It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants Committed TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND Federal Crimes in 5 Years.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Spider879

Nit picking.

"If we can save just one life, it'd be worth it". So often we've heard this with guns and gun banning.

Well, if building the wall and strengthening our borders could save just one life, isn't that worth it?

Fine. Build the wall and ban guns — then we can save two lives.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Irishhaf

Crimes committed by illegals are the same as crimes committed by any one else.

Humans will brake the law period.

But I notice that care doesn't make threads about other groups committing crimes, other than illegals and minorities.

As if their crimes are some how worse.

Focusing on the crimes of the few and not those of the many just shows hate and bias.

And that's all this thread really is.

His way of saying look these are special criminals that are so much worse then the ones that live here.

And whatever happened to the american idea that criminals can be reforms and become good upright people?

I just can't hate people.

By active control of our borders we can put a dent in those crimes committed by the illegal's.

Yes. And I am all for humain border enforcement.

why do you outright dismiss the pain and suffering of those that were victims of the crimes mentioned?

Don't be silly. Of course I care about victims. The thing that really bothers you is that I care about everyone , not just americans.

Why do you outright dismiss the fact that some illegals are victims as well?

This is just carewemust causing more division between americans and their fellow human beings. We need to stop doing that.

Well, crimes committed by illegals is something that is infinitely more possible to prevent than crimes committed by citizens, for the simple reason that the offender Shouldn't Even Be Here in the first place, and by preventing their entry, we also prevent any crimes they may commit.

What is so hard to understand about They Shouldn't Be Here to even Be ABLE to commit a crime? They Shouldn't Even Be Our Problem. If it was some Russians then you'd be like "get these illegal Russian criminals out of here!"

But since it's Not some privileged white folks (Everyone is rich in Russia, ok? Do NOT feel sorry for Those people) but the "poor Mexicans and South Americans..." who happen to live closer to us, that makes Everything different...

And since they decided to have sex and produce a child, and drag that child across the desert which is inhumane, now we have to be lenient on our criminal justice system because "AWWWW How Cute!! He shoved his erection into her vagina and ejaculated! That is just SO SPECIAL!! Let's shower the adorable couple with extra privileges for their Great Sacrifice To Humanity! You had an Orgasm, Congratu-freaking-lations!"

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's 200,000 murders, rapes, smuggling

I guess you can't count.

Immigration - 134,709 - 93.9%
Sex offenses - 11,037 - 17.8%
Homicide - 72 - 8.9%

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

a reply to: Irishhaf

Crimes committed by illegals are the same as crimes committed by any one else.

Humans will brake the law period.

But I notice that care doesn't make threads about other groups committing crimes, other than illegals and minorities.

As if their crimes are some how worse.

Focusing on the crimes of the few and not those of the many just shows hate and bias.

And that's all this thread really is.

His way of saying look these are special criminals that are so much worse then the ones that live here.

And whatever happened to the american idea that criminals can be reforms and become good upright people?

I just can't hate people.

By active control of our borders we can put a dent in those crimes committed by the illegal's.

Yes. And I am all for humain border enforcement.

why do you outright dismiss the pain and suffering of those that were victims of the crimes mentioned?

Don't be silly. Of course I care about victims. The thing that really bothers you is that I care about everyone , not just americans.

Why do you outright dismiss the fact that some illegals are victims as well?

This is just carewemust causing more division between americans and their fellow human beings. We need to stop doing that.

Well, crimes committed by illegals is something that is infinitely more possible to prevent than crimes committed by citizens, for the simple reason that the offender Shouldn't Even Be Here in the first place, and by preventing their entry, we also prevent any crimes they may commit.

What is so hard to understand about They Shouldn't Be Here to even Be ABLE to commit a crime? They Shouldn't Even Be Our Problem. If it was some Russians then you'd be like "get these illegal Russian criminals out of here!"

But since it's Not some privileged white folks (Everyone is rich in Russia, ok? Do NOT feel sorry for Those people) but the "poor Mexicans and South Americans..." who happen to live closer to us, that makes Everything different...

And since they decided to have sex and produce a child, and drag that child across the desert which is inhumane, now we have to be lenient on our criminal justice system because "AWWWW How Cute!! He shoved his erection into her vagina and ejaculated! That is just SO SPECIAL!! Let's shower the adorable couple with extra privileges for their Great Sacrifice To Humanity! You had an Orgasm, Congratu-freaking-lations!"

You are not a native.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

How many crimes did american citizens commit in the same time period?

How many of those crimes are border crossing offenses?

How many crimes did you commit in that same time period?

How many crimes have you ever committed?

So, since Americans commuted crimes, in their own country, that means we shouldn't complain that people from Other countries come here and Terrorise Our Children??

I'm just gonna ask you this once. Have you been employed by MS13 to spread propaganda? Because this sounds exactly like the kind of thing they would want us to think, to soften us up. "pay no mind to the gang members raping your daughters, cause there is probably an American raping someone so that means you pretty much deserve this."

So we don't take ANY steps against this threat, because "racist"?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Well the data shows it's mostly drug related, or some sort of money fraud.

For one the money fraud, millions of American's (citizens) break those laws everyday, and every year, you don't pay your taxes, that's a federal crime technically. Steal mail, pay people under the table, the list goes on.

