It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO declares international health emergency over coronavirus outbreak

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well Eric Toner did release a "scenario" 3 months ago simulating a coronavirus outbreak....his simulation killed 65 million people.

Source

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

seems that the WHO is moore concerned about economics affects than the corona virus itself

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I always figured you were someone who had safe word or know of several other people's safe words.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So far the death rate on this corona virus is 2%, estimated.

Swine flu was 34% death rate.

I think the WHO is being abundantly cautious because of the newness of this.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
China also fired the Health Chief today near the epicenter of the outbreak....

Source

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

If the alarms need to be sound then sound them. I just think the media sensationalizes so much stuff it's hard to believe them when something is really bad or not.

The hardest thing for me is to trust a country whose had an unprecedented quarantine, a track record of downplaying these kinds of events, and ongoing human rights allegations. Word on the street is they're threatening citizens with jail time for not parroting government approved Kung flu talking points (unverified).

Tricky thing is... We could listen to the media in one of the most restrictive countries on earth... Or we can sift through rumors.

Damned either way.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I agree, some nasty viruses have gotten out and about over the years but the spread never took a big hold and if it did there has been containment and quarantine that, I guess, worked ok.

Things could have been a lot worse if ebola, sars, haunta virus, Marburg or marsburgs virus something like that in Australia I can't remember but point is, yeah s**t could have hit the proverbial fan a lot worse.

I guess we're due......

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
IMO...if the virus settels in India the problems gonna get much worse….
there are moore peopple in poverty...and my guess is that the medic care is not for everybody there couse of the cast-system they have there

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

well see it as an volcanologe.predicting that an vulcan is gonne blow...
in Italy they where brought to court for an wrong prediction...and convicted…:-(
edit on 30-1-2020 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I watched yesterdays WHO conference,and after I commented in the corona virus updates thread that it was a kissing chinas ass competition.
The WHO doctors were full of praise for china,its leader and how they are dealing with the outreak.
How trasparent!How effecient!So much better than the SARS outbreak!

from the RT link in the OP,just one of many comments kissing cccp ass:

China is actually setting a new standard for outbreak response.

Yeah a new standard in stupidity IMO..

We have seen them anounce the Wuhan lockdown 12 hours before it happened,allowing millions of potentially infected to leave the city.
We have seen thugs/police literally walling people up inside their apartments with metal braces.
We have seen doctors demanding basic resources from their government and complaining that they have nothing.
We have seen many people in rural villages building walls and watch towers across roads to block possibly infected people from spreading the virus to their villages,because the government is doing squat for people in rural areas.
Hospitals crammed full of people,no segregation between infected/possibly infected/not infected.

A new standard huh?
The WHO are like china,not telling people the full story or the truth of the matter IMO.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

People who have learned from historic facts should be using the experience and expect the worst! I don't understand those on here who project their own warped mind onto others.
Nobody 'wants' this to be the end of the world, nobody 'wants' this to spread and kill thousands, yet when I read their posts written whilst sitting on their high horse, that is what they think we want!
That's some assumption.

I am quite offended by this. There is a brilliant slogan that says prevention is better than a world wide disaster, even if it never happens.
I don't know why we are being patronised for being careful? Fortunately the clever/cautious ones will have a better chance at survival than the 'You are all morons' crowd.

If it's nothing again - good, brilliant, have a clap on the shoulder for being so smug [this time]. But I hope all governments in the world will always be cautious rather than reckless.
That's why I wear my seatbelt as well. Rather a living moron than a dead 'know it all'.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: ketsuko

Well Eric Toner did release a "scenario" 3 months ago simulating a coronavirus outbreak....his simulation killed 65 million people.

Source

Yeah, I'm not saying it'll be all fine.

I keep coming back to Spanish Flu. That killed a lot of people, but not nearly as many as some of the other diseases we've had out in the wild do.

The worst thing about Spanish was that it took people down very quickly, all at once and for a long time. People who got sick got really sick. Even if you didn't get critically ill, you were still flat on your back from it in most cases. It did kill more than normal bouts of flu would and it hit all levels of the population, not just the very young, very old, and already sick like it normally will. It took the young and healthy ones too. So there was no rhyme nor reason to who would die.

So when it came through, you had most everyone going down ill all at once and you had more than normal dying with it and across all demographics. That was a scary situation.

If this is like that, it will be scary. There could be service and supply disruptions while everyone is down sick and recovering.

In the end though, most of us will live.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
WHO declares international health emergency over coronavirus outbreak

Oh damn.

I better stock up on beer and twinkies.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Death rate? There's 8,000 cases and only resolution of 314 cases. That's like saying well 100 people just got it but none of them are dead so its 0%. You can't determine anywhere near the death rate until we get more stats on recovered cases.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
We are off to the races now.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

OH YEAH! Time to put your panic pants on you future zombies. Hopefully this thing delivers in ways Y2K completely failed to do.

What, by not acknowledging the thousands of people who worked day and night, weekends, to prevent their machines from clocking over by testing each one and replacing them with newer ones at the cost of our departments budget, and then have peoope say "Y2K bug.. coh, what a joke that was. nuffin' 'appened."

*sheds a tears* no one acknowledged us. no one.. not even a gold watch, nuffin'...

On this however, I think it's kinda like a PC virus.. those who pretend to protect us, also cause the things they need to protect us from. Just in this case, the virii expanded it's programming and went on an escapade.

"Kill all humans, baby?"

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Corona is half off where I live.
I just bought a case and some limes.
Limes help kill any viruses that might be in the Mexican brew.

Still tastes kinda bad though.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And 12/21/12. Doom and destruction? Zombie apocalypse?

Kung Flu says "hold my beer"

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
And 12/21/12. Doom and destruction? Zombie apocalypse?

Kung Flu says "hold my beer"

I will be highly let down if this thing doesn't top the percentage Thanos put up.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: firesnake
That was very contradictory. One the one hand they declared an emergency for the world and governments to see, yet on the other they are not recommending travel restrictions! They say if it gets to a poorer nation it will be devastating, yet say no travel restrictions. They say China has been exceptional and lead with the highest standard, setting a new standard in outbreak controls... but people are contracting the virus in more and more countries.

I’m none the wiser really.

You want to be somewhat the wiser?

Can you say Agenda 21?

What exactly is Agenda 21?

Agenda 21 Translator

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join