It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Individual Wealth Cap

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: InTheLight

Great band.

Love them.

But look what happened to John Lennon?

He gave his life up for what he believed to be truth in life...that being peace and love.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Then to top it off they hide the poverty and homeless when they have major events like the Olympics.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: andy06shake

Then to top it off they hide the poverty and homeless when they have major events like the Olympics.

Yeah, the amount of money they pump into looking good, could help so many underprivileged...so disgusting.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How quickly they forget that, also what Napoleon brought to Europe. What was it again....?

Oh, yes, war. Lots and lots of war.

So... Who get's the chop first, I wonder?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

How quickly they forget that, also what Napoleon brought to Europe. What was it again....?

Yeah, we humans are so apeish and wallowing for some reason, I don't get it.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: seagull

Yeah, we humans are so apeish and wallowing for some reason, I don't get it.

Hmmm, could be because we're primates.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Good job having actual conversation this last two pages all. Much better!

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

We the people, the working class, we are already seeing the cracks, think yellow jacket movement in France, riots in Hong Kong.

Consider though that a good part of the Yellow Jacket movement in France is caused by the government as much as it is by the smug elitism of the urban class or any other cause you may be thinking about.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Class war is raging I'm afraid, and it's not going to be letting up nor slowing down anytime soon.

The fact of the matter is that there is more slavery and indentured servitude doing the rounds in this day of age than ever before in all of recorded history.

And they like the cake, which is why they keep on eating.

It's really just the scarps from the table that we fight over amongst ourselves whilst "they" remain unscathed in there ivory towers.
edit on 19-2-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

(post by InTheLight removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

People need to eat, even immigrants.

Canny hate the player but need to hate the game.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: idiotseverywhere

Here’s an idea since this site is filled with people that hate the idea that you proposed:

Let people make billions if they can/want, but everyone else gets a ‘handycap’ stipend and we all are lifted to the same level.
So the richer the most successful person becomes, the richer we all become.

This way, everyone gets the same thing and is kinda equal.

If the successful rich guys get fed up with everyone being as rich as they become and if they decide to just give up and quit making money, well everyone else gets a pay cut too and we’re still equal.

Kumba ja facking ja

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Indeed, it's a multi faceted issue, part of which is goverment bought off by the corps.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Class war is raging I'm afraid, and it's not going to be letting up nor slowing down anytime soon.

The fact of the matter is that there is more slavery and indentured servitude doing the rounds in this day of age than ever before in all of recorded history.

And they like the cake, which is why they keep on eating.

It's really just the scarps from the table that we fight over amongst ourselves whilst "they" remain unscathed in there ivory towers.

I have a friend with a wedding cake business called " let them eat cake "

Yeah man it's a real problem, its you going to get real interesting once the markets are reacting to China shutting down.
edit on 19-2-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

A wealth cap wouldnt make anyone wealthier. It would effectively stifle technology and it would hurt employment. Also, you could bet the brightest among us would flee to other countries that dont penalize prosperity

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I see most of the replies are your basic and ignorant responses about “All hail the Holy Capitalism.”

You can, should, and actually must have a monetary wealth cap in order to protect Capitalism from implosion.

The only mathematically feasible system requires a monetary wealth cap. Money has no value, it is a means for trade. When people hoard the item(money) that is used to make trade happen the system breaks. The only way to hide this broken system is through inflation.

Inflation creates greater wealth disparity than the middle class can absorb. Thus pushing the middle and lower classes down as they fight for the remaining currency to continue to be able to trade.

The hording of money simply can’t be allowed in a sustainable economic system. Anyone who disagrees doesn’t understand the math.

It doesn’t matter how many objects people hoard, because every purchase regardless of how unnecessary puts the currency back into the system.

In a well built system the middle class and lower classes would be raised by technical advancements and not be left behind because of unnecessary inflation.

I would also suggest we need to reimplement the Sherman Act that was supposed to keep these corporations from becoming the monopolistic vampires that they have evolved in to.

Monopolies have never turned out good except for the handful of owners. And it could be said that it never has been good for the owners, because monopolies are often broken by violent mobs who are tired of being pushed down and left behind.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I think it shows that generational wealth and interbreeding between the elites has led to a poor gene pool, as a result the current elites aren't smart enough to realise the mob is growing at an alarming pace.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I wasn't really thinking of taxing it. I was thinking that the individual could do what they wanted with their extra money, as long as it wasn't keep it.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join