It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Politics live (Rolling updates)

Delivering his statement just now, Lidington further told MPs:

The second document is a joint statement supplementing the political declaration, which outlines a number of commitments by the United Kingdom and the European Union to enhance and expedite the process of negotiating and bringing into force the future relationship – for example, it makes reference to the possibility of provisional application of such future agreement – and it sets out in detail how the specific negotiating track on alternative arrangements will operate.

Negotiations are continuing and the government will provide an update to the House at the earliest opportunity should there be further changes.

More meaningless waffle as the clock ticks down
this is dire brinkmanship

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

Got to agree, that's a particularly eloquent piece of rhetoric with some impressive words and phrases but all fluff and absolutely nothing of substance.

Anyone who thinks this is going to end up as anything other than a massive sell-out and something that is in fact the worst of both worlds heavily weighted in the EU's favour must be either incredibly naïve or delusional, or both.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Cassi3l

Got to agree, that's a particularly eloquent piece of rhetoric with some impressive words and phrases but all fluff and absolutely nothing of substance.

Anyone who thinks this is going to end up as anything other than a massive sell-out and something that is in fact the worst of both worlds heavily weighted in the EU's favour must be either incredibly naïve or delusional, or both.

It's non binding promises from untrustworthy people, worthless. We are going to be sold out.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: justwokeup
May is a Remainer, leading a cabinet with Remainers selected for the top jobs being advised by a civil service that wants above all to remain. The majority of Tories in parliament wants remain. The opposition wants to Remain. The state broadcaster wants to Remain.

It'll be Mays 'surrender and pay to be trapped in purgatory' deal, or an extension and another ref.
If we get a proper leave it'll be pure miscalculation on all sides. Regardless faith in British democracy lies in ruin.

Never a truer word said and the majority of 'ordinary' people are NOT

being represented.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
From May's statement

...Third, alongside the joint instrument on the withdrawal agreement, the United Kingdom government will make a unilateral declaration that, if the backstop comes into use and discussions on our future relationship break down so that there is no prospect of subsequent agreement, it is the position of the United Kingdom that there would be nothing to prevent the UK instigating measures that would ultimately disapply the backstop....

Hard border logique
Good Friday agreement kaput

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Former Australian PM calls Brexit trade plan ‘utter bollocks’

“I’m struck, as the British parliament moves towards the endgame on Brexit, with the number of times Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and India have been advanced by the Brexiteers in the public debate as magical alternatives to Britain’s current trade and investment relationship with the European Union,” he wrote. Think the Commonwealth can save Brexit Britain? That’s an utter delusion “This is the nuttiest of the many nutty arguments that have emerged from the Land of Hope and Glory set now masquerading as the authentic standard-bearers of British patriotism. It’s utter bollocks.” Of the prospect of a free trade deal with Delhi, he writes: “As for India, good luck!”

edit on 12-3-2019 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Why should we care about a washed up Australian politician's opinion?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Because they are self important blowhards.
Seems their ideas are upside down.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I bet ye any money that the price of Lube will stay the same , because the government are going to need a lot of it
for continually humping us over a barrel

or maybe they wont give us the benefit of lube and just dry # us to death !

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Satire

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Oh dear:

BBC: Attorney General legal risk of backstop remains same

Looks like the ERG will not be voting for May's "deal" now. Looks doomed for sure.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Dublin wins as financial firms leave UK ahead of Brexit

Over 275 financial firms are moving a combined $1.2 trillion in assets and funds and thousands of staff from Britain to the European Union in readiness for Brexit at a cost of up to $4 billion.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I was listening to the attorney general today , and that man is good at his job from what I can understand

in his reply to jacob rees mogg , I think at the 13:25:46 time stamp

he states why the UK can leave the EU if it doesnt meet the original requirements

and I thought well that is exactly how Scotland can leave the UK

If you listen to what he says I immediately thought of our own political Union !

Although I am probably wrong , I cant remember the exact legality of it but it was surrounding the right of a sovereign nation to leave a voluntary Union if the agreement of the union doesn't meet their democratic priorities to their citizens

I would need to listen again and get the actual statement verbatim !

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

i have not listened to it yet.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

today was pretty interesting it was refreshing to hear the legality of brexit explained so well!

I felt that for once I've actually learned something from parliament which is a rare occurrence
edit on 12-3-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

We don't need permission from May to hold a referendum. The People of Scotland are sovereign. The SNP with a majority vote could even call UDI. A unilateral declaration of Independence and there is # all Westminster legally could do about it.

But we know from the past how Westminster and in particular MI6 and other security forces behave. If they were prepared to shoot up a primary school in Beleeks NI then we know they have no limits as to what they would do with Scotland.
British intelligence plotted a massacre at Catholic school, Glenanne Gang man tells film

edit on 12-3-2019 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
We don't need permission from May to hold a referendum.

You do. Or rather a legal referendum cannot be held in Scotland without consent. The popularist Scottish nationalists should give it a try. Given that such an act would disturb the Scots who don't want another referendum, or even independence, it would prove a complicated thing to do.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Aye , the general attorneys statement basically outlined that a sovereign nation doesnt need permission to leave a voluntary union!

Oh shoot up schools you say

dunblane massacre 1996
scottish devolution 1997

100 year ban

maybe a reach but from what you just linked , is it that far fetched ?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

we do not ! as attested by the attorney general today in parliament!
I may not have understood it correctly so I am willing to admit I maybe wrong
but the jist I got was that if the UK can leave the EU as a group of sovereign nations without permission
then it stands to reason that Scotland can leave the UK union!

based on the fact that the original union agreements had changed this gives us reason to leave !

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join