It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well, this is going to put the cat amongst the pigeons!
Only just published by the Indie 2 hours ago....no doubt as a counter threat to no-deal Brexit and the Irish 'backstop'.
....it's all in the small print, and 'backstop' is a deflection of sorts...
Brussels says UK should continue to pay into EU after no-deal

Laughing Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

so a no deal we go out but we still pay into the eu beyond 2019 , well we really have #ed it !

at this point someone else should just come along and tell our government they are terrible and are not fit to lead anyone!

abandon the whole thing , and tell the EU we are reforming our government because the whole system is #ed and they can just bide their time until we get a govanernment who actually takes action instead of point scoring in the party system . Once we have a new government we work on a new deal !

in the US they shutdown government and everyone seems to be ok with it , why cant we do something similar shut it down and get rid of these clowns

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Brussels said this last week but only published this afternoon? I cannot help but wonder how many other embargo's are in place?

Brussels are referring to contracted arrangements and refer to 'grants' for agriculture. When many are fully aware, CAP is all about the EU paying British farmers to not farm, we can see this is all bluff and bluster bull#.

As nett contributors, we can use the savings of not paying in to protect our research programmes, ensure students complete their educations and assist farmers in bringing land back into production. And still have some money left to prevent and reduce malnutrition, child poverty and deaths of people living on the streets.

Given all the deflection and secret reporting embargo's, I think the UK should just walk away. Let the EU, any of it's emissary or commercial elements that believe we owe them something, pursue their self perceived interests in the correct legal form and sue us.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

Would that not result in lots of lengthy legal battles costing everyone involved lots of money delaying the process further and thus disabling those businesses from operating as normal ?

all the while the economy nose dives into freefall and we are no better of either way ?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

We'll see what happens when they start laying off German car workers.....they'll soon come running and begging!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: djz3ro

We do not have a Government. We do not have a PM capable of providing the country with leadership. We have a desperate PM clinging to power, trying to keep her shattered party together, despite the fact that it is fundamentally divided about what on earth to do about the Brexit vote, something that occurred more than two and a half years ago now. We are now an international laughing stock.

I find it really scary this bunch of bawbags are the ones to lead us through Brexit. They should be removed from power for dragging Britain en mass into their internal fighting over EU.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

It's not the UK that needs to worry about the economy diving!

Seriously, it is EU projecting their fears onto us, drumming up the scare tactics, winding up the Irish, using threat narratives, generally behaving like headless chickens.

In the main, Brexiters' are quietly awaiting British government to prove democracy is not dead.

As to clogging up courts, what courts? Let the EU sue the UK, they do not even know how to prevent their nightmare of a UK-less EU without trying to terrorise us into submission let alone know which courts would hear their case/s.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I've actually got a grudging respect for May. She is proving herself the only current Parliamentarian with any spine - which, im sure all will agree, is a pre requisite for negotiating this minefield.

If you watch any of the debates in Parliament, she looks pretty much constantly exasperated with everyone pulling in different directions.....and then moaning at her at a lack of consensus!

Maybe it's just me, but i just wish the rest would start doing the job they were elected to do.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

I've actually got a grudging respect for May. She is proving herself the only current Parliamentarian with any spine - which, im sure all will agree, is a pre requisite for negotiating this minefield.

If you watch any of the debates in Parliament, she looks pretty much constantly exasperated with everyone pulling in different directions.....and then moaning at her at a lack of consensus!

Maybe it's just me, but i just wish the rest would start doing the job they were elected to do.

I don't. I no longer trust a damn word that comes from her mouth. She was adamant that we would not get a snap election in 2017 - until she turned around and announced one. She announced that there would be a vote on Brexit in December. She lied on that too. Every step of the way she has obfuscated, waffled, used a thousand words to say nothing and generally been caught in the maelstrom of her own party and it's internal warfare. Everything about her now screams that she has no idea what to do.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

hahahha thats a belter !

