It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrant Meme circulating

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yes, I heard that as well. But to be impartial, that is and has been a conservative meme for quite a while.
It is harder to imagine that someone planning to do this would publisize it then it is to consider that it is just a conservatives way of bashing the inhumanity of other people.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Oh I've certainly noticed none of them are starving however I still cant help but feel empathy for the plight of someone who is forced to do something regrettable against their will. In this case as I said children and vulnerable women.

I had not heard that report of women leaving their children and in fact I find it to be an awful disgraceful thing to do, to say the least. There are certainly no words to describe the pain one feels with the shoe on the other foot, poor kids.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

It looks like they left most of the women behind in the "violence" though.

A reoccuring thing for sure.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The questions you must be asking is who is feeding them? Who is giving them water? Who is sheltering them?
None of them look like they are starving and as any army general will tell you (this mass of people) an army marches on its stomach.
They don't seem to be suffering at all because they have the energy to riot after walking this vast distance and don't say it's through desperation.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Look at how it has happened in Europe. The syrian war refugees although it was a dangerous journey arrived here, too. It´s not like they have nothing. They will pack what they can bear and trade stuff against water and food.

Some locals may give them stuff so they leave quick. Water does not need to be bottled, there are things like wells. You only really need water, you can survive a long time without any food. If you can supplement with natural growing stuff you won´t starve that fast.

Try heal-fastening, 10 days no problem although it makes you weak.

But that all being said, I just don´t understand the young men or fathers leaving their families in poverty or a dangerous war zone. I mean, the natural response if my family was threatened is of course to run thousands of kilometres to get help.

"hold fast, I´m getting help!".

Disclaimer: War refugees != financial driven imigrants.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
The questions you must be asking is who is feeding them? Who is giving them water? Who is sheltering them?
None of them look like they are starving and as any army general will tell you (this mass of people) an army marches on its stomach.
They don't seem to be suffering at all because they have the energy to riot after walking this vast distance and don't say it's through desperation.

They don't look as if they have been sleeping in their cloths either!!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: JAGStorm

I don't know about you, but that doesn't look like women and children to me, that sure does look like a lot, and I mean a lot of able bodied (young) men!

www.theguardian.com...

Same with the migrants going to Europe: overwhelmingly young men, with only the occasional woman or child to be found.
Truth is they're mostly just common economic migrants, with only a tiny percentage who may actually be legitimate refugees.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter
You don't get it. The logistics of feeding that many people is not the locals giving them food to hurry them away. The locals might, I say might, have enough food for a few people but we're talking hundreds at one time. They are NOT living off the land, so who's feeding them?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

a reply to: verschickter
You don't get it. The logistics of feeding that many people is not the locals giving them food to hurry them away. The locals might, I say might, have enough food for a few people but we're talking hundreds at one time. They are NOT living off the land, so who's feeding them?

Didn't Jesus manage to feed the 5,000 ?

OOP's wrong deity .......

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Anyone who can walk three grueling months with a child to escape violence and want a better life might want to consider using that strength and willpower to fix their own country.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

LOL...they call it art. The master pieces on the sidewalks.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It doesn't matter if there are ten thousand violent young men shaking a gate, you can bet that msm will be showing either a woman or child being hurt in the process or shot at by border control or the military. I'd put money on that!

The dead border baby! We will have to let them all in if that happens. I can't wait.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
a reply to: JAGStorm

Venezuela protests: 200,000 march against President Maduro as riots and looting spread across country

Life in Venezuela, One Year After the Protests

Again, not defending the nastiness that is the caravan, just reminding many that some of those trying to get here are truly destitute and want better and don't have the money or opportunity to do things the legal way where fees are well beyond their ability to pay.

Thanks for that article. One interesting bit that I especially loved is this, this young lady understand how it works.
It may be uncomfortable for a little while, but those that fight for their country I give my deepest respect!

I stay here because I was born here—my life is here, my family. I do not criticize those who left, but for me to leave is to leave a space free for the regime and let it win.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Really the questions you must be asking is who is who is giving them cash?

Honduran migrants paid in cash
0:59

Footage in Honduras giving cash 2 women & children 2 join the caravan & storm the US border. Posted to Twitter by Rep. Matt Gaetz 10/17/2018

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Funded,
fed,
clothed.

I can't say I know for sure who is funding this, but I can say for sure that their motives are political, and they've got deep pockets.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
Easy, I did not say there are definitly no "powers" at work that would give them support.

I was merely pointing out that the act in itself isn´t impossible. We that amount of people arriving dayl or overnight at the Bavarian border in Germany..

They traveled over 2600km. The bavarians had 10k arrive over night at some rush hour days at their border.

And Bavaria is like 40times smaller than the USA. Germany is 19 times smaller. Just saying, go figure.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

So this meme is circulating on Social media. I've seen it at least a dozen times.
My question is, if migrants have so much fortitude to walk for 3 months for a "better life", why can't they use that energy to make their own country a better place?

Speaking as the son of an 'illegal' refugee, I think that's a question you should explore on your own, rather than ask to have it laid out for you.
Granted, all my father had to do was swim a river, then start from scratch.

Are you inviting these invaders to Canadia? Because that would solve the problem for everyone. Thanks for being so helpful.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I suppose it's not like the rest of us have fo start from scratch eh ? I was 19 when I left home to make a life for myself, without anyone's help. So what then makes your plight better than mine? The amount of media you will get vs me because your father was an illegal immigrant as you stated. Dont get me started on the hand outs galore for those who do immigrate legally, still putting everyone else forward but their own natural born citizens here in this country. That doesnt mean anything about colour either, if you were born here, good luck getting anything from the government but if you immigrated here, well you're in luck buddy heres a free education paid for by me among other things.
My being the son of an illegal is secondary. What is important is for the OP to examine what the circumstances are that have led people to leave their homes in the first place. And why it might be out of their hands to do anything about them. I've been to Honduras. Lotta guns.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

So this meme is circulating on Social media. I've seen it at least a dozen times.
My question is, if migrants have so much fortitude to walk for 3 months for a "better life", why can't they use that energy to make their own country a better place?

Speaking as the son of an 'illegal' refugee, I think that's a question you should explore on your own, rather than ask to have it laid out for you.
Granted, all my father had to do was swim a river, then start from scratch.

Are you inviting these invaders to Canadia? Because that would solve the problem for everyone. Thanks for being so helpful.
Is that what you took from my comment? Did I stutter?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I suppose it's not like the rest of us have fo start from scratch eh ? I was 19 when I left home to make a life for myself, without anyone's help. So what then makes your plight better than mine? The amount of media you will get vs me because your father was an illegal immigrant as you stated. Dont get me started on the hand outs galore for those who do immigrate legally, still putting everyone else forward but their own natural born citizens here in this country. That doesnt mean anything about colour either, if you were born here, good luck getting anything from the government but if you immigrated here, well you're in luck buddy heres a free education paid for by me among other things.
My being the son of an illegal is secondary. What is important is for the OP to examine what the circumstances are that have led people to leave their homes in the first place. And why it might be out of their hands to do anything about them. I've been to Honduras. Lotta guns.

What does a lotta guns have to do with it.

The problem is more likely a lotta bad people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join