It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Bigelow & BAASS, After AATIP and on To the Stars...

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

After what happened to Lazar, it's really hard not to view all of this out of nowhere internet Elizondo skepticism as disinformation.

That's quite a leap you made there. If I'm a disinfo agent, they're certainly not paying me enough.

What happened to Lazar? He put himself out there again in 2018 - he didn't have to since his relatively straightforward yet unverifiable story hasn't changed in 30 years since he became a last-minute replacement guest for Knapp courtesy of John Lear. Because there was nothing new to reveal, the overt mess and false implications that stemmed from the unrelated FBI raid only succeeded in undermining the case further. This time last year, Bob certainly had more kudos.

If he is delegitamized, it delegitimizes everything ET and UFO.. and it turn it won't be taken seriously again for another 30 years.

If Elizondo is the topic's only hope for legitimacy (and we all hoped he WOULD succeed 19 months ago), then at least his successor in TTSA, or whatever organisation pops up next, will hopefully learn from his vast catalogue of errors.

But if legitimate criticism is itself classified as yet another conspiracy theory - ie "disinformation" - then it's simply a sign of the times, as well as indicating little hope for legitimacy in the foreseeable future anyway.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

MM has detailed Reid’s involvement throughout and there’s no need for me to retread it all. I’m not saying the your below quote is referencing Reid, but Reid is unquestionably the senator of the “senators” that is swinging at the knees regarding the latest efforts. Retired or not.

I mean, he isn't meeting with our senators, the ex head of skunkworks, and higher ups in the DoD about nonsense.

If you notice in the final episode of TTSA’s miniseries, Reid says, “KGB Putin...you best believe he’s knee-deep in this stuff and very likely way ahead of our (US) efforts” (I’m paraphrasing most of the last piece of Reid’s interview). He also mentions China likely being ahead. Moreover, in the 4th episode one of the pilot witnesses calls ‘them’ “red threats”. Food for thought.

I don’t know what Reid knows, but he sure seems less inclined to let on that these tic-tacs/foo fighter/saucers are a threat, but a means to an end — an end the Russian and Chinese government possibly have a significant advantage on. If you believe Harry Reid. Just sayin’.

What better way to counter a KGB intelligence operation than go whole hog with your very own counter-intelligence operation? Just askin’.

Most here believe — and for sound reasoning— this affair is an IC operation, amirite?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diaspar
I personally think a lot of what is in this show is produced for an audience that they think are a bit stupid (referring to the mass audience)... And by that i do not mean a low IQ

Yes, "Stupid" is a bit strong; "Ignorant" is technically more accurate - in the nicest sense of the word in terms of UFO knowledge. Eleven months ago, I was pretty ignorant about the finer points - eg Roswell and Lazar were all accepted by me since I'd last dabbled in the topic over 20 years ago. ATS changed all that in about two months, Roswell the first to be kicked out, Lazar the latest.

Before ATS, I'd have swallowed this show whole, believing and loving most of it - it looks slick; the photography is strategically moody and enticing; the narration doesn't over-do the ubiquitous OTT 'throaty' voice; there are people in uniform and ex CIA blokes talking with straight faces 'n' all. I might not even notice the dodgy acting. I'd be swinging on that hooked bait like a sated trout within two episodes, and certainly wouldn't care about those party-pooping whingers with uncomfortable questions about the finer details - such negative opinions are but droplets within the grander paddling pool that is the UFO business.

And THAT'S entertainment. So, technically, TTSA have indeed fulfilled their prime registered agenda.

edit on 8-7-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Sounds like Knapp is going back on Rogan...

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
NOTE TO The GUT

Reading back a page, I think I came across as a bit snippy concerning the NWO aspect of ufology. I didn't mean to be as flippant as it sounded, so apologies for that. I think the humour failed miserably, too.

The letters "NWO" almost make me come out in a rash, but to use a topical analogy using NWO as a fruit and Ufology as a pizza:

I don't like pineapple on my pizza; I think it may damage the flavour of the other ingredients, and my pizza's substantial enough as it is.

If someone else wants pineapple on their pizza, it's none of my business. They should indulge it as much as they want.

However, if I come crawling to them at a later date, pleading for some of that pineapple because it seems to provide the answer to what a perfect pizza should be after all, they're perfectly entitled to spit some pepperoni in my eye.

Apologies, GUT. Have a Big Mac on me.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Reid believes the foundry slag found is scientific evidence. So much for reid, he is a clown
a reply to: Cravens

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Is everyone exhausted now re TTSA and all the gang. What is next on the agenda I wonder?