I posted in the other thread but speaking of votes

Scottish parliament vote on second independence referendum
edit on 30-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

As I understand it, and I find it all very confusing, the vote against a "no deal" is not binding, although Corbyn will no doubt say it should be.

Unless the EU blinks on the back stop or slimy Remainer MP's sabotage Brexit it looks likely that we will get a no deal. I can't see the Country putting up with postponing the thing.

Indeed, where is Guy Fawkes when you need him?

It's a sad state of affairs indeed, i don't see how anyone could vote either of the big two parties after this...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Well, this is going to put the cat amongst the pigeons!
Only just published by the Indie 2 hours ago....no doubt as a counter threat to no-deal Brexit and the Irish 'backstop'.
....it's all in the small print, and 'backstop' is a deflection of sorts...
Brussels says UK should continue to pay into EU after no-deal

Laughing Rainbows
Jane

12. The United Kingdom’s exit from and new partnership with the European Union.

Funding commitments already made by this Government All European Structural
and Investment Funds (ESIFs) projects signed, or with funding agreements that were in place before
the Autumn Statement 2016, will be fully funded, even when these projects continue beyond the
UK’s departure from the EU. This includes agri-environment schemes under the
Common Agricultural Policy (CAP).

For projects signed after the Autumn Statement 2016 and which continue after we have left the EU,
HM Treasury will honour funding for projects if they provide strong value for money and are in line
with domestic strategic priorities.

For bids made directly to the Commission by UK organisations (including for Horizon 2020, the EU’s research
and innovation programme and in funds for health and education), institutions, universities and businesses
should continue to bid for funding. We will work with the Commission to ensure payment when funds are awarded.
HM Treasury will underwrite the payment of such awards, even when specific projects continue beyond the UK’s
departure from the EU.
HM Treasury has also provided a guarantee to the agricultural sector that it will receive the same level of

funding that it would have received under Pillar 1 of CAP until the end of the Multiannual Financial Framework
in 2020.
In the case of the devolved administrations, we are offering the same level of reassurance as we are offering
to UK government departments in relation to programmes they administer, but for which they expected to rely on
EU funding.
The Government will consult closely with stakeholders to review all EU funding schemes in the round, to ensure
any ongoing funding commitments best serve the UK’s national interests.

this was a preamble of legal certainty regarding leaving the e.u. created some years ago by mrs may's government.

f.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

have developed a grudging respect for her.
I can't think of another current politician who would have stuck with it as she has done. They would have walked away like the rat Cameron did.
She has been insistent on seeing Brexit through despite her being a passionate Remainer.

If she walked away we would have no PM and she would go down in history as a coward...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Not much difference between being remembered as a coward or a daft inept cow that could not seem to organize a raffle nevermind actually propose and implement a workable Brexit solution.

Mrs Mays about as much use as a chocolate teapot really.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I believe Mrs May is running down the clock...
I approve muchly

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

like the shot clock ? so are we waiting for her to score ?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Can you imagine the chaos if she resigned and no-one was willing to take up the mantle?

It'd show the whole system up to be the out of date, unfit for purpose it is and the current batch of MP's as the spineless snivelling #s they are!

I'm absolutely certain we could get a broad spectrum of UK members from ATS who could do a far better job of negotiating Brexit and leading this great nation forward in a progressive, compassionate and competitive manner than any of those self-centred, egotistical, self-aggrandising scum currently infesting Westminster!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Can you imagine the chaos if she resigned and no-one was willing to take up the mantle?

It'd show the whole system up to be the out of date, unfit for purpose it is and the current batch of MP's as the spineless snivelling #s they are!

I'm absolutely certain we could get a broad spectrum of UK members from ATS who could do a far better job of negotiating Brexit and leading this great nation forward in a progressive, compassionate and competitive manner than any of those self-centred, egotistical, self-aggrandising scum currently infesting Westminster!

best post on the whole thread!

Rainbws
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join