It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Pommer89

Doubt it.

In the case of this I think there’s enough evidence about early detection and lack of containment and notification that you could.

But IANAL. Maybe we have a lurker who has done international law.

Or could we sue US govt and subpoena enough evidence to prove they knew it was man made and didn’t stop travel earlier? Civil Suit in US has lower burden of proof.

IANAL YMMV

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

They used a HIV based inert pseudovirus and it was given bioluminescent gene (luciferase)from a firefly and the spike protein from SARS. They used the pseudovirus to observe how the SARS spike protein attaches to ACE2 cells via the bioluminescent gene it carried. The study had nothing to do with trying to make Bat coronavirus infectious to humans.

So why are you so quick to write off the recent India study that found HIV code on the spike protein of a Corina virus if this has been going on for years? Since 2008 at least.

With all the other problems in reporting this event do you think it is a valid question? Or is it just easier to not think and just do as we are told?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

TP will be the least of your problems if this gets worse. Dry goods, water, and means to defend should be a priority. I would also grab bleach and some rubbing alcohol. And of courses some masks and goggles.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It only takes a thread about 10 pages before you all start eating each other.

There is very little fact being posted into this thread; a thread that start as a helpful source to monitor a concerning situation. At this point it has devolved into conjecture, purely emotional responses and d*ck measuring.

Maybe you should take a step back and take a look at what you’re doing before you discredit this site even more.
edit on 6-2-2020 by DOcean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Coronavirus live updates: US and China clash at WHO over Taiwan’s participation, death toll tops 500

trying to find more info..

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

The mortality rate of novel #coronavirus in China stands at 2.1%, which is lower than that of

- Ebola (40.4%),
- SARS (10%),
- MERS (34.4%) and
- H1N1 of 2009 (17.4%)

China's UK ambassador
@AmbLiuXiaoMing
revealed the figures in a press conference in London on Thursday

twitter.com...
do we believe it?

Lol, f no.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOcean
It only takes a thread about 10 pages before you all start eating each other.

There is very little fact being posted into this thread; a thread that start as a helpful source to monitor a concerning situation. At this point it has devolved into conjecture, purely emotional responses and d*ck measuring.

Maybe you should take a step back and take a look at what you’re doing before you discredit this site even more.

Information is hard to get by, I don’t mind people’s opinions, but please No More Math Wars.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hangzhou quarantined - AFP

Twitter

Their video is high quality because they have people there. Hangzhou is mighty close to Shanghai with plenty of very convenient travel links.

Footage inside US evac plane

Twitter

Definitely heavy duty gear. Spooky. Not good.

Chinese pharmacy

Twitter

Clever

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Taiwan Blasts WHO for Saying It’s Part of China in Virus Report

Taiwan’s foreign minister criticized the World Health Organization for referring to the island as part of China amid a worsening coronavirus outbreak.

“@WHO, what’s wrong with you? First you called us ‘Taiwan, China,’ then you changed to ‘Taipei.’ You misreported the confirmed cases, & now you call us ‘Taipei & Environs.’ Look! Taiwan is #Taiwan & not any part of the #PRC,” foreign minister Joseph Wu wrote in a sharply worded tweet Thursday.

As a United Nations body, the WHO treats the separately governed island as part of China, a view Taiwan’s government rejects. The WHO was forced to correct its coronavirus situation report Monday after erroneously saying there were 13 cases in Taiwan. Taiwan’s Centers for Disease Control says there have been 11 confirmed cases of the virus in Taiwan so far.

The WHO is kinda of showing the world their Cards eh ? LoL Guess China funds the UN pretty good .... hmmmm

Maybe that is the point of this Virus anyway .... Taiwan - China is not known for caring so much for Humanity as long as its goals are achieved History proves that - Doesn't make this situation any less dangerous - just pointing out the obvious
edit on 262020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

The Coronavirus Outbreak Could Derail Xi Jinping’s Dreams of a Chinese Century
Lets Hope So - Not into their style of a DREAM LoL
Can Ya Feel me ????
edit on 262020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Wash your hands for 20 minutes

I've never heard of such a thing but in this case better safe than sorry! Thanks for the update

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: that1lurker
Thanks for helping me understand. I also brought this up because I had read in another study that asian males have an extremely large number of ACE2 cells in the lung. That would make asian males more likely to get infected, no? Or would it just make the virus worse? It would be interesting to see the data of those infected and to compare females and males.