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

History is firing up another series, right on the heels of Unidentified, and focused on... you guessed it.. The Alien Threat!!!!

Better Duck and Cover...

So History has not had enough just yet...

Personally, I feel the entire subject is starting to wear a little thin.. Like, to quote Mr Baggins, butter spread over too much bread..
edit on 9-7-2019 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Oh yes I did notice that one Bee. More fear!!!

Am bored to death already 😟.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep
Is everyone exhausted now re TTSA and all the gang. What is next on the agenda I wonder?

Don't know about you but I'm going to chill and sink a few of these.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
So, correct me if I'm wrong, after all the hype (that they, themselves, promoted) about big revelations and the TRUTH, all "Unidentified" reveals is something that has been know to every UFO aficionado for the past 60 years: that there are things in the sky that seem far more advanced than anything we have and that are of completely unknown origin?

No new evidence, no big revelation, nothing...at the end it was really a poor offering, even if we just consider its entertainment value.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Crusher

Disclosure is a Meme, a product that is being sold marketed to an audience that already believes. Its cyclical, its been before and it will happen again. Its like a product life cycle

As soon as it starts to decline, something "new" is introduced or the old is polished up and sold with a "New and Improved Formula".

TDL has stated before he is good at marketing and I believe he is.
They have used some of the oldest marketing models to sell their version of "Disclosure".

Create attention and Awareness to what they are doing;
Do radio shows and make odd and far out statements to get people to take notice. Claim that you have secret insiders that are working with you.

Generate Interest;
Release 3 videos of UFOs and claim that they are from the US government "which has never happended before" and take the credit and responsibility for it.

Desire;
Create an emotional connection with your audience; tell your audience you will confirm their already existing bias and that you are going to help them realise it and bring it to the wider world. Get people that are social influencers to help you introduce this desire and spread the message.

Action;
Get the audience to buy your product, books, clothing, TV shows and more importantly the "ideology" that is being sold. Become part of the movement and help them spread the word and become brand ambassadors of the company and product.
edit on p09826192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

edit on p11853192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

edit on p12847192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Crusher

But there is season 2 to come, no telling what that will include.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

It will include all of the things that weren't in the first Baa.

SCOUT UAP sightings application - which we will probably see them doing the rounds on the same MSM friendly news channels.

ADAM - they will talk about the meta materials testing that they did - albeit with 1970's techniques and how certain metals were "told they are special" so they become special lol!!

DIRDS - based episodes talking about the "how" they work and how they would theoretically go about replicating it (build a star ship?)

PUTHOFF - Talking? He didn't say a word this time around...

ITALIAN UPDATE - Should you put pineapple on pizza or not?

Going by the "first season" I think we can guarantee that none of it will be investigated or presented in a coherent or understandable format.

We can DEFINITELY expect;

More Bro Hugs
More Road Trips in the Mystery Machine
More F18's Taking off from Carriers
More Drone footage of random suburbs
More Threats
More Incoherent nonsensical uninvestigated unexplained Polo's
More Blurry Videos
More Bovine Excrement

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

Don't know about you but I'm going to chill and sink a few of these.

I haven't watched any of these time sink episodes, but would like to anyone who has, are you any the wiser now?

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24474334]Hyperboles[/post

Does anyone on here appear wiser for having watched all 6 episodes?

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

After reading all that Pigs am building me a ship and am off.

More drama, people waiting for more scraps, then there will be season 3.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

More Bro Hugs
More Road Trips in the Mystery Machine
More F18's Taking off from Carriers
More Drone footage of random suburbs
More Threats
More Incoherent nonsensical uninvestigated unexplained Polo's
More Blurry Videos
More Bovine Excrement

More Motorbikes
More Tattoos
More Base Caps
More Partial Cloverleaf Intersections
More Commercial Breaks
More NDAs
More Excitement
More Jumpiness
More ... More
More
More PANIC!

Maybe More Purple Moss for the outro?

"I talk like It hurts to talk."

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
i see you guys say more this more that,but something tells me its gonna be the same ol clothes.Yep that was a below the belt hit.Last episode of unidentified didnt end with a bang but with a firecracker.What a load of crap it was.And theres season 2 methinks.more threats more xcom more tdl hype

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Offtopic @The GUT

My friend i just saw your u2u and replied.Sorry for the delay but i didnt get a notification about it.Again sorry for the delay

new topics

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join