It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Americans, what's the chatter around Trump in your country?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
In general today, Canada is full of Trump jokes and memes. The majority of Canadians don't have a favourable opinion of Donald Trump.

I don't think Trump will be convicted, but I do think an underlying reason he was impeached is because he's just a social buffoon and puts American politics in a bad light, despite the fact that he represents a bigger issue for everyday Americans.

What's the Trump chatter in your country?

I work for a family whose kids go to an International school.

The other day while driving the one son and his diverse group of friends around I was pleasantly surprised to find out they are impressed with Trump's handling of the economy and called Hillary a c@#t

However most radio stations and media outlets get their news from associated press and Reuters and they just go along with the narrative.

South Africa.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

You want the truth? Everyone I know who doesn't like him, has those opinions based almost entirely on what I call his "manners." When pressed on the issues the only stuff they can come up with is fake news (kids in cages, said neo-nazi's are good people, etc). When pressed on accomplishments they have nothing to disagree with unless they're environmental extremists.

Of the people I know who do like him, they're mostly silent. They don't talk about him or politics really unless pushed. When pushed they typically try to take centrist views.

Then there are the people I know that LOVE him. They are almost fanatical. They where their MAGA hats often. They talk about trump in almost every conversation they have.

Finally there is the statistical evidence: 95% approval in the republican party. 55% among independents. 8% among democrats.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Long Time Lurker. First Time Poster.

Before I offer my opinion on this I like to share a little about myself so you know where, if any, bias exists.

I'm Canadian, but have travelled extensively in the US for business and pleasure. I dont think of myself as right or left leaning per se. I vote on the issues depending on who sits where. Provincially and federally I have voted both right and left at various times. For US politics, I have liked both Reagan and Obama. So that's me in a nutshell.

From my standpoint, and the people I know, Trump is one of the most hated leaders in the world today. Truth be told, as my name suggests a lot of us cant understand why such a divisive man has so many supporters. I like to think of myself as trying to understand both sides of the coin. However in this case a lot of us Canadians just dont get it. It's not that many of us are against right leaning ideas, we are just against Trump and all his divisiveness. I've seen him trash everyone who does not agree with him....a true leader brings people together and doesnt drive them apart.

And no I wasnt a Hillary fan either. She would have been a terrible choice too. But as long as Trump stays in power he will continue to cause division and be the laughing stock among world leaders.

I have no skin in the game......being as I'm not an American. Just my 2 cents among those of us whose opinions I know.

Glad to have finally joined the community!!

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedCanadian

Laughing stock you say? Unlike your black face wearing leader?

Yah, no one is laughing at Trudeau.

Like the time he went to India? Ya, no one laughed.

Welcome to ATS. So you signed up just to let us know that you think our president is "laughing stock of the world", right?

Funny, I have never thought of signing up to some message board just so I could trash another countries leader.

You can laugh all you want at Trump, but I wouldn't trade him for your black faced idiot Trudeau.

If you are going to trash another country, you should at least have something better to offer as an example.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

You take criticism very poorly, did you know that?

The man answered a question about what non-US member's perception is of the overall opinion on the US president in their country.

Don't want to know it? Don't read it!... but please stop embarrassing yourself.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Wow......nice warm welcome. The title of this thread literally asks non-Americans what Trump vibe is in their country.

And you literally attack me for answering the question.

Nice.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedCanadian

Thanks for adding your perspective to the thread. Don't mind anyone here who gets overly passionate about your opinions. I see pretty much exactly what you described in my province, too.

Welcome!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I'm enjoying this very polite, totally not cliched conversation between you two Canadians.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Okay, but wait until we start drinking and turn into total hosers.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

What's that aboot?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Mostly we just go oot for a rip to Tims.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Eh, Beaver, I like Timmy, he's a Mason.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

not true

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: YourBro21