The study report that had stated asian males have 5x more ACE2 than other races only had one asian male. It was likely that the high level of ACE2 was due to illness or high blood pressure (pulmonary hypertension). The website where the report was submitted is for non peer reviewed papers, and warns,

A reminder: these are preliminary reports that have not been peer-reviewed. They should not be regarded as conclusive, guide clinical practice/health-related behavior, or be reported in news media as established information

A quote from the report,

We also noticed that the only Asian donor (male) has a much higher ACE2-expressing cell ratio than white and African American donors (2.50% vs. 0.47% of all cells). This might explain the observation that the new Coronavirus pandemic and previous SARS-Cov pandemic are concentrated in the Asian area.

Here is the link to the study paper, www.biorxiv.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JSpader

I can. Things were plenty scary during the Spanish Flu and it had similar mortality rates.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
Just to throw this into the mix, some people are saying this virus originated in a lab in wuhan, ok I can go along with that but why would China release it?
One viewpoint I havnt seen mentioned, correct if I'm wrong, climate control? We all know china is the worst offender when it comes to carbon emissions, could this of been a way by activists to slow down climate change?

Iv not really put alot of thought into it, just food for thought really.

There other possibilities other than intentional release, like accidental release.
There is another reason for someone to intentionally release a bioweapon. The same reason that someone would storm into a school and shoot children with a rifle.... because they had lost their mind.... insanity.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
UK suspected case in york "woman marched out of house and put in van"

www.dailymail.co.uk... ession=true

link   

originally posted by: revmoofoo
Good morning everyone!

Here are the latest figures from WuFlu.Live

Confirmed: 28341
Deaths: 566
Recovered: 1261

Rev

The third number, "recovered", is what worries me. If that number is accurate it means two very scary things:

*This illness has a long drawn out life (unlike Ebola and the flu where it's over in less than a week)
*The actual rate could be be between 2% and 98%

link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

Starred ya anyway. Tomato, Tohmahto

I'm so new to this, I've been wanting to ask what the stars mean that I see at the top of some of the posts.

And I wanted to add to those people talking about what to stock up on (which has been very helpful to me). Don't forget the coffee and laundry detergent! If I potentially need to lay low in my house for a couple of weeks, I cannot do that without my daily caffeine fix and some clean...er...undergarments.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: that1lurker

I've seen lots of discussion on different sites about Prof.Zhengli's study. It was a study on the virus that was published right before it started infecting a lot of people in Wuhan. I can provide a link where it talks about it. I think it may also have the full text link there, too.

Anyways from the way it sounds, the bad pneumonia cases and deaths are from people being reinfected with the virus, which may explain why it took a while for people to become deathly ill from the virus and why some people recover. I'm not entirely sure if thats correct and you may have very well answered this already. Antibody-dependent enhancement is what people are referring too. I'm guessing this may have been discussed here already. Just curious as to what you think and if you were already aware of it.

Have heard anecdotal reports of rapid reinfection which is not good, as first time round your immune system gets pretty much bombed. So it would make sense. It also makes the threat that much greater. Not a great prospect if it turns out to actually be the case.

It's more likely that the virus and the reaction to it from your immune system completely strips the epithelial cells out of your respiratory tract. They are an important part of your body's defenses against disease, and as deep down into your lungs as this thing gets, you are wide open to all kinds of secondary infections.

That's how people appear to get better and then crash and die quickly afterward. It isn't that this thing is AIDS or that the cellular mechanism (white blood cells and stuff) has been compromised, it's like the skin in their lungs that's normally there providing a barrier to disease is gone and not yet regrown. This is also how so many burn patients die -- the skin is gone or has been compromised enough it can't keep out the germs like it normally does.

Think of it like a barrier and that barrier is gone.

They're dying of bacterial infections.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Can someone find the total number being quarantined here in the US?

I am having a hard time finding info on the exact number. It seems that the pe is le that were sent to the military bases, which includes the 1,200 from a week or so ago have not been mentioned in a while.

We are getting mixed, if any numbers on how many are quarantined here in Illinois

I feel that maybe our government and media is not being as transparent as they are leading out to be. Would they really tell us if people start to die here? I'm not to confident that we are getting the story as it is happening.

This is mainly aimed at those who are talking about all of the speculation and lack of facts.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
FangCang Hospital video with subtitles

Twitter

A few translation errors in this. There’s a bunch of hospitals with this name so not sure which city this is.

Basically the guy is saying he has orders that if you enter hospital you can’t ever leave. Hospital is one large quarantine building.

Watch what they do.

Wife’s mom just messaged us, Tianjin City just put on near quarantine. Residential areas are now restricted from going to commercial areas and vice versa. They live in downtown Tianjin in a home my wife owns.

Tianjin is very close to Beijing, it’s just about one contiguous city since 2012. Beijing 6th Ring Road is closer to downtown Tianjin than downtown Beijing.
edit on 6-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Add

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What time should we expect the next update on "official" numbers out of China? Few hours?

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join