It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do poor women have a right to have children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Lumenari

a reply to: Lumenari

Yeah, keep talking like you answer to no one... truth be told though, every single one of us are brown nosing someone to get a little food in our mouths.

Don't matter if your Trump himself or scrubbing toilet seats for a living... Everyone relies on someone!

Speak for yourself sweety.

I've worked long and hard in life to be beholden to absolutely nobody.

Oh, your so full of it... Unless ego & self delusion is a legal currency where you live, then you do answer to somebody, in order to 'eat'... just like the rest of us.

She's up on that high horse of hers giddy off hypoxia, until she and/or her honey get damn sick as hell, probably with a super duper expensive-to-treat cancer like the way things have been going for everyone else the last few decades. That'll be a jarring crash back to Earth, but they'll need some sweet, sweet Medicaid or Medicare help (depending on their ages) And maybe charity & government help to meet other expenses that can't be met because medical black holes adore wallets and government help alike.

Then she'll be more than willing to hold her hand up again, just for different benefit that time -- to stay alive medically. Like the po' folk that didn't ask to be born any more than she did that she bashes, everyone has their thresholds they're willing to cross to keep expelling air from their lungs a little longer.

Hey, does that mean we get to bash her for being a medical drain on everyone else? That the sickie should just keel over and save the populace some money? I mean, that's indeed a much bigger price tag per person than feeding a few poor kids is. Or would that be a little too callous of us to sneer at them over?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Humans have been looking for reasons to abort babies forever. Let's add this to the list

Edit: Don't even have the answer. Just seems like this would be a dodgy direction to go. Especially now that scientists are starting to talk about cannabalism to save the planet.

edit on 7 9 19 by Analbumcover because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Analbumcover
Humans have been looking for reasons to abort babies forever. Let's add this to the list

It's along the lines of eugenics, really. If it's crossing an ethics line to suggest we consider breeding humans like we breed our animals, to reduce or eliminate crippling/deadly diseases, deformities & conditions from the collective gene pool instead of continuing to allow people to breed as we do now -- with a choice in the matter of the mate regardless of genes -- then denying childbearing to people purely because of poverty is the same damn ethics line.

Glaring disclaimer: Selective breeding to get rid of diseases and such is something I've pondered as a long-term species benefit, but I very highly doubt we have the morality to do it competently enough to support it in practice any time soon. This is simply a point for people to start from when considering what is acceptable to legislate or control regarding reproduction in others.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I can't believe you actually authored this thread, I had no idea you were an advocate for eugenics....yowsers

edit on 7-9-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Today on a facebook page a local lady that helps people in need posted a bunch of needs/wants for some families.
Two of the three families are expecting a baby in addition to many other children. They have zero money, zero anything.
How on earth is this ok? In this day and age, birth control is everywhere, and it's free. I'd like to say it's rare, but it isn't.
Every day there are requests like this. Another friend asking for fresh fruits for people. Many working folks can't afford fresh fruit for their
own children...

I'm not some kind of cruel person. I know the desire for a women to have a child. I just don't think that their desire overrides
the responsibility of having one. Then that burden falls on everyone else. It falls on people that have been responsible their entire lives.

You ask how on earth is it okay? IT ISN"T.

My question to you - why are you opposed to Caring for others? I don't think these people you distain intended to be in this situation as you seem to imply.

....you say birth control is everywhere. That you wished it wasn't (REALLY) but it is.

I suppose you are anti-choice as well.

Who are you to decide who can and cannot have children? Who are you to decide who is worthy of charity?

Look to your own life before looking down on another's (paraphased from bible)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Funniest thing I've ever heard - a society of producers - worthless consumers. Well bubba, those holy producers aren't **** without those worthless consumers.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Yeah, keep talking like you answer to no one... truth be told though, every single one of us are brown nosing someone to get a little food in our mouths.

Don't matter if your Trump himself or scrubbing toilet seats for a living... Everyone relies on someone!

Speak for yourself sweety.

Oh, your so full of it... Unless ego & self delusion is a legal currency where you live, then you do answer to somebody, in order to 'eat'... just like the rest of us.

She's up on that high horse of hers giddy off hypoxia, until she and/or her honey get damn sick as hell, probably with a super duper expensive-to-treat cancer like the way things have been going for everyone else the last few decades. That'll be a jarring crash back to Earth, but they'll need some sweet, sweet Medicaid or Medicare help (depending on their ages) And maybe charity & government help to meet other expenses that can't be met because medical black holes adore wallets and government help alike.

Then she'll be more than willing to hold her hand up again, just for different benefit that time -- to stay alive medically. Like the po' folk that didn't ask to be born any more than she did that she bashes, everyone has their thresholds they're willing to cross to keep expelling air from their lungs a little longer.

