It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Individual Wealth Cap

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

using bigotry and disgusting together is ironic. you're supposed to sound sophisticated when you use that word 'shooterbrody'. I'd avoid it if I were you.

Also, like, what's with the racial comment, pretty far leap from previously disliking bigotry. Can you explain it's relevance, lest I just tag you a racist too I guess.
edit on 20-2-2020 by idiotseverywhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: idiotseverywhere
no
you have chosen an identifier to discriminate against someone
they are rich so they are bad

one could replace rich with many other identifiers
it is bigotry
and it is disgusting

ixnay on the adviceay
from you it is useless based on what you present here

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

but I'm rich, so I'm allowed to. It's like the N word.

(this is a joke, but you're getting to ignorance levels I cannot deal with.)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

What??? It's exactly the same thing. By your very own standards.

You hate billionaires.
Someone else hates black people.

Lo and behold, you are both "bigots".

How is this any different than your silly speed limit law analogy?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You aren't addressing my point. Attempting to enforce an equal outcome does not make people equal, nor does it make them free.

Let me make it from another perspective.

Usain Bolt can sprint as quickly as 23mph. Most humans are nowhere near that. What if we made a law that said no one in a 100m race could go faster than 18mph? You know because no one *needs* to sprint as fast as Bolt can. It certainly doesn't make Bolt equal to everyone else even if his results are officially knee-capped, nor does it make him free because he is no longer able to train or be rewarded for the limit of his true ability.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: idiotseverywhere

See, you are proving you are a bigot again! Just like the speed limit law and income cap law are exactly the same thing.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

((And Bigotry combine with disgusting; it's basically implied bigotry is disgusting, and exemplify it that way is ironic because it shows intolerance towards their position also. "You're a bigot", and "You're disgusting filthy bigot" might hold the same meaning, but the second one is hypocritical.))

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Oh don't sell yourself short, I think your tolerance for ignorance is pretty high

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

((And Bigotry combine with disgusting; it's basically implied bigotry is disgusting, and exemplify it that way is ironic because it shows intolerance towards their position also. "You're a bigot", and "You're disgusting filthy bigot" might hold the same meaning, but the second one is hypocritical.))

Do you even know that you make no sense?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I don't hate billionaires or rich people, this is a strawman for you to have a foot in the conversation you're maybe a little too young for.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

the only ignorance here is what you have brought
assuming those who have more money than you are only capable of bad actions is ignorant

having the government take the money away from those people is communist

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I don't hate billionaires or rich people, this is a strawman for you to have a foot in the conversation you're maybe a little too young for.

Again, you use words that you do not know the meaning of.

Why do you continue to ignore my question that I have repeatedly asked you to answer? Which is, "how would capping a person's earning help anyone"?

Please, be specific on how this helps the world.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Most of my friends are also rich people, this happens commonly when you're rich. There is literally no way a billion dollar cap is anti-rich person, because someone with 100 million is still very rich. Responsibility doesn't equal hate.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Most of my friends are also rich people, this happens commonly when you're rich. There is literally no way a billion dollar cap is anti-rich person, because someone with 100 million is still very rich. Responsibility doesn't equal hate.

I don't think you know the meaning of responsibility. If you are rich and your friends are rich and this is how you all feel, why aren't you simply writing an extra big tax check every year and turning over all that extra, evil wealth over the IRS as a gift. If you're that rich, you know this about handling your wealth, so you know you can do this.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Tell us how the billion dollar cap makes the world a better place?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The odds are not a single person in this topic has more money than me.

And I'm also not intolerant? I'm suggesting a cap that's responsible. It's not targeting anyone. if you say I'm targeting billionaires, then make the cap a Trillion. The cap is responsible, you're ability to pin me as being against anyone in particular is false.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Do you know how economic stratification, legal tender currency and fractional banking systems work?

If the answer is yes, I wouldn't need to answer your question.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Do you know how economic stratification, legal tender currency and fractional banking systems work?

If the answer is yes, I wouldn't need to answer your question.

Assume I do not, please educate me. Maybe you will sway me into your corner.

Now is your chance to enlighten me with your brilliance.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There is literally nothing left to do but donate money once you're as rich as me. I am donating, you really have no evidence that I'm not.

Part of this is that incentive is ruined for anyone born rich. I have nothing left to make, I was born with everything. It's just giving # away is my only job now, and it doesn't feel like an economy, it feels like being a king.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Nice appeal from authority.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join