It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Residents Wanted a BIG TAX Governor - Today J.B. Pritzker Delivered a HUGE Tax Increase.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Here is a link to pew research that points out the relative taxes paid by income group

Tax by income group

The reality is that high income people pay far more taxes then poor people who pay almost nothing.

Raising taxes is tricky. If you tax the people who are already paying the most, why shouldn't they find a place that is more friendly (tax wise) to their income bracket?

If you chase off the high tax payers, who is left to tax?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

And the roads will still suck , the money will disappear . Whitmer is just another Granholm . Get ready for some expensive hard times

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: carewemust

You can't dig your way out of a hole.

Sorry for Illinois.

I finally understand how we got to China!
It all makes perfect sense now.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well thats what the 5g smart meters are for!

(regarding, what will they tax when they get rid of fossil fuels)

want heat?
edit on 8-3-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yeah, well I live in Illinois, and didn't vote for Mr. Pritzker, or any of the other democrats running this state.

So ... I am getting what the other 'we - those other people' voted for hah.

Kinda sucks.

Every year I do the calculation of whether or not I would have a better life (pay minus taxes versus cost of living) in Illinois, versus Indiana, where I was raised. Every year Illinois is getting worse and worse, and someday, if they become 'equal', I will take my family back to Indiana, to get a comparable job there. I won't retire in Illinois for sure, and plan to retire in Indiana, because anyone retiring in Illinois is a total fool with taxes like we have here now.

Our leaders are losers. They have enough ignorant people in this state to vote for them in perpetuity, no matter how badly they continue to flush this once proud state down the drain....

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
You can stop the liberal talking points. There are 540 billionaires in the entire USA. These taxes hit the middle class. Poor pay nothing in taxes and receive back on top of paying nothing.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The current flat tax rate in Illinois is 4.95 percent.

Rates under Pritzker's plan would go down to 4.75 percent for the first $10,000 and 4.9 percent for income between $10,000 to $100,000. (Tax decrease)

* The average income in Illinois is 69K

The rate will stay at 4.95 percent for incomes of $100,000 to $250,000, (No change)

7.75 percent for income between $250,000 and $500,000. (2.8% Increase)

* This represents less than 2% of the population, which means 98%+ of the population will see no a DECREASE or no change in their taxes.

7.85 percent for income between $500,000 and $1 million (2.9% increase)

7.95 percent for earners over 1 million. (3% increase)

statisticalatlas.com...
datausa.io...

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

The current flat tax rate in Illinois is 4.95 percent.

Rates under Pritzker's plan would go down to 4.75 percent for the first $10,000 and 4.9 percent for income between $10,000 to $100,000. (Tax decrease)

* The average income in Illinois is 69K

The rate will stay at 4.95 percent for incomes of $100,000 to $250,000, (No change)

7.75 percent for income between $250,000 and $500,000. (2.8% Increase)

* This represents less than 2% of the population, which means 98%+ of the population will see no a DECREASE or no change in their taxes.

7.85 percent for income between $500,000 and $1 million (2.9% increase)

7.95 percent for earners over 1 million. (3% increase)

statisticalatlas.com...
datausa.io...

The tax will hit those who live in the Chicago metro areas the hardest. These are the working middle and upper middle incomes. $250k is a lot in downstate IL, but it is solidly upper middle class in Chicago metro area. That is literally a high school principal and a middle manager household income.

Secondly, the tax is not a 2.8% increase. Maybe if you believe in bad common core liberal math. It is a 57% increase. From middle school algebra class.... (new - old) / old = percentage change. (7.75 - 4.95) / 4.85 = 57% change

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
June 3, 2019

Illinois is the perfect example of what will happen in America if Democrats take over the House/Senate/WhiteHouse.

This week, the Democrat majority / Democrat Governor, passed SWEEPING new tax increases...

The Gas Tax Soars from 19 cents per gallon to 38 cents per gallon.

Cigarettes, Vehicle Registrations, Parking, and more.. are all going up in cost.

Source: www.illinoispolicy.org...

During 2018, Illinois lost 114,000 residents. That's 313 people PER DAY.

www.illinoispolicy.org...

The solution to losing taxpayers is to raise taxes. Brilliant!

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

If there is anyone that doesn't understand what is going on in Illinois,
take a gander at this zillow listing

www.zillow.com... .313354,-88.045142_rect/14_zm/

typical house in Illinois
for sale for 375K pretty average for that area
butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt look at the property taxes

2017 $15,339(+8.1%) $126,150(+8.3%)

Folks 15K, that's yearly and rising. Yes, the property taxes are now starting to cost more
than the actual mortgage for some people. Just imagine the elderly, they are being taxed out of their
houses.
Look at where it started, 2002 8K... now just imagine, it's only going to keep going up.
For some bizarre reason a lot of people in Illinois didn't believe this.

Just to show it's not just the lower priced houses
www.zillow.com... 88.012118_rect/13_zm/

This one is a little over a million dollars,
The taxes are 35 thousand dollars a year...just the taxes folks, just the taxes..

Wow, that's insane. My house now with 8 acres in a rural small town is valued at around 148K so I would be owing around $15,000 annually in property taxes. I only net around 13K a year. Guess I would be screwed.....bigly.

After homeowners insurance, utilities and food, I'd be minus around $900.00 a month and that doesn't include any unexpected expenses such as vehicle breakdowns, septic fail, etc. I just had to buy a new sump pump for my basement....$260.00.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

The insane property taxes are one reason why 313 people are moving out of Illinois EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I drive a lot. The moving vans and Uhauls are always driving away from Illinois. Very few coming in, unless it's a "transportation hiker" bringing them back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join