Hey, does that mean we get to bash her for being a medical drain on everyone else? That the sickie should just keel over and save the populace some money? I mean, that's indeed a much bigger price tag per person than feeding a few poor kids is. Or would that be a little too callous of us to sneer at them over?

I can't even believe we are here having this conversation, society was built literally on the back of others. Small comunities growing because people helped each other through the hard times.

This is it then I guess, we are at a point where people see money as more valuable than people.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Do you ever stop to think why the economy is set up the way it is?
It's almost like the poor are there just to support the rich.
You bang on about poor people not being able to afford children. If that was the case, after WW2 no kids should have been born at all in the UK or Germany.

Poor people aren't a blight, they're a reminder of our own moral bankruptcy. Unless they're down and out through their own actions.

Most poor people can afford food, not good food. They can afford clothes, but not brand labels.
Frankly I find this post, like many on ATS recently, abhorrent.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   

How dare you make yourself a success ( just kidding ) Awesome job

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Misanthropes everywhere.....

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Do Rich people have the right to decide who breeds ?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
Do Rich people have the right to decide who breeds ?

Not yet....

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Analbumcover
Humans have been looking for reasons to abort babies forever.

7 billion people = Apparently humans haven't found enough reasons to abort babies. Or even use rubbers, for that matter. Humans appear to be pretty useless at being evil fetus killers. LOL

Despite it having been perfectly legal and absolutely logical for decades, it's been disturbingly rare in even the most appropriate circumstances. And so you frequently see all those saved lives sleeping on park benches and pooping on sidewalks in any major city that hasn't succeeded in outlawing failing at life.

edit on 7-9-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

@Do poor women have a right to have children

Was the mother of JESUS CHRIST rich

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Most single mothers I know already work. Govt provides free childcare places so they are able to work, at taxpayers' expense. They have paying jobs but still need to claim working benefits and housing subsidies too, at taxpayers' expense.

Here's what I think. If bosses didn't pay themselves and their shareholders so much bonus and instead increase the wages of their low-paid workers, then everyone else wouldn't have to pay for the govt subsidies and benefits.

It's wealthy people's fault there are poor people. Their 'take more than you need' attitude is the problem. The more they take for just themselves, the less there is left for all the rest that also spend their time, energy, and life, contributing to the success.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
God forbid people obey their number one instinct as a human being to propegate the species.

You ask me the real injustice in society is there are dirtbags out there with more money than some sovereign nations, who contribute nothing to mankind except to leach on the toils of the 99% for their own depraved gain.

There is enough wealth and resources in the world that no one should ever go hungry, worry about providing for their children, be homeless or suffer the many other false scarcity injustices of modern, corporate-controlled society.

In the words of Huey Long, assassinated governor of Louisiana, Share the Wealth.

Well said unfortunately the sociopaths don’t get it and never will.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

You should try it sometime.

In America, we call that freedom.

Annnd:

Not too long ago in Texas, you didn't receive food stamps as a woman with kids unless you also got a birth control implant.

That should be a Federal law.

Tell me again about "freedom."

Sweetie.

Easily done.

I hit a low point in my life once where I was trying to divorce a bastard of a husband and left with the kids without a job or anything else.

I got the kids to my family, went looking for work, got on food stamps for the kids and lived on the streets for a bit to save money.

I eventually worked my way out of that, worked my way off the streets, worked myself off of food stamps, worked my way to eventually purchasing a house, then put a kid or two through college, then purchased a part of a company, then bought out the other owner, then bought a big piece of land, worked hard and built my house, kept working and I can now retire when I want to but I want enough in the bank to not rely on social security.

Any questions?

Would things have been any different at all if you hadn’t had family to take care of your kids for you? Weren’t you relying on others to do your duty as a parent? Hardly sounds entirely independent.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

But not anymore right?
Because that is none of anyone's business.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

originally posted by: Liquesence

You should try it sometime.

In America, we call that freedom.

Annnd:

Not too long ago in Texas, you didn't receive food stamps as a woman with kids unless you also got a birth control implant.

That should be a Federal law.

Tell me again about "freedom."

Sweetie.

Easily done.

I hit a low point in my life once where I was trying to divorce a bastard of a husband and left with the kids without a job or anything else.

I got the kids to my family, went looking for work, got on food stamps for the kids and lived on the streets for a bit to save money.

I eventually worked my way out of that, worked my way off the streets, worked myself off of food stamps, worked my way to eventually purchasing a house, then put a kid or two through college, then purchased a part of a company, then bought out the other owner, then bought a big piece of land, worked hard and built my house, kept working and I can now retire when I want to but I want enough in the bank to not rely on social security.

Any questions?

Would things have been any different at all if you hadn’t had family to take care of your kids for you? Weren’t you relying on others to do your duty as a parent? Hardly sounds entirely independent.

Obviously when some people are taking handouts it’s different than when others take handouts.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I think we should regulate the dicks. LOL.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join