It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I was summing things up in my mind and came to the conclusion that the most important single event that will ultimately lead to a "no deal" Brexit was Theresa May's failure (for whatever reason) to resign after the historic rejection of her Brexit deal by Parliament. I think if she had resigned we would have had another course of action and not the running down of the clock that we are seeing.

We may have had an extension of Article 50, its withdrawal, a vote of no confidence and an election, or some such.

Essentially Tory Party politics have kept her (there is nobody else) in power, which means that the UK is going to go over Niagara Falls in a pork barrel.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

the UK is going to go over Niagara Falls in a pork barrel.

Closely followed by the EU, perhaps?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

Essentially Tory Party politics have kept her (there is nobody else) in power, which means that the UK is going to go over Niagara Falls in a pork barrel.

Hmmn.....

Eurozone crisis: German output slumps AGAIN - fears grow for bloc’s largest economy
GERMAN industrial output surprisingly fell in December for the fourth consecutive month, putting the eurozone on high alert and increasing concerns around Europe’s biggest economy.
The latest data from the country’s Federal Statistics Office revealed industrial output was down 0.4 percent on November. This was in complete contrast to a forecast from Reuters for an increase of 0.7 percent. Industrial output was also down 3.9 percent on the same month a year earlier.

The Federal Statistics Office said the motor sector -vital to Germany’s economy but has been a drag because new emissions standards translated into fewer new vehicle registrations - rebounded as output rose more than seven percent.
The figure total for November was revised up to a fall of 1.3 percent from a previously reported drop of 1.9 percent.
Thomas Gitzel of VP Bank Group, warned not to expect an upturn in the German economy anytime soon.
He said: "A positive GDP reading in the fourth quarter of 2018 now looks tight.

It is the latest in a series of blows for Germany’s economy - valued at £3trillion - as it struggles to rebound from struggles in 2018.

Last week, the country’s manufacturing sector plunged into contraction territory, dropping to 49.7 points in January from 51.1 in December, according to the latest figures from IHS Markit.

On Wednesday, Deutsche Bank warned the country’s economy is under serious threat of hurtling towards recession.

Germany’s largest lender expects Eurozone’s largest economy to contract further during this quarter, with new business surveys pointing towards souring moods at companies and worsening expectations for new orders.

Deutsche Bank economists, including Sebastian Becker, wrote in a report: “The start of the German economy into 2019 has been a major disappointment so far.
“The development of several key cyclical indicators is telling us that the German economy is drifting towards recession right now.”

www.express.co.uk...

I think they may be going over the Niagara falls first.

edit on 13-2-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I understand that even that well known prophet of Brexit Doom the Bank of England are forecasting UK growth to be better than Germany's post Brexit.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: eletheia

I understand that even that well known prophet of Brexit Doom the Bank of England are forecasting UK growth to be better than Germany's post Brexit.

OOOOOH...... You dont mean Mark Carney do you?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Clearly, the governor of the BoE is economically clueless!

Or, if I want to be kinder (and I don't), maybe a little schizoid.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

Clearly, a Scotch Egg short of a picnic, if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
I was summing things up in my mind and came to the conclusion that the most important single event that will ultimately lead to a "no deal" Brexit was Theresa May's failure (for whatever reason) to resign after the historic rejection of her Brexit deal by Parliament. I think if she had resigned we would have had another course of action and not the running down of the clock that we are seeing.

We may have had an extension of Article 50, its withdrawal, a vote of no confidence and an election, or some such.

Why should she have resigned? I don't think you understand UK politics.

No one else wants her job at the moment and Corbyn cannot even agree with Kier Starmer what Labour's policy on Brexit might be.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
How much can we charge for scotch eggs being exported ?
do we only make them in scotland ?

Can we use the champagne /vodka ruling and ensure that they are genuine and charge an arm and a leg ? lol

edit a deceiving title, so looks like they were aptly named as some soldiers made them in the scots guard in London
other source say William J Scott & Sons of London made them.

edit on 13-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: ipsedixit

the UK is going to go over Niagara Falls in a pork barrel.

Closely followed by the EU, perhaps?

well the mortality rate is 25%

plus if these thing survive then we may stand a chance hahah

things that have went over niagra falls

1901 – On October 24, Annie Edson Taylor went over the falls in a barrel. She was mostly unharmed, but exited the barrel bleeding.[8]

So we may just come out with a bloody nose
edit on 13-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Oh, they are nasty smelly things.

Stuff taking them anywhere near a picnic. LoL

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well, we can at least agree on that. Vodka OK?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Oh aye, Smirnoff Black Label, if your offering.

Ile bring the appetizers.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
interactive.news.sky.com...
Will this still be occurring if no deal is reached?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I think the time and date is set, no matter the deal.

The EU might be willing to give us time to revoke Article 50, but i don't see them giving us an extension to arse around any further.
edit on 13-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

if its legal then invoking article 50 means Scotland invoke their article 30 legally !

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

What's legal for some is not always legal for the rest through.

Especially where "There" type is concerned.

Just need to wait and see what happens i suppose.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Sod the appetizers, just bring more Smirnoff.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join