It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 191
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm going to get my laundry started and start cooking. Be back soon.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Sorry...was on the phone. My friend Belinda is also sick and like you it goes straight to pneumonia. So she is feeling yucky and wanted to talk...I told her to call her doctor first thing in the morning.

Regarding your congestion, I don't know if you've ever tried this...it's old fashioned natural help. A bowl/pot of steaming hot water...put your face over it with a towel over your head (to make a tent). Breathing the steam can help clear some of the congestion. It works better if you have Vick's VapoRub and throw a spoonful into the hot water.

I'm really sorry that you're feeling so awful and are alone. Drink warm fluids...try to rest.
Sending you my love and some hugs...useless, utterly useless...but well intended!

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Sending you my love and some hugs...useless, utterly useless...but well intended!

You are lucky I am not coherent. Your love and hugs are always appreciated and felt. Remember that.
I know you, we know each other.
As for the advise, I am one of those odd people who react adversely to steam/dampness and heat. That is why it was so hard at work. Steam and heat. I cough like a crazy person. No dampness.

Vicks, I will go find that at least it smells good.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

lol...okay, no steam tent for you. But yes, please use the Vick's.

I suppose you don't want to hear any more of my "old wives' tales remedies" but here is one more.
Cut up raw onion slices and put them in your socks...and sleep with the onion slices under the soles of your feet.

Do you have any alcohol to make a hot toddy? That helps with congestion too.
I'll stop now.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Cut up raw onion slices and put them in your socks...and sleep with the onion slices under the soles of your feet.

I don't know how I would smell in the morning, but it is worth a try. The dogs won't mind. You are funny.

Do you have any alcohol to make a hot toddy? That helps with congestion too.
Yep I got that, but the thing is when it gets to this point it gets bad. Really bad. Just wish me luck.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Just to prove I'm not making this stuff up!

I do understand because I have a friend here who gets really bad, really fast too.
That's why I'm trying to find things to help that you might already have at home.
I care and I'm worrying...so do as you're told!!!! (please)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Reading along here. Sorry Ladies, I got caught up trying to sort through things in my bedroom and just now started cooking. Back hurts and my leg is numb, tingly and a bit firey. I'll just be over here near the Christmas tree and fireplace in my rocking chair. I sound old. LOL Oh wait...I am.

Carry on.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I've done some crazy stuff in my time but never put an onion in my sock. Will it scare away the last few people I know..?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night! I'm in the same situation as you...back hurts, leg is numb, tingly and firey. (and feeling old....oh-so-old!)

Hey Light! Will it scare people away? I'm not sure...it actually might attract people to you, lol. (people are attracted to the smell of food)

What a blech night! I'm half watching a time travel movie called "About Time" (which is actually pretty good) and stuffing my face with cookies.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Where has Fin been???

To all missing members, please pop in and let us know you're ok, or not ok.

I'm ok

Just been a bit busy with clinics and doctors and stuff, and the weekend was mostly drinking.

I read every day to see what others are up to, but i am not always in the mood to leave a reply.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

It's a bit of a rom-com (romantic comedy). Are you crying?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

It's a bit of a rom-com (romantic comedy). Are you crying?

No I'm not crying! It's from the onions!

(I don't cry anymore...I'm all cried out)

Hey Fin! Good to see you. Post when you feel like it hun...we are always happy to see you.

Sorry y'all are stuck with me tonight. I'm trying to play hostess so Night Star can rest.
Going out for my last smoke of the night.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Sup Fin. Have you seen the kitties and the little girl recently? I hope all is well with you.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

originally posted by: Nyiah

I've got a couple full containers of chicken bones in the freezer, and a duck carcass in the fridge, that should fill the pot and make a good 4 quarts worth of it after a few hours' simmer time

You are one smart cookie, most people through them away, it takes a Pro to know that you have tons of flavor in those bones. "We" learned that if you wanted something with a little more "umami" you put the bones in the oven with whole carrots and halved unpeeled onion, the skin gives color and flavor. Brown it not burn, boil it for a couple hours, sift it through moist cheese cloth and you have a killer broth. I have boiled it too long and it gets bitter.
Now I am hungry.

No chicken bone goes to waste in this house, they're all always slated for a broth!

It's super duper cheap to make your own broth as opposed to buying it, and you know it's not full of necessary salt that way, too. I don't have a set recipe for herb additions, it's whatever was on them when it was cooked is however the batch comes out as a blend, lol. The only ones I don't save are ones that were barbecued, it just doesn't taste good in a broth.

Since I demand the bones from dinners be kept, I tend to keep the freezer as cold as it will go and store them for a few months to make sure no germs survive. Then I start the simmer process by bringing them to a full boil for 10 minutes, and then dropping it down to a simmer. Nothing icky's going to survive those temp extremes.

A long time ago, my husband used to get squeamish about it, saving bones that were eaten off of and making broth from them. Once he got over the ick factor of someone possibly having gnawed on them and realized it was going from frozen, straight to a 10 minute boil before I drop it to simmer, he realized it was an efficient use of the whole bird, from original meal to eventual broth.

Since we're going to be getting a bunch of snow tonight and it's going to be cold & snowy all week, I'm going to start cooking up a batch tonight and make another pot of Gordie's Soup with it. That's going to be a great treat for a few days

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Sup Fin. Have you seen the kitties and the little girl recently? I hope all is well with you.

I will see the kitties later this morning (it is only 3 AM now) and the little girl just had her fifth birthday so i will go to toys r us on wednesday to get a gift to her. Most likely something that involves Paw patrol

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Good to know that you are at least reading along. Hope things are going well with the clinic and Doctors appointments.

Happy Birthday to the soon to be 5 year old!

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I've done some crazy stuff in my time but never put an onion in my sock. Will it scare away the last few people I know..?

It would scare me away. The smell of raw onions turns my stomach. I buy frozen diced onions for my recipes.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I love time travel movies!

Well, our bodies may be getting old, but our minds are free spirited and young...I think. LOL
I'll always be a kid at heart.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

It was nice to watch this along with you tonight. Thanks for the outing.

new topics

top topics

<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join