It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 190
<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Eeeew, sorry I asked. Now I have visuals.

My back is killing me, but wanted to pop in and reply to you and say hello to whoever may be lurking or popping in soon.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Nyiah

Hey that sounds like fun! I'm in! At least if our knitting project comes out screwed up, we'll be drunk and we won't care.

My back is killing me. Going to sit back and watch something on youtube. I'll be checking in though.

I hope your back feels better. A hot soak in a nice scented epsom salt bath kind of night?

By the way, who did the cooking today? LOL

LOL, thankfully, nobody. You had your choice of turkey or duck leftovers, and what's left on the duck is going to make a nice chicken-duck hybrid broth for soups sometime on Sunday (it's actually a very savory broth, I'm surprised nobody sells it)
I've got a couple full containers of chicken bones in the freezer, and a duck carcass in the fridge, that should fill the pot and make a good 4 quarts worth of it after a few hours' simmer time

edit on 11/25/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I've never seen a tree with a sweater before, striped or otherwise.

Op tomorrow morning my time,ie roughly 14 hrs from now I guess. Slightly more details over in WIS's thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Love and thanks to everyone. I need a little rest now. Hope to check back in soon if possible.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So quiet in here....HELLO SHEDDITTES!!

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Good thing Gordi wasn't here. DDIG!

uh huh...

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well, I'm not long back from two rugby sessions with the boys today.
Dougies team WON away from home 24-14 I think it was, with Dougie scoring two tries!
Callum's team then WON at home, 32-10 (ish!!) it's sometimes hard to keep track!
Both the boy's teams were BRILLIANT today, and blew away some good opposition.
It's great to see them get better and better, both individually as as part of an improving team.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

We will be with you in spirit and we'll be here when you are recovering. Love and gentle hugs for you and Dada.

Good luck Hunny!

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Hello Brent! Good to see you! How are things?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Things are quiet and good here
How goes it yourself?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Congrats to our boys for a job well done!

I think I have a mild cold, but not feeling too bad. I slept the day away though. Guess I needed it.

I hope you and Tom will be working on a new Shed Christmas song.

Made some sirloin tips in gravy in the crockpot yesterday. Came out really good. We also had potatoes and asparagus, so left overs for a couple of day will be nice.

If I can find the energy, I want to do laundry, then cook hamburger, onions and peppers and add sauce. Manwhiches.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Oh hi Hunny! I thought I was alone in here. A mild cold, but feeling ok. Just relaxing myself.

My beta fish is dying.
Had her for a long time though. I always pick out the males because they are prettier, but the one and only female I have is quite a beauty. Hope I don't see any that I fall in love with now as the weather is cold and I'd want to get it home alive and well.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Hey Night! (and Everybody!) I'm so sorry to hear about your fish.

Just popping in to say "good evening". I hope everyone is doing well.
I will be lurking in case anyone is around. If not, I might play a few tunes to amuse myself.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I've got a couple full containers of chicken bones in the freezer, and a duck carcass in the fridge, that should fill the pot and make a good 4 quarts worth of it after a few hours' simmer time

You are one smart cookie, most people through them away, it takes a Pro to know that you have tons of flavor in those bones. "We" learned that if you wanted something with a little more "umami" you put the bones in the oven with whole carrots and halved unpeeled onion, the skin gives color and flavor. Brown it not burn, boil it for a couple hours, sift it through moist cheese cloth and you have a killer broth. I have boiled it too long and it gets bitter.
Now I am hungry.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hi Lurker, I am in a daze lurking too. They sent me home from work, FINNALY, I have been sick for days there but today topped it all. 102 and still moving. If I get a cold I get really sick if I don't tend to it, which I couldn't do, because the other head cook was some where over the rain bow.
The older co-worker that took my temp during the day was concerned if I could drive home. They told me to go sit down and they served lunch. That is so nice, and when the evening shift came in they just sent me home.
The "thermostat" lady said she would tell the boss, whom I called early, that I wasn't kidding, she said they all got my back.

But I came in here to get a hug and read how every one is doing.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Hi I am sorry about your fish. Does it have a name or is it just "Fish" ?? What color is it, do they have an age limit? Beta's are so pretty, but I no absolutely nothing about them. Give it a "glass smooch"

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Oh hey Sweet Pea! I'm so sorry you're sick. Here is a very soft *hug* for you.

I was reading thread titles on the "recent" page, refreshed and then saw that you had posted. I didn't think anyone was around.
I'm glad that you were able to go home. This new job environment/staff sounds much better than what you were dealing with before.
How are you feeling now? Any more symptoms...fever still high? Do you have everything you need?
(I'm sorry, didn't mean to fire questions at you)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

(I'm sorry, didn't mean to fire questions at you)

Fire away you silly poodle, I adore the big puddles. I don't have my cough medicine, only in tablet form that is really slow, the liquid, guaifenesin, is hard to find because, apparently some druggies, concoct a drug out of it. I DO NOT tolerate any cough suppressant, it will turn into a pneumonia. So they blend guaifenesin with a suppressant making it impossible to create "what ever" and I can't take it. Crap.
High fever, congestion. I just hope I can get some rest. The congestion worries me. I know my self.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
We have a problem.

Doesn't have time or energy to relate.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Evening Ladies!

Wis, Take care of yourself and get the rest you need. Chicken soup coming up. Pixies get on it please!

my fish is pale pearly blue, white with a hint of pink.
They don't have a long life span. maybe a few years?

I was over at facebook and that gets addicting interacting with people and seeing all the beautiful and funny pics, memes and videos.

new topics

top topics

<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join