It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we failed as parents? Why are all these girls getting raped?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Gathered from some posts here, some suggested we send our daughters to MMA fight camp and our sons to ballet lessons. I say all these sweet little girls need to know is how to get that foot onto the twig & berries of an attacker. When they get older, maybe conceal carry.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
To the mma argument.

Jits alone isn't very good for self defense. You get to the rolling around type of situation, a small girl is pretty screwed.

Kickboxing is much better to avoid the rolling part.

The best training is yout brain, and the knowledge and forsight to avoid a bad situation.

Don't run alone, don't run at night. Don't drink alone, go to parties etc...

It's not really rocket surgery.

Women are not as strong and need to plan accordingly.

Bear spray wouldn't hurt either.

As far as violent convicted without-a-doubt sex offenders...

Death

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
When I was a kid we dedicated 2 weeks in gym class every year to square dancing.

But Im 46

Jesus Christ, what a waste of time. Maybe they can teach the Electric Slide too.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Jits alone isn't very good for self defense. You get to the rolling around type of situation, a small girl is pretty screwed.

I personally watched 130lb, 70 year old Helio Gracie manhandle a guy well over 200lbs in both the prone and mounted positions.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: notsure1
When I was a kid we dedicated 2 weeks in gym class every year to square dancing.

But Im 46

Jesus Christ, what a waste of time. Maybe they can teach the Electric Slide too.

It really was lol because I have no idea how to square dance.

I wish they had taught me JU JITSU.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Hey, you spelled it right!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

To the mma argument.

The best training is yout brain, and the knowledge and forsight to avoid a bad situation.

Death

The whole point of jiu jitsu is to use the opponents strenght to defeat him - the stronger the opponent, the more power you got to defeat him with
So dont judge someone by their size, you would be suprised what is possible with the right kind of training

when it comes to Jiu Jitsu vs Kickboxing, my money is on jiu jitsu everytime

ETA tried to find a video of Jiu Jitsu vs Kickboxing and found this

So i might lose some money by betting Jiu Jitsu everytime

But this fighter did the attack, and that is why he lost - that is not what Jiu jitsu are for
edit on 26-9-2018 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

To the mma argument.

Death

My husband and I recently 'wrestled' 6 rounds. He never wrestled with anyone in his life. He is 150 pounds and 6 inches taller than me. 1 st round, he tapped out quickly since I surprised him in an elbow lock. He caught is breath and was game for round two. He actually pinned me in that round but really needed to get his breath. Realizing he was now taking it serious, I set up my phone to video record the next round. I had him down with a neck lock. My grip on my other arm was getting painful so I managed to work my leg up and clasped him into a knee lock! I kept telling him to just tap out...he wouldn't. His face was getting bloated and turning purple. Naturally, with my love for him I loosened a bit. He was able to then get out and flip and pin one of my arms and shoulders under his butt. I tapped out!

I showed this video to my daughters even though I was not the ultimate winner. One reason is to show them how I had the nastiest hand bruise on my forarm and how I did it to myself! Second, It was to show them if you allow emotion or sympathy to loosen your gained edge...you will lose a physical battle!

Smaller size often gives one the advantage of surprise. The larger ones ego tempers them in an initial confrontation.

Edit add: To complete my story, the last 3 rounds were taped too...but actually turned more crazy as a husband and wife had a boost of adrenaline. No one but us will review those rounds....eh...well, as much as we hope. Obviously on a conspiracy site I realize that someone somewhere may be enjoying those vids too.

edit on 9 26 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The sumo fight that put the gracies in the spotlight?

Yes, I have trained in jits, muay tai, wrestling , boxing, stick and edged defense. It's pretty much worthless if you are taken off guard.

Jits is the most unbeatable martial art w/o weapons imo.

You really have to train nearly every day, or at least 4 nights a week to even develope the muscle memory to be efffective.

Situational avoidance is the best defense.

Even with jits, she is going to need to inflict some damage beyond jits chokes, or being stuck in the guard.

I'd tie in jits, strikes, and eye gouging/fish hooks.

It'd be good to head off the contact with bear spray before trying to scrap though.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

Yes, I know how to roll, I could train you if you like.

