It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taco Bell Offers White Customer $20 Gift Card After Beating By Black Employees

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Without having time to fully research this....

Does skin colour effect the story? Could the headline have been ‘3 employees beat 1 customer’? V

Is this just another story emphasising fake racism?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Establish official policy that franchisee's MUST cooperate fully with the police

They dont even have to go that far - its usually law that you have to assist Police in enquiries if a crime is committed.
Looks like the police are dragging their feet - they don't want another rioting & looting mass hysteria outbreak - oh wait that only happens if a minority is hurt.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Establish official policy that franchisee's MUST cooperate fully with the police

They dont even have to go that far - its usually law that you have to assist Police in enquiries if a crime is committed.
Looks like the police are dragging their feet - they don't want another rioting & looting mass hysteria outbreak - oh wait that only happens if a minority is hurt.

Yes. I understand. However, if it is clearly stated as corporate policy as part of the licensee contract, then they have a legal recourse to protect their brand by invalidating the licence for breach of contract. That way the corporation can distance itself, legally, from any and all lawsuits since the licensee did not properly follow their contract for that licence.

edit on 3/6/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
2019 dilemma - Friend gets assaulted, what do you do:

a) help defend him from potentially permanent physical damage.
b) pull out a camera for litigation purposes.

Are you sure it wasn’t pulled out to prevent litigation? We all know how the media would spin a situation like this if there was no evidence - heck, they’ll probably try spinning it anyway.

That said, I’m with you, friends don’t let friends get beat down, or at least try not to...

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Seems odd they would withhold the names of the employees.

Well, I guess it's the standard response these days, lawyer up and drag the companies name through the mud on social media.

Is philly a bad area? I mean all dense urban areas are wastelands to us normal folk, but is it like top 5?

Seems odd they would withhold the names of the employees.

Of course they are witholding the names of the employees because they are Africans, if this was done by white employees they would release it in a heartbeat.

Just like in Europe and Italy if an African migrant commits a crime the local media will release their names and face. But MSM would never report such crimes though.

It will be bad for their anti white agenda.
edit on 6-3-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

There is not enough in that article to even know what Taco Bell knew and when they knew it.

Offering a gift certificate is an automatic response for most companies and done before they know the details. At the time the card is offered, the company only knows what the angry person is telling them.

A story this new, you or I don't know what the outcome will be or what steps the company must take. The company needs to wait to see what the police will do also.

I think it's knee-jerk for people to say sue them, they have lots of money. I'm convinced some people have dreams of finding a way to sue a rich company or person and they project it when the see a story like this.

No way, no how is Taco Bell training or encouraging their people to assault customers outside the store.

Then you have the franchise issue. The real owner is not Taco Bell. Even so I seriously doubt the franchise owner trained or encouraged their employees to assault people.

Those who did the crime need to pay. Not anyone else.

Now if Taco Bell and the franchise owner had not fired those employees; that would be their fault but they did the exact right thing. Suing them would just be someone trying to get into their wallet.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I stopped going to Taco Bell when I realized I wanted to do this very thing to them!

Late night TB workers, the absolute cream of the crop!

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

edit on 3/6/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Blaine91555

It's not punishing the company for the actions of their employees but for how they responded to the actions of their employees. The offered a 20 dollar gift card and are refusing to cooperate in a complete legit assault case.

Had they assisted in the case and offered to pay his medical bills and a bit more to cover other expenses he might have from the incident then sure I'd agree.

Firing the employees is simply not enough. How they respond reflects on them as a business. They can do everything possible to do as little as they can to rectify the situation, but if they choose to do so, then they deserve the negative repercussions of that.

“Taco Bell was not helpful in my obtaining the people’s names so we could have them arrested so we could press charges. I gave them a little over a week and they were not responsive,” Reese said.

They would be nuts to give the names to the victim and it says not a word about them not cooperating with police. For all they know Reese might retaliate, so that was a very wise decision to make.

Eyewitness News spoke with the manager on duty at the restaurant, who would not even say if the workers shown are still employed.

That manager did the right thing. Any sane company would tell their managers to not discuss it with anyone.

Taco Bell needs to stay silent and let law enforcement handle it. Reese should get the names from the police. Taco Bell acted exactly right.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
2019 dilemma - Friend gets assaulted, what do you do:

a) help defend him from potentially permanent physical damage.
b) pull out a camera for litigation purposes.

My thought was a long those lines.

In the article the guy said “ Friends “.

Yet instead of jumping in they filmed him ?

They should’ve jumped in and I would’ve and have before .

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Looks to me like Taco Bell did the only thing they could do. They fired them. I'm not for punishing a business for actions by employees the company had no part in. It's dishonest to blame Taco Bell.

The police though, need to charge them all with assault and follow through. Punishment is their job.

It seems to me that if taco bell had enough knowledge of a crime taking place to give grounds for firing the crew then they had more than enough info to call the police and they are legally bound to contact the police in such matters otherwise they are being criminal in their actions themselves.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Taco Bell needs to stay silent and let law enforcement handle it. Reese should get the names from the police. Taco Bell acted exactly right.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

When was the last time you read a Franchise agreement. There are many outs for the Franchisor.

Whether the Master Franchisor is vicariously liable is a long stretch.

If the Corp feared a lawsuit up the chain they wouldn't even have given a gift card.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I think it's knee-jerk for people to say sue them, they have lots of money.

Thats what I dont get - ATS seems to have a large group that often talk this way. " Lawyer Up".

Is it a malaise of US society in general - wanting a huge payout rather than fair recompense?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Philadelphia Police say they are investigating not only this incident, but a second fight between a delivery person and Taco Bell employees at the same location, about the same time, just days later on March 3.

Nowhere does it say they did not cooperate with the police. If they don't have the information, how is they are not only investigating this incident, but also another? You seem to be adding things to the story that are not in the story?

The bad guys are the ones who did it. Not Taco Bell. Not the police.

I think it's very telling that people want to go after Taco Bell instead of the people who committed the crime. Like I said earlier, some have dreams of sticking it to the Man by suing a big company and don't actually care that the company did nothing.

Sadly some people want the names of the real culprits for nefarious purpose also. No doubt some scum bag would engage in doxing them and their families. The police need to handle this and they are.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I'm at a loss as to what that has to do with this topic?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Taco Bell did hire them knowing that they had probably had some kinda of criminal past.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I think it's knee-jerk for people to say sue them, they have lots of money.

Thats what I dont get - ATS seems to have a large group that often talk this way. " Lawyer Up".

Is it a malaise of US society in general - wanting a huge payout rather than fair recompense?

Yeah, it's not a good thing.

I've actually had an employee who staged an accident in a local store. He of course lied to all of us in the office and had us feeling sorry for him because he fell on a slick floor and got hurt.

I actually loaned him some money for some new tires on his car so he could quit me and take a job he wanted more. Then the next day I get a fax from his attorney for him, telling him he could no longer represent him. They had a video of him breaking a bottle of pickles on the store floor and then carefully lying down in the pickle juice and screaming for help. His attorney sent me a copy so I would know what was really going on.

This concept of getting rich by suing someone, instead of earning their own money seems to have it's adherents. I'd not be surprised if the person in this story sues Taco Bell instead of the people who did it.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

Taco Bell did hire them knowing that they had probably had some kinda of criminal past.

Do you have a link to that? What was in their criminal history? Or are you saying everyone working at a Taco Bell are violent thugs?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join