It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO declares international health emergency over coronavirus outbreak

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: shooterbrody
wont this ruin your dinner?

Not in the slightest. The suffering makes it more succulent.

I'd think that would be like adrenaline if you don't drop the animal on the first shot....kinda screws up the meat....

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Sure it has. Wuhan has the market to prove it.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I think China will make more travel restrictions very soon, but we'll see.

It's too late! World War Z is imminent.

Everyone should preemptively go out and rape, cut off ears, cut off heads, tape wire from portable telephones to human genitals and turn up the power, cut off limbs, blow up bodies, randomly shoot at civilians and raze villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan.

Im going to make a porchetta instead.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Oooooo, that sounds lovely. Me and the Wu-Flu are coming by, what can we bring to drink? Dirty paddy water or a nice Dolcetto?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Atsbhct

Oooooo, that sounds lovely. Me and the Wu-Flu are coming by, what can we bring to drink? Dirty paddy water or a nice Dolcetto?

I nice dog-blood, thinned with port should do nicely.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: shooterbrody

Sure it has. Wuhan has the market to prove it.

that is probably true
did you see the dude eating live baby mice?
his chopstick skills were impressive

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Not to worry. The Q'nies are out in front of this one. Just drink bleach:

Article

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Has anyone here made a decision as to what signs they will need to see that would trigger their 'personal protection plan', whatever it may be?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Is it “serious”?

Well, ask yourself when was the last time a national government literally rushed to build a hospital dedicated to the treatment of the common cold?

Or even the flu?

Isolate a wing in an existing facility, maybe.

But dedicate the resources to erect an entire hospital? That’s a new one.

As to travel bans; two thoughts.

One: Officials recognize that, due to the virus exhibiting the ability to be spread while the victim is asymptomatic, it is unlikely that travel bans would have an impact on the containment and/or control of this virus. That ship has already sailed.

Two: Aside from being ineffective at this stage, wide-spread travel restrictions would only serve to heighten the public’s level of anxiety, which could lead to fear, making future efforts to elicit the public’s cooperation more difficult, and perhaps, even impossible. Trying to hold tightly to a handful of sand usually results in losing more sand than you retain.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Has anyone here made a decision as to what signs they will need to see that would trigger their 'personal protection plan', whatever it may be?

A burning moat around my house works for me....

On a serious note....yep....I'll be good.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: ketsuko
does anyone think worse has not been consumed?
seriously?

its all fun and games until you find yourself bound and gagged

Odd, I thought that was where the fun started...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
"China has done an exceptional job. What we need is people to stop spreading rumors. We need to trust the CCP as they have done such a good job, and there's no reason to question the information they give the global community".

Wonder what kind of "donation" or leverage that kind of cuckery took.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I don't know except to say that we plan to go out and about as little as humanly possible when we get there both to protect ourselves or to protect others.

We may end up shacked up with my folks but only as a very last resort.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
fun must translate differently
guess its no old timey ice cream social

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

If/when the US government begins implementation of quarantine procedures similar to those in effect in China.

Of course, by that time we may all be completely screwed.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

What is the WHO track record with these alarms?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

To be fair I think humanity has been rather lucky when it comes to global disease crisis in our lifetime.

So I think it would be hard to say.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Exactly!

China did go through enormous efforts to contain the virus! no doubt about that! This pandemic would be so much worse if they hadn't done that!
The questions that WHO doesn't address is : why did they take those measures at a time when the rest of the world governments told us it was nothing to worry about? Not with the numbers they gave us? What did China know at the time that the rest of the world didn't? What transparency was there then?

And what did China do/have/promise to receive all the ass-kissing?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

This will probably be like NOLA. It's the scenario everyone knew could happen, but it's remote enough no one figures it will happen on their watch, so they kick the can down the road until finally the buck stops. Until then, they have cushy jobs without much to do except sound important.

Then the levees they were charged with overseeing and preparing break because no one really took proper care of them, and everyone sees the emperor has no clothes.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

If the alarms need to be sound then sound them. I just think the media sensationalizes so much stuff it's hard to believe them when something is really bad or not.

I'm not ready to abandon my home with backpack and prepping supplies and head for the hills of West Virginia just yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join