It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcript released - WH - No quid pro quo

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

That's the one that interest me, the China deal.

What went down and what was gained?

These idiot Dems should realize that Trump has the uncanny ability to boomerang action against itself, probably what people perceive as 4D, imo it's Trumps "Full Counter" move, with which any degree of strenght aimed at him is reflected back at equal to or greater force, depending on if Trump wants to double down.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
What's crazy is there was no quid pro quo, this is obvious, but turn on CNN and you would think Trump went "if you dont investigate Biden, we wont give you foreign aid".... they are beyond delusional

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
What's crazy is there was no quid pro quo, this is obvious, but turn on CNN and you would think Trump went "if you dont investigate Biden, we wont give you foreign aid".... they are beyond delusional

I have not seen anything on CNN in over 3 years. I would like to keep it that way, thank you.

If I did turn it on, afterwards I would have to dig out the bottle of eye bleach, and stick sharp things in my ears.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

It's all feed for their audience of low info voters.

Already we have a few users afflicted from the data transfer and pushing out opinions as facts.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I didnt know anyone still watched cnn. Figured 100% of their viewership ratings were airport televisions at this point.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Wayfarer

It sounds like you are sure its completely legal for the president to involve his personal attorney in matters of state......

It is perfectly legal for the President to allow any US citizen to talk to a foreign dignitary to discuss matters of interest to said foreign dignitary.

TheRedneck

I can give you props for sounding confident at least. Incorrect, but confident (which I guess is the whole Trump MO so par for the course).

For the record would you mind informing ATS what exactly your legal credentials/expertise consist of?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Remember that time liberal media said Trump pressured Ukraine to investigate Bidens son EIGHT(8) times and offered quid pro quo in exchange???

Nope, none of that happened, just like Collusion, just like Obstruction, same old story.

- Mark Meadows

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

I did not misread whicj i think you figured out. I was seeking a more rational explaination of the basis for democrats arguements on this topic from someone closer to that side who was not drawing party lines.

I don't think many of them are going to be rational on this subject. To do so, they'd have to implicate that democrats have done this very thing and worse last cycle, watering down their fodder.

So the president initiated the inquiry. Indeed. Not sure the DOJ would investigate anything at the direction of the president if they could not justify prosecution. Remember how many times Sessions refused to follow up on matter which Trump wanted him to look into? I dont think Barr would touch the investigation if he didnt want to

Politically for Trump, it would be better if this just blows up in Biden's face and he leaves it at that. The more he mimics the lefts tactics last cycle, the more fence sitters he stands to lose. He's not supposed to be "like them".

It's already looking like the beginning of the end for Biden though, he was steadily loosing footing to Warren before this fiasco. The betting books has Warren with 44%~ to win the ticket, Biden only 18%~. Link

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

According to Biden, 0bama sent him over to withhold the $1 billion unless the investigator was fired, on his behalf. Sounds like the same thing to me.

It does sound the same. What was that saying.... "Elections have consequences"?

But you bring up a good point. DNC support among their base seems to hinge on Obama, about like GOP base support hinged on Reagan after his two terms. If Obama is implicated in a quid pro quo, that could have disastrous consequences for the DNC.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

It sounds like you are sure its completely legal for the president to involve his personal attorney in matters of state......

It is perfectly legal for the President to allow any US citizen to talk to a foreign dignitary to discuss matters of interest to said foreign dignitary.

TheRedneck

I can give you props for sounding confident at least. Incorrect, but confident (which I guess is the whole Trump MO so par for the course).

For the record would you mind informing ATS what exactly your legal credentials/expertise consist of?

While that's happening, can you source and link the information you dispute Redneck with, considering if one disagrees and provides the relevant information as an effective rebuttal, or are you simply just buying time to quickly googly magical fingers your way to a few blogs and opinion rags?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

a reply to: MrRCflying

According to Biden, 0bama sent him over to withhold the $1 billion unless the investigator was fired, on his behalf. Sounds like the same thing to me.

