't).

The speed limit is pretty much the perfect example that there is a speed that is accommodate to us all for travel, but one that is not so fast it's dangerous. A money cap shares this concept. At a billion dollars, you can afford pretty much everything in life, and at 100 billion dollars, the only thing you're more capable of is generally trouble.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

This is AMERICA dog, and we have freedoms here.

The freedom to allow people to become so rich that they can buy politicians, pass laws, lobby for themselves and their own interests, get away with breaking laws, destroy the environment (possibly/depending on circumstance), etc.

Then we see the damage done, and we have the freedom to simultaneously condone and complain about it, and hoist the perpetrators onto a golden throne and defend them, because..... I don't know, muh capitalism or some derpy crap like that.

........................... 'Murica.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

the only thing you're more capable of is generally trouble.

that is simply a lie
conceived by a jealous, selfish, grubby little mind

your hatred of the rich and proposed class warfare is disgusting
you are simply a bigot
since it is against the rich it is supposed to be ok

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
One day later and the OP gets even more absurd. As if the speed limit laws somehow equates to a hypothetical law that would cap someone's earnings.

The only thing these two things have in common would be that both would be laws.

And if OP cannot see how stupid the comparison is then why do any of even bother trying to explain anymore?

OP, please reiterate to us all, one more time what it is your are proposing. And how what you are proposing helps the problem you are trying to address.

Using your example of the speed limit law, we can prove that driving within a certain speed limit lessens motor vehicle accidents and motor vehicle deaths. That is a positive outcome.

How would capping someone's income benefit anyone? Please explain that.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

how is this a lie? It's nothing but factual more resources increases the ability to do bad things. And it's also pretty much a fact people don't generally need more than a billion dollars. If you do, please tell me, for what?

I'm also richer than you probably, by a lot, it's impossible to know, but statistically I'm richer than 1/10,000 people I meet. You can call me jealous, but I've never even needed to work a day in my life, I have the supposed 'fantasy' rich life already.

Calling me jealous seems like an argument method or something, I haven't shown any signs of jealousy, and also am insanely rich.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The law exists to attempt to enforce a common outcome on everyone -- no one goes faster than speed X, not even if they could. If they do, they are punished with consequences Y.

Your proposal attempts the same. No one has more wealth and assets than X, not even if they could, and if they do, then they are punished with consequences Y.

You're attempting to force equal outcome. No one has more than X, ever ... except maybe the entity you task with confiscations which would be the state and the agents who would then wield its power and the accumulation of wealth on its behalf. So you would be effectively creating a new billionaire/trillionaire entity.

What would really happen is those who have the means and ability to produce more than X would find ways to hide that from the robber baron state, or they would leave.

edit on 20-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It's nothing but factual more resources increases the ability to do bad things. And it's also pretty much a fact people don't generally need more than a billion dollars. If you do, please tell me, for what?

Sp when you confiscate that extra wealth, are you burning it?

If not, then you are just empowering the state to do bad things. You say so yourself.

edit on 20-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Listen, the law is Equal, do you deny that or not?

The argument is an equal cap on money is not equal, and so how is a speed limit equal then?

They are the same.
Despite how easy it is to split hairs and act like they are different things, it's the same concept, they are the same. It's an equal limit on everyone, the argument it's 'not equal' is pretty null.

Also, in every economy I've ever dealt with that had max currency, inflation was curb. Not only is it not disregardable on a civil level, on an economic level it would have obscene advantages compared to disadvantages.

Unless there is a solid excuse for a good thing to do with 100 billion dollars, that only leaves the imagination to find all the bad.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

This is AMERICA dog, and we have freedoms here.

The freedom to allow people to become so rich that they can buy politicians, pass laws, lobby for themselves and their own interests, get away with breaking laws, destroy the environment (possibly/depending on circumstance), etc.

Then we see the damage done, and we have the freedom to simultaneously condone and complain about it, and hoist the perpetrators onto a golden throne and defend them, because..... I don't know, muh capitalism or some derpy crap like that.

........................... 'Murica.

One can agree with everything that you have written and still not advocate for capping earnings.

We might want to address these injustices by actually utilizing the laws that are already put in place. Yes, the laws exist but they are not enforced and the rich can and do buy their way out of wrong doing

These things are big problems.

But how would capping earnings for everyone end these abuses?

Many people have put forth plans to address these issues that actually make sense. Like, putting caps on lobbyist money in Washington or caps on donations to politicians, etc...

What the hell does limiting everyone's earning potential have to do with all the things you mentioned and how does it solve anything you talk about?
edit on 20-2-2020 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

It's nothing but factual more resources increases the ability to do bad things.

nope that is a lie

and your bigotry is disgusting

I'm also richer than you probably, by a lot, it's impossible to know, but statistically I'm richer than 1/10,000 people I meet.

you have "a lot of black friends" too dont you?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join