It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO declares international health emergency over coronavirus outbreak

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

the most deadly virus is the internet, it keeps spreading. so many people are already infected. in some cases the internet can cause the brain to slowly dissolve. a symptom is a manic longing for war, terror, epidemics and civil war.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Preparation is fine.

I don't have a problem with that.

I agree it's better to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekner

That's why I said so far.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

the most deadly virus is the internet, it keeps spreading. so many people are already infected. in some cases the internet can cause the brain to slowly dissolve. a symptom is a manic longing for war, terror, epidemics and civil war.

Or maybe some folks just want to rotate their supplies of survival food. One good pandemic and you get to move the cans around a little. Knock the dust off. List your ones about to expire on eBay and make bank. A reason to wear your bright orange and yellow Tyvek suits to the grocery store. A reason to patrol your property in a Ghille suit and paintball gun.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's not trivial.

At the rate it's infecting, even if it's not severely lethal, which is don't think it is, it's going to knock enough people flat fast enough to cause disruptions. Medical personnel are going to be overwhelmed with serious cases because there will be more of those than you would normally see and the death toll from them will be higher too.

It's a serious issue for a couple of reasons and the idea that people will die is only one of them.

exactly..

its not lethal for the 50 people in the hospital.
its not lethal for the 1000 people who show up at the hospital in a week
its lethal for the 15000 people who show up at the hospital and are turned away

western nations have the best health care yes, but when the hospitals are full and you're sent home to self isolate it changes everything.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Kung Flu says "hold my beer"

No one's gonna hold your beer during a pandemic.

Hahahaa.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Don't forget hot-takes and yas queens.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Lumenari

I always figured you were someone who had safe word or know of several other people's safe words.

It was a joke... I'm a woman that runs a company full of testosterone-filled males in the oilfield.

Males for some reason like to conflate dominant females with a Dominatrix.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I wouldn't think you'd need to impose travel restrictions with the amount of paranoia this has caused. You'd have to be crazy to travel to China right now. I mean you'd have to be crazy to travel to China anyway but especially now.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

WHO declares international health emergency over coronavirus outbreak

Honest question :
When has the WHO not declared an international emergency over ANY new communicable disease ?

It is part of their JOB to do so.

edit on 1/30/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Exactly!

China did go through enormous efforts to contain the virus! no doubt about that! This pandemic would be so much worse if they hadn't done that!
The questions that WHO doesn't address is : why did they take those measures at a time when the rest of the world governments told us it was nothing to worry about? Not with the numbers they gave us? What did China know at the time that the rest of the world didn't? What transparency was there then?

And what did China do/have/promise to receive all the ass-kissing?

Maybe China have learned from SARS that they should take strong measures when corona virus are spread in their citizens.

And the if the current corona virus is mistake that got released from the Chinese Bio lab then they knew before hand how bad it is.

I do not buy the mutation story. The more I look into the human pandemics from Spanish Flu, HIV, SARS, Ebola to this current virus, the more I believe the examples I give are created or enhanced by man. Bio weapons and sloppy medical experiments getting released into the public.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I saw a headline that said: Experts debunk fringe theory linking this to weapons research. When ever someone starts with "Experts bla, bla... I become hyper cynical. This virus started in a city with a level 4 bio-weapons lab. You don't have to be highly educated to add 2+2.. I could be wrong but I really think this is Captain Trips IRL..

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BastogneFoxHole

In his non-fiction account of the future Stephen King had his virus kill 99.4% of the population, this one has just a littttttttle bit more to go before Randall Flagg shows up.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
m-o-o-n that spells panic.....

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lol but if I start dreaming of an old black woman in Nebraska I'm not sure I could ignore it.

But as in life I won't be the one percent.

PS 94% was communicability ,the kill rate was 100% if you got it you died.

Well until the babies then they got sick and got better.

I don't see this as a Capt Trips or the Super Flu (lol my spell check changed that to super fly)
Then again a bio weapon that wipes out everybody is not good either.
edit on 1312020 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

edit on 1312020 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody
Lol. Yes it does.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: firesnake

Recommendations from the Event 201 scenario included continuing trade and travel.

If nothing else, the documents associated with Event 201 may give some insight as to how the "elites" think about these situations.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I knew it was a good idea to get all them NBC suits & respirators.
any one like to buy one?
i have some potassium nitrate to.

joke aside this Is bad.
the dots creap ever closer on the map.
the poeple who traveled over to make that
dot on the map have past it to many.

to Not to get ready for it is more stupid thant to not.
some times the preppers are right.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

So far the death rate on this corona virus is 2%, estimated.

Swine flu was 34% death rate.

I think the WHO is being abundantly cautious because of the newness of this.

The Spanish Flu was pretty benign at first, but then it mutated into something much worse. The more this thing mixes into the population, the more chances it has to mutate into something really nasty. And that's assuming its NOT something genetically engineered to do so. All the fuss seems very fishy to me for just a garden variety virus. I think this beasty is something that escaped a Chinese lab, the Chinese know this, hence the response we are seeing.

edit on 31-1-2020 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

An acquaintance just sent me this link, not sure if its on the level, but interesting.

gnews.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join