It does sound the same. What was that saying.... "Elections have consequences"?

But you bring up a good point. DNC support among their base seems to hinge on Obama, about like GOP base support hinged on Reagan after his two terms. If Obama is implicated in a quid pro quo, that could have disastrous consequences for the DNC.

TheRedneck

One could only hope.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

So pray tell, can you cite either Constitutional paragraph/section or legal title/code where it is illegal for the president to suggest a meeting between a foreign dignitary and a US citizen?

I'm not a lawyer, but I play one on ATS. About the same as you, in other words.

Only I give legal references. Where's yours?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Again, there doesn’t have to be an explicit quid pro quo. All that is needed is a quid. Here you go:

Federal law prohibits a foreign national from directly or indirectly making a “contribution or donation of money or other thing of value” in connection with a U.S. election, and prohibits a person from soliciting, accepting or receiving such a contribution or donation from a foreign national. Federal law defines “contribution” to include “any gift … of money or anything of value made by any person for the purpose of influencing any election for Federal office.” And the FEC by regulation defines “solicit” to mean “to ask, request, or recommend, explicitly or implicitly, that another person make a contribution, donation, transfer of funds, or otherwise provide anything of value.”

www.justsecurity.org...

Additionally, it is important to point out that the “transcript” isn’t even a transcript. On every page of the released memo it states it is not a transcript. But even with what was released you can see an implied quid pro quo. Right after the Ukrainian President asks about buying missles, Trump says, “I need you to do me a favor though”.

Zelensky: I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps. specifically we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.

Trump: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.

Zelensky: Yes it is very important for me and everything that you just mentioned earlier. For me as a President, it is very important and we are open for any future -cooperation. We are ready to open a new page on cooperation in relations between the United States and Ukraine. For that. purpose, I just recalled our ambassador from United States and he will be replaced by a very competent and very experienced ambassador who will work hard on making sure that our two nations are getting closer. I would also like and hope to see him having your trust and your confidence and have personal relations with you so we can cooperate even more so. I will personally tell you that one of my assistants spoke with Mr. Giuliani just recently and we are hoping very much that Mr. Giuliani will be able to travel to Ukraine and we will meet once he comes to Ukraine. I just wanted to assure you once again that you have nobody but friends around us. I will make sure that I surround myself with the best and most experienced people. I also wanted to tell you that we are friends. We are great friends and you Mr. President have, friends in our country so we can continue our strategic partnership. I also plan to surround myself with great people and in addition to that investigation, I guarantee as the President of Ukraine that all the investigations will be done openly and candidly.. That I can assure you.. .

Trump: Good because I heard you had a prosecutor who' was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United states, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.

Trump directs Zelensky to work with his personal lawyer, who has zero interest in these investigations. What legitimate reason is there for Trumps personal attorney to be involved in these investigations?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gorgonite

According to compaign finance law, opposition research is not a thing of value.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gorgonite

Zelensky: Yes it is very important for me and everything that you just mentioned earlier. For me as a President, it is very important and we are open for any future -cooperation. We are ready to open a new page on cooperation in relations between the United States and Ukraine. For that. purpose, I just recalled our ambassador from United States and he will be replaced by a very competent and very experienced ambassador who will work hard on making sure that our two nations are getting closer. I would also like and hope to see him having your trust and your confidence and have personal relations with you so we can cooperate even more so. I will personally tell you that one of my assistants spoke with Mr. Giuliani just recently and we are hoping very much that Mr. Giuliani will be able to travel to Ukraine and we will meet once he comes to Ukraine. I just wanted to assure you once again that you have nobody but friends around us. I will make sure that I surround myself with the best and most experienced people. I also wanted to tell you that we are friends. We are great friends and you Mr. President have, friends in our country so we can continue our strategic partnership. I also plan to surround myself with great people and in addition to that investigation, I guarantee as the President of Ukraine that all the investigations will be done openly and candidly.. That I can assure you.. .

