It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 200
<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: Advantage

Thank You

You are very welcome.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

So, is research saying the orf8 is still intact while this virus has been circulating?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: Adphil28

Federal contract expenditures related to the coronavirus. It shows that Uncle Sam is spending a fair amount of money in a very short period of time; i.e. the government is taking this seriously, we would be well advised to do the same.

Prepare in whatever way you feel best, or not and trust to what you are being told by the media; the choice is yours.

I remember tennisdawg getting hammered on here about how the government doesn't pay that fast.

I think alot of people need to start eating their crow.

It is plausible what he said was the truth. A bunch of a-holes thinking they know everything run people off.(not necessarily meaning you). We all search the chatter to look for clues. But sometimes the clues and chatter come to us.

Whether TD was telling the truth or not, does not make a difference to me. What matters is that it is a part of the chatter and everyone needs to decide for themselves whether to believe it or not. But instead ignorant people take to bashing and shaming posters for giving their insight. Everybody , but the person with "info" is an expert.

But hey what do I know? I mean the numbers and the officials can't be hiding anything, am I right? We need to believe them because they say so, right. (Extreme sarcasm).

Nobody wants to believe the official story. But keep bashing people for using info that goes against the official story. Some of it, a lot of it is BS, but maybe, just maybe some of the chatter isn't quite as far fetched as it seems.

I for one do not believe that there are only 13, 14, 15, or 16 cases here in the us, or whatever "official" number people keep quoting as gospel.

I personally liked TD's insight because it gave us another viewpoint to ponder.

edit on 21-2-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

the two following items are specifically for use in a BIOTECH laboratory for examination of genetic sequences. in particular, "primers" are used in the PCR (polymerase chain-reaction) analysis that is used in diagnosis of COVID-19.

Primers and Probes

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention intends to award a sole source firm fixed price purchase order to Biosearch Technologies for primers

Oligo Assay Kits

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention intends to award a sole source firm fixed price purchase order to Integrated DNA Technologies for pr

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Well, Italy has reported their first "snuff". Not sure if it's the runner or not since I don't speak Spanish.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I haven't heard anything recently about Orf8 specifically that I recall, but I know the video I posted talked more about viral strains from bats.

Another paper talked about so-called stuttering outbreaks.

It is possible this has been there all along and just never had the chance to take off because the opportunity hadn't yet presented itself, or those stuttering outbreaks created a strain capable of what we're seeing.

I did see in something someone posted where it said they had yet to detect any major mutations in the virus so far, so whatever it was, it hasn't changed enough to affect its behavior to any great degree as of that paper's finding.

(This is what I recall from what I've seen in the materials that have been posted here by various folks from various places.)

But, no, I've seen nothing specifically addressing Orf8 since the very, very beginning.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

The CDC published the full genetic profile and orf8 was intact.. thats why we cant use the sequence to produce antibodies. Thats probably why they needed the passengers to get the genetics of the strain to see if there were any mutations.

The US CDC has released sequences from two isolates (BetaCoV/USA/WA1-F6/2020 and BetaCoV/USA/WA1-A12/2020) from the first confirmed nCoV case (35M) from Snohomish County,WA. They match the original sequence which has the orf8 mutation and is the same lineage as sequences from Shenzhen, Chicago, Yorkshire clusters,and other US sequences (from CA and AZ) and other sequences from China (Shenzhen and Wohan) and the first sequence from South Korea.

n 2003, a 29 nt deletion in orf 8 was associated with increased transmission and virulence which lead to international spread

(post by Advantage removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Some of what he said was plausible especially in the beginning.

I am pretty sure that the government is trying to dust off their contingency plans and augment them based on what they see going on now in China.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Here we are at page 200 of the third thread about this. I do wish TD hadn't been run off because, honestly, what he said could very well be true. And he said it would come in waves. Each day has brought new big news. I certainly don't think this thing is slowing down and I also don't believe the US numbers.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Yep. He should return.

He has a few tidbits that were tasty.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Yes,( edit for clarity: ORF8: S84L has 79 decendent mutations )

Edit

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 21-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

source
nextstrain.org...

edit on 21-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: source

edit on 21-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: clarity

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
For what it's worth

Metallic copper surfaces kill microbes on contact, decimating their populations, according to new research. ... Metallic copper surfaces kill microbes on contact, decimating their populations, according to a paper in the February 2011 issue of the journal Applied and Environmental Microbiology.

Copper is amazing
But only now does our research describe how copper and its alloys exhibit these impressive properties and the processes involved. The process involves the release of copper ions (electrically charged particles) when microbes, transferred by touching, sneezing or vomiting, land on the copper surface.Feb 24, 2017

Best Practices: Using copper to fight infections. ... More recently, researchers have discovered that copper alloys destroy MRSA, norovirus and other pathogens. These materials damage bacterial DNA and respiration, leading to cell breakdown, and inactivate certain viruses, often within hours.Nov 5, 2016

I haven't had a lucky rabbit's foot since I was a kid; maybe I'll get a lucky piece of copper. Hey, it couldn't hurt!

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleman

I will take one tooth of each, please.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Another weird case!
Time: 21 February 2020 Source:
Another weird case! The fecal specimen of the patient was positive for neocoronavirus, and the sputum throat swab was negative, with no clinical manifestations.

"Health Zhoushan" public number released the news on February 20, Zhoushan City Health and Health Committee Prevention and Control Work Leading Group Office on the same day on the February 18 press conference has notified the relevant situation of a certain company :

On the evening of February 16th, Qi Moumou's stool specimens were positive for New Coronavirus, negative for sputum and throat swabs, and no clinical manifestations. According to the New Coronary Pneumonia diagnosis and treatment plan, the diagnostic criteria for suspected and confirmed cases were not met. In order to reduce the risk of possible infection, they were sent from ambulances to designated hospitals for isolation and treatment. On February 18, the stool test was positive again, and the pharyngeal swab test was negative. No clinical manifestations.

I removed the source info so no one would annoy the poor person as their name and email addy was on it.
edit on 21-2-2020 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage I've wondered since I use a nasal wash daily if that would result in a negative reading for a nasal swab but I could still have the virus.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Pharyngeal tests may not be accurate, as has been covered previously, though.
WSJ. Accuracy of swab test kits

top topics

<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join