It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empire star involved in possible hate hoax?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hate Hoax? Lefty Actor Claims Trump-Supporting Homophobic Bigots Carrying Bleach and Rope Beat His Ass at 2 AM in Chicago

“Empire” star Jussie Smollett, 35, claims he was brutally beaten by 2 white Trump supporters in ski masks at 2 AM in Chicago.
Smollett claims he was walking to Subway to get something to eat at 2 AM when 2 white men wearing ski masks put his head in a noose, poured bleach on him and screamed, “This is MAGA country!”
According to TMZ, someone also yelled, “Aren’t you that fag*ot ‘Empire’ nig*er?”

There have been several hoaxed hate crimes recently (such as the Covington incident), but this one is so over-the-top absurd, it's almost impossible that it isn't a hoax. Right away, I wonder about the following points:

* Who on earth would call Chicago "MAGA country"? Seriously, name just one person who would say this.
* Why the hell was Smollett walking to a Subway sandwich shop at 2AM?
* Why would white supremacists (even assuming there are any nearby) be out at 2AM?
* Do you have any idea how cold it is in Chicago right now? That makes it all the less likely that any of the above people would venture out at night.
* Why do these white supremacists have a noose and (of all the random things) bleach on them?
* Who the heck cares this much about Jussie Smollett anyway?

Then we learn that Fox Studios got what was supposedly hate mail for Smollett:

Jussie Smollett then took himself to Northwestern Memorial where he was treated and discharged Tuesday morning, TMZ reported.
A letter was reportedly sent to Fox Studios in Chicago with letters cut out from magazines that spelled, “You will die black f*g.” (screenshot below)

Take a moment and look at the envelope. It looks like a child drew it. So, now we're supposed to assume that these guys deliberately tracked down Smollett and ambushed him, then sent a letter that looks like a 7-year-old made it after watching a cheesy old mystery on cable?

Thinking about it for a moment, if you're going to get doused with bleach, the most likely place by far is in someone's home.

That in mind, I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that this is what really happened: Smollett picked up someone in a bar or club and went home with them. (I don't know if he's really gay or not, nor do I care.) He gets into a fight with this person, or perhaps a friend of this person, and Smollett gets bleach thrown on him. He needs to go to the hospital, but to cover up what happened he concocts this fictional hate crime, basically off the top of his head, not realizing how utterly unbelievable it is before it's too late.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Tawana Brawley immediately comes to mind here...

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Empire? The same show of the Black woman, who's son was pulled over? He had a bunch of pills but the cop STILL let him go, but claims he was a mean ole cop? That show? Yea it is.. Racist cast to have a 2nd incident.
edit on 29-1-2019 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

kdvr.com...
edit on 29-1-2019 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

They're not all there in the head. Every hoax that we hear about always involves a liberal trying to play victim.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What part of Chicago was he in?

The part of the cities where white peoples don’t go? The white no go zones in black Chicago?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I will wait for more info to come out before I start yelling hoax.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I don’t really know, but I do know that when I read it my B.S. alarms were going off.

We will see.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
There is just so much wrong with this story I don't even know where to begin. I think the real story is that he might have gotten caught up in a drug buy gone wrong or maybe gay prostitute and needed some cover for his injuries.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I don't know about you all but I always wear a ski mask with my MAGA hat.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Not sure about the hoax angle.

Just a little north of Chicago is a place very known for white supremacists.
Even when it is cold, people are still out getting food, getting groceries, going to bars etc.

I was in the Chicago area at Home Depot. Just little ol' me buying some home fixin stuff. A random man yelled at me to go back across the border.

Little did he know my family has been here since the 1600's, our name is in the Smithsonian as a founding family, and we even have a park named after us, and that I am part Iroquois, basically it pretty much doesn't
get more American than me.

The guy just saw my dark hair and incorrectly assumed I was hispanic. I don't look hispanic at all by the way. This just goes to show, this stuff does happen. Luckily my husband was there and this dude got to see the one time in my husband life where he almost morphed into wolverine. Seriously, my husbands voice and eyes changed and he yelled at the guy and the guy and his wife took off.

I don't doubt hoaxes are done for political reasons, but I do know for a fact there are some racists (that do random things) in the Chicago area. I've experienced it first hand.

edit on 29-1-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Tawana Brawley immediately comes to mind here...

wasn't that the girl who cut her hair, covered herself in feces, wrote the words "KKK", "'n-word'", and "bitch" on her torso with charcoal, crawled into a garbage bag and claimed six white men, at least one of whom, she said, was a police officer sexually assaulted her?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
There is just so much wrong with this story I don't even know where to begin. I think the real story is that he might have gotten caught up in a drug buy gone wrong or maybe gay prostitute and needed some cover for his injuries.

For sure, there's a real story that Smollett doesn't want to admit to. It's such a totally "Hollywood" incident with the cardboard-cutout stereotype attackers and the letter with the clipped-out words. It doesn't even remotely sound like something that would happen in the real world.

Also, let's be real for a moment: How many white supremacists do you think watch Empire?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Who's going to believe a black man was beaten in chicago?
Oh wait.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Shot, yes definitely
It is Chiraq we are posting about?

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Chicago is very dangerous, lots of crazy white guys running around out there doing all sorts of bad things.

Just watch the local news....every night you got yourself a jed or skeeter going hog wild all over that there little city.

Dangerous place, they're just roaming around the streets at 2AM with bleech and rope in hand. Totally seems legit.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Who's going to believe a black man was beaten in chicago?
Oh wait.

The two places I'd believe almost anything would be #1 Atlanta, #2 Chicago.
Some of the crazy stuff I've seen with my own eyes..

Edit to add actually the entire state of Florida takes #1 spot

edit on 29-1-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Try Saint Louis/east Saint Louis

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

www.chicagotribune.com...
Hate crimes happen in Chicago

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: JAGStorm

Try Saint Louis/east Saint Louis

I've never had any issues in St. Louis, been there a few times.
When a friend got her phone stolen in St. Louis the thieves were quite nice about it, so St Louis gets props for that!

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Hmmmm, So the "Racist attackers" watch Empire enough to know that guy is on it??????

Not passing the sniff test on that one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join