Yes, jits is my favorite ma.

Yes, my 90lb wife can put me on my 200lb ass.

Big jits fan here.

It needs to be combined with some other stuff, like eye gouging and groin damage.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: JAGStorm

Something isn't being taught to our daughters, How to protect themselves.

And at the same time teach our sons that women do not owe them sex for ANY reason EVER.

Ahem.

What do you think most decent parents teach their little boys?

"Hey son, it's a piece of @ss. Go use it if you can wrestle it down?"

Seriously.

I know a few guys that were taught that by their dads yes. No joke.

Sadly though I know even more guys that didn't have dads at all or had them but they never taught them anything but the back of a hand.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Nice!! Good job!!

You should start a womens bjj camp.

It's very addictive... the biggest hurdle is getting people in that think they will be hurt, when the reality is it's very safe and low key.

Flying armbar him next time, that's my fav showoff move.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

Yes, I know how to roll, I could train you if you like.

Yes, jits is my favorite ma.

Yes, my 90lb wife can put me on my 200lb ass.

Big jits fan here.

It needs to be combined with some other stuff, like eye gouging and groin damage.

I would love that, havent trained for years! but if youre location is the Siberian Tundra, i think i have to pass

Against most untrained people, i dont think eye gouging is necessary. but i agree it would be good to combine with some offence

edit on 26-9-2018 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Haven't we been teaching boys "no means no" for decades???? Haven't we taught about consent?

Only on tv and in the movies.

My parents never taught me anything about how to treat other people. Alcoholic and neglectful.

I never raped or assaulted a girl but I never even thought about how I was treating people until I ran away and some nice hippy people took me in.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

What are you trying to Say here in this Thread ? Exactly Who was Allegedly Raped due to their Parents Ignorance of their Children's Behavior ? Are you Implying Something about Judge Brett Kavanaugh here ?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I think I was extremely clear in what I said.

There will always be terrible people, for example Men that rape.

If you want to help your daughters, teach her some self defense
by teaching her self defense, she might not even have to use it because it will also teach her
awareness of her environment.

I'm not going to get political with this post, I gave examples that are in the news. We don't know if they are indeed true or not, because we weren't there. We do know rape does happen, and I personally believe at a much higher rate than any of us want to admit.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

i am sorry but unless you have actual experience then i can not entertain your thought process on this.
jiu jitsu alone is perfect for self defense because that is exactly what it was designed for.

so the smaller person could use leverage and technique to offset a larger, stronger opponent.

that is exactly the point.

watching mma or todays high level jiu jitsu does not give you any handle on the situation at all.
you can not use that as a gauge for anything.

99% of the people a person will meet on the street or in some self defense situation will know nothing about the ground/grappling.

i dont care how much you have watched or what you think you know about it. i dont mean just you. i mean anyone.

until you have hours on the mat you can not possibly understand.

i just dont know what else to say.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

a reply to: CynConcepts

Nice!! Good job!!

You should start a womens bjj camp.

It's very addictive... the biggest hurdle is getting people in that think they will be hurt, when the reality is it's very safe and low key.

Flying armbar him next time, that's my fav showoff move.

He's my husband and I am not going to seriously injure him. An actual attacker will find me scratching, biting pieces of their ear Or nose off and or ripping their scrotums! No nice wrestling when it matters for self defense!

Edit add: besides...I love watching UFC fighting. Freaking awesome to see the different styles and techniques. Got the video game for the family to play too. That is kind of what led up to me and hubby wrestling. He was tired of us calling him turtle because we would not tell him how to get off his back in the video game!
edit on 9 26 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I personally watched 130lb, 70 year old Helio Gracie manhandle a guy well over 200lbs in both the prone and mounted positions.

yeah and i envy you for it #er.
if we do grab food when you are in town next i fully expect to hear all about it.

you have been in the presence of jiu jitsu/martial arts royalty and i dont just mean Helio.

the fox!!!!!!

but yeah that is the point of jiu jitsu.

it has been proven to work now for about 90 years. it has a pretty good track record so i am sticking with it.

i think wrestling is up there for men but for women jiu jitsu is where it as at.

have you met Firas Zahabi?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

If you read his post above he said he has experience.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join