It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"...not everyone who gets their period is a woman..." Reality or Mental illness??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It’s hard to create the most healthy person possible when others are refusing to legitimize that person, hence the high rate of suicides. It’s not like anyone is asking you to do something that is horrible, painful and tortuous.

Sounds like you are saying that men who think they are women commit suicide because other people won't accept they are women...that sounds like they have a mental disorder and should probably be committed for their own safety.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Me too bud.
In the future, if some get what they want, their my be a lot of round pegs in 10'X10' squares though........
edit on 25-8-2018 by Quadrivium because: cause 6X6 is not big enough for a BigFatFurryTexan

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Have you read the article.

I'll just quote this section

men can be afflicted by a hormonal cycle similar to the menstrual cycle of women — but obviously without all the bleeding. Diamond defined IMT as a "state of hypersensitivity, anxiety, frustration and anger," postulating that IMT can occur at any point in life, but is usually triggered by the stress typified by puberty and midlife.

So not really a period then.

Seriously, what has the world come to when we have to debate whether men have periods. Jeez.
edit on 25/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Most who experience transgenderism outgrow it. That tells you something.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

anyone wanting to commit suicide for any reason, under current diagnostic standards, has a mental illness that if they are serious may require hospitalization and 1 on 1 care.

Suicidal thoughts aren't a mental illness...but they indicate one.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yes, anxiety and depression are mental illnesses, and are recognized as such by any legitimate doctor.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: fiverx313

Well EXCUSE ME if my OPINION offends you, but ATS encourages opinions being expressed. By the way, I could care less how a person lives their life and if you read my thread, you'll notice that I MENTIONED THAT.

i didn't say i was offended, i asked why you were so emotionally overwrought and overinvested in something that's not your business.

you've done nothing to dispel that impression, btw.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

i won't go out of my way to insult someone, if they tell me that they like to be called her or him i will do so.

but again i will say no one cares who people sleep with and what they do in there private lives(or at least i don't).

what makes a woman? the body parts or the soul/personality?

human genetic males are born with body parts for a reason and aren't meant to be cut off. if you look, act and dress like a woman and people call you a woman why do you need to cut your junk off? the mess that is left over after surgery is not a vagina and never will be, so why would you destroy your body?

if you dont agree you should watch what these doctors do to a person's body and what is required for the wound not to heal back up, the false vagaina is basiclly a deep wound people have sex with, would it be okay if that same operation was done somewhere else on the body? could you 'reassign' an animal? my guess is if you did it to an animal and told people you would get arrested.

cutting off parts of your body is not normal and body dysmorphia is a mental health issue and to indulge someone in their sickness isn't right.

it seems like a obsession with the penis that people get in their head they need to cut off, why do we condone such things if a person can take hormones and get plastic surgery and look just like a woman? why destroy part of your body only you and your partner sees?

anorexia and bulimia are body dysmorphia issues but these people are treated as they have a mental health issue.

under no circumstance am i okay with a 'doctor' destroying the body for cosmetic reason and even more so in a mentally ill person

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
I really am sympathetic to this person's viewpoint and struggles, but the fact is, she is a woman.
In your opinion. Not this person's.
How does this affect your happiness? How does it affect this individual''s?
Whose opinion mattersmore on a personal level? Does it threaten your happiness to accept this person's life-view?
Maybe you're just getting mixed up in another's business. Maybe you should ask yourself why it matters that much.
So many questions...
edit on 25-8-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: indeed!

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Until required to participate in the delusion it doesnt effect me.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

We’re both hoping you don’t come across too many trans people.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Ultimately, it is their body to do with as they wish.

It is not our right to determine what gender someone feels they want to be.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

100% correct.

It IS our right, however, to determine what gender WE believe them to be.
If some dude wants to believe he is a woman - go for it. But don't tell me I have to believe the dude is a woman.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

100% correct.
If some dude wants to believe he is a woman - go for it. But don't tell me I have to believe the dude is a woman.
I guess it's also your right to determine whether or not nuanced gender identity makes you sad. Personally, I'd ask myself why that is.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I'd be pretty worried if blood started coming out of my front hole.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Only authoritarians what to mandate opinion.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Only authoritarians what to mandate opinion.

Again, agree 100%.
Only an authoritarian would want to mandate my opinion.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I do sympathise with mentally ill people and in that sense, it does make me sad.
If a man wants to believe he is a woman he has every right to and I defend his right to.
I do not, however, grant him the right to control whether I believe him or not.

So I guess the best course of action would be for trans people to just be who they want to be and stop telling other people what to think.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

We’re both hoping you don’t come across too many trans people.

Ive known a few. One came to visit the wife at our house a few times.

People get along rather easily when they dont pick fights. Most people i come across day to day realize this. And if not....its reasonable to expect people to act however they act naturally.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

100% correct.

Or even pretend to believe.

Its not impolite to remain polite yet decline. Its absurd to think it would be

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join