Bolded the above sentence above that you keep over reading. He begins the conversation by bringing this up and is seeking assurance from President Trump that it is okay for them to be in contact with his attorney.

What you share in the conversation after this is Trump assuring the Ukranian President that it is okay for Rudy to assist and he offers the assistance of the AG as well due to diplomacy.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's already looking like the beginning of the end for Biden though, he was steadily loosing footing to Warren before this fiasco. The betting books has Warren with 44%~ to win the ticket, Biden only 18%

Cause or symptom?

I'm thinking Warren's success has been pushed by the DNC after the talk of Biden's bragging episode was brought up. That could have resulted from the investigations in Ukraine as well. If the DNC got wind of this operation, they could easily get the MSM to give Warren a shove over Biden. Now they need to throw him under the bus and pull this impeachment nonsense to keep the heat off themselves.

There were no other options. Warren is far left now, but not as in-your-face as the rest of the candidates. Bernie has no more support outside his small base since he got into bed with Hillary in 2016.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
"You have to read in between the lines and see not what was said, but what wasn't."

WOW... he's right! I read between the lines and this is what I saw (and I quote):

"Biden had both hands on that little girl when he rubbed his nose through her hair."

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: dfnj2015
please point out where specifically?

You have to read in between the lines and see not what was said, but what wasn't.

It's there you will find the truth, this will DESTROY trump.

In other words, you have to make things up that are not a point of fact?

SMH

You need to take some time and get to know MisterSpock.
Many times when you see a post from him that makes you think WTF?? you should apply a '/s' after his post and it makes perfect sense.
I love the sarcasm, it is perfectly logical

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gorgonite

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Gorgonite

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: Bone75
Trump thinks he's slick. He reminded the guy 3 times in one paragraph about how much the US does for them, you know... wink wink. But because he didn't come right out and say "do this or we'll stop being good to you", he gets a pass. You guys think he wears a freaking halo and that scares me.

I hate to pop your cherry, but that's the way "diplomacy" has been done for 1000 yrs, if not longer.

Last time I checked diplomacy has never involved using the office of the presidency to coerce a foreign government to investigate a political rival and hand that info over to his personal attorney. Obtaining anything of value from a foreign government for the purposes of a campaign is illegal.

Why are you defending someone who is attempting to put themselves above the law? Why are you defending a president who has lied about this incident multiple times over the last few days? What do you trust a president who lies on a daily basis? On what foundation have you built your trust for this president?

Ummm...why do you continue to lie...does it give you a thrill up your leg...?

Where's the coercion...I'm sure you can point to it on the doll...

None of this is for the purpose of a campaign either...it's the chief law enforcement officer of one country having a conversation with his counterpart in another country about possible crimes and corruption...nothing more...

YouSir

Explain to me how asking Zelensky to work with Rudy on the Biden investigation has anything to do with our Country?

President Zelinsky: "I will personally tell you that one of my assistants spoke with Mr. Giuliani just recently and we are hoping very much that Mr. Giuliani will be able to travel to Ukraine and we will meet once he comes to Ukraine."

And I'm naïve...?

That is a direct quote from President Zelensky ...asking...President Trump if Mr. Giuliani could visit Ukraine to speak with him...

Not that twisted version of leftist events that never took place in reality that your trying to foist off on the board...

Naïve...obtuse...and protective of the Dem talking points...sums up precisely your specious arguments...

The reason that Mr. Giuliani is involved is because the President of Ukraine asked for him to be involved...

Get your story and your facts straight before trying to fence with me...your out of your league...

YouSir

edit on 25-9-2019 by YouSir because: bold is better...

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

It's all feed for their audience of low info voters.

Already we have a few users afflicted from the data transfer and pushing out opinions as facts.

I find it interesting that you claim CNN is lying without proof, yet you believe Trump who has changed his story on this matter alone a dozen times.

At what point do you ask yourself, “Why am I accepting the word of a liar as gospel?”

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join