It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Damn, I had a good meme for that and I can't find it. Too sore and tired to keep looking. LOL

I'm taking Tylenol on top of my pain med. Wish pixie drinks were real or that I was really an Elf. Oh well, I can dream. Yes, I can.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Nyiah

Was out that way to the mother-in-laws earlier. Almost the whole area was dark.

Now everything has frozen again and you can hear the branches cackle in the breeze.

I know they're doing their best to get everything back on/fixed, but it's still amazing to note that there's still 30,000+ people (most centered in the metro right here around you & me) without power and some won't get it back on til tomorrow night, assuming no setbacks. It's really gotta suck to be a business owner around here the last week and a half, winter gave 'em a big middle finger this season so far.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Damn, I had a good meme for that and I can't find it. Too sore and tired to keep looking. LOL

I'm taking Tylenol on top of my pain med. Wish pixie drinks were real or that I was really an Elf. Oh well, I can dream. Yes, I can.

You'll always be our elf!!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Awww. Wish I could send you healing pixies, Night.

Yawwn, bed time.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

The plow and salt business has been booming.

Everyone else, not so much between the snow, ice and flooding.

Ahhh pure Michigan.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Awwww, so sweet!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   

The plow and salt business has been booming.

Everyone else, not so much between the snow, ice and flooding.

Ahhh pure Michigan.

As far as Portland's concerned, more like Ahhh, pure bulls#. I know you can't really accurately predict, let alone control an ice jam, but that was just rubbing salt in the wound. Mother Nature seems to have it out for them any season of the year.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Some Winters suck worse than others. Looks like this Winter hasn't been too good for you guys. We can send an army with blow torches to melt that ice, or hair dryers or something.

My Back is screaming at me, so I shall be quiet now. Going to bed soon. Hugs to everyone!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Thank you Lone! Sweet dreams!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   

It jams up fairly often. That's why they all have their buildings pretty high up if you've ever been there.

I only feel a little bad though, same with the folks along the Grand. It floods almost every year.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

It jams up fairly often. That's why they all have their buildings pretty high up if you've ever been there.

I only feel a little bad though, same with the folks along the Grand. It floods almost every year.

I haven't been out there yet, but I've been out to Lowell and seen how it's built around the river there, so I can imagine Portland looks similar.

I don't understand what makes people willingly live on the flood plains along rivers, especially ones that flood regularly. If it ain't on stilts, it's getting wet, lol, and people still bitch and moan when it happens.

Then again, any basement can flood if it's not properly sealed even on high ground, so neither here nor there, I guess.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

"Still Game" is adding to my vocabulary even when I don't know what they are saying. "Da weather ees pesh"
Hugs

THAT could be the Scots National Anthem!

"20 hrs up"? You need the phrase:
"This is me since Yesterday!"

Maybe we should start a new Word Of The Week type of item.... Scottish Phrase of The Day or something?

"She could talk the hin' legs aff a donkey." would be good....

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Beggorah !

SP :

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Back into lurk mode ...

Donuts are thin on the ground !

Jacy !!!

🐷

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Beggorah !

SP :

That's Irish, not Scottish.

"Lang may yer lum reek"
(I had tae google it!)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Good day people of the Shedlands!

As I was making coffee earlier, I happened to glance out the window and saw 3 squirrels with a burst of energy running around the yard and up into the trees. I would be happy with a quarter of that energy. LOL

It was hard to step away as I was really enjoying their play time. I love seeing the squirrels and birds, the sky and trees. Ah yes, the longing for Spring is strong.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Hello, hope you are well!

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Hello Brent! I hope you are well too. I'm always tired for some reason, but relaxed and feeling well aside from that. Thank you!

I was just about to have a late lunch as I haven't had breakfast and am quite hungry so I will see what I can throw together.

I just told my amazing miraculous story about the loss of a pet rat I had in another thread. I miss that little girl. I know some people find rats creepy, but there is nothing creepy about them.

I will poke around youtube while having lunch. I hate to plan on doing much of anything because I never know when I will actually do those things. Things do get accomplished, I'm just not sure when that will be.

And you? What will you be doing?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I had 2 pet rats when younger. (I became their new owner after house residents left.) One of which I would let nestle under my coat while I went to the shops, or outside. The looks on peoples faces was priceless.

Imagine a 20 year-old crusty in an (british) old and worn army combat jacket (my Dads jacket from when he was in the army), long hair, holes in his jeans (yes, you could see my underpants from the right angle) and hair down to my butt with a rats head peeking out near my neck.

"Don't worry people!" Just like spiders, it's all about unnatural fears.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

At the moment just watching some gameplay videos for a game I might get. It's about killing zombies

new topics

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join