The other stats show kidnappings or drug related, which isn't all that surprising to be honest. To me from the looks of it there isn't an illegal peoples problem, there's a drug problem, on both sides of the boarder. Where these is a supplier, there is a buyer somewhere, why are there so many kidnappings and drug crimes?
Kids being ferried over with drugs to feed obviously American citizens in some way.

Yeah so you think that, since some Americans are commiting crimes, that means we ought to not worry too much when people come from other countries to commit crimes here?

ARE YOU INSANE???

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: chr0naut

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

- written in bronze on the base of The Statue of Liberty.

America has lost its way.

You mean Ellis Island, where we vetted possible immigrants and turned away the ones we deemed unfit?

We have lost our way indeed.

Ask the parents separated from thier child because it was killed by an illegal alien how it feels.

Then get back to me.

Yeah immigrants like those who made up vicious ethnic gangs coming from various parts of Europe back in the day
en.m.wikipedia.org...
Now celebrated in American pop culture, never mind that most immigrants at the time just wanted a safe space, they were met with the same nativists hate, generations later the descendants of those same immigrants, some of whom came from criminal lines are free to hate on the new comers, like their immediate ancestors were hated on.
mobile.nytimes.com...

So that means.... We should just... stop bitching?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Did ... did you even read what I wrote?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Spider879

Nit picking.

"If we can save just one life, it'd be worth it". So often we've heard this with guns and gun banning.

Well, if building the wall and strengthening our borders could save just one life, isn't that worth it?

Fine. Build the wall and ban guns — then we can save two lives.
Building a (mostly high tech plus human eyes patrolling, but some concrete walls as well) wall would definitely save lives right away and really put a big thorn in the eye of the Cartels. Banning guns however, would only embolden the criminals we already have.

But since we are pretending here..

What if we had the power to make a deal. Would you build a wall if we let you have 2 states, which are demographically different in order to test the scenario in two totally different areas, and you can do whatever gun laws you want in those states and show us how it decreases crime. If you pick Hawaii and Alaska as one or both your states then you can have an isolated experiment where the surrounding states gun laws won't effect you. Plus you could make it a Very serious crime to bring a gun into the state. Any law you want. No guns period, even for cops, if you want.

Even if it reduced crime, other states might not necessarily join in, because you have not experimented with a tyrranical government. But I do believe there should be placed where people can go to love with like minded people.

I think a big problem is our nation has become too homogenous. We have marijuana law states, sales tax/no sales tax states, we have Nevada, and a few other minor "special laws" states, but I think there should be at least one state where you can go live if you want to live where guns are illegal. Maybe it could work if we didn't try to make it nationwide and concealed it to a chosen few states.

I'm open to other perspectives.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Did ... did you even read what I wrote?

You said

For one the money fraud, millions of American's (citizens) break those laws everyday, and every year, you don't pay your taxes, that's a federal crime technically.

I apologize if I misinterpreted. It sounded like you were saying we should not worry about these crimes of Fraud because Americans "do it everyday".

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Yea you took what I said far to literal.

OP was pointing out that 200k crimes are committed every year by illegal immigrants, etc.

I was pointing out that actual citizens do the same, and a much larger scale, since the date provided showed over 60% of these crimes are drug related, not fraud related, but when you look at it, the data does lead back to drugs.

The whole point of my post was to show that it's not illegal immigrants that is the issue, it's crime syndicates and drugs that seem to be the problem, on BOTH sides of the boarder. Who is buying the drugs? Who is asking for these young kids to be brought up?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This issue of immigration has been a problem for a long time, in the USA. And with any mass population increase, in an area, there is bound to be an increase in crimes in that area, breaking of laws of some sort. The US federal code and laws are so bloated, the reality is that most people at one point or another have broken some law at some point in their life.

Building a wall is not a solution that is going to work, it never has or will. Great Britain is a prime example of that: It is an island, yet, even before the channel tunnel, it had serious problems with illegal immigration into the country and the members of parliament were trying to figure out how, while living on an island, it had this kind of a problem.

There are several problems that are coming about for this and it is one that should be addressed and considered: The first is the laws. Immigration has been a messy sort going long back, often based on racist or prejudicial bias, added into the lack of removing laws, and finally adding bandages where there needs to be stitches. The laws need to be repealed and much of this put on hold. There is some valid reasons for some of these laws, and many people either do not want to understand or tend to ignore many of the truths behind such. And some of those laws were passed, out of shame and embarrassment, to correct a wrong that had been put forth.

Another problem is that the entire immigration department is overburdened and underfunded. Even when one looks at all of the immigrants that are being detained right now and worked through, it is a sign of how bad off this department is. There is a lack of personnel to do the job, a lack of attorney’s along with judges who are having to handle the sheer case loads. In some locations, there are backlogs of cases that go into the tens of thousands, with some waiting up to 5 to 7 years before their cases are heard, with the average being around over 1500 days, just to get an initial hearing. Add to that the lack of attorneys and translators to translate for people who are not able to speak English and it becomes a mess.

And there is the other small problem with ICE at times making grave mistakes, and trying to deport people who are legal citizens, or the snafu where those with green cards, being picked up to be deported, even when showing the correct documentation.

A wall is not the answer. Even if they were to round up every single undocumented person in the country, it would take years, if not decades for them to make it through the court system and be deported, and cost far more than the trouble it is worth.

I think that the only solution is to put a hold on all of this, that the old laws should be in effect, with the understanding that with the passing of new laws, the old laws will be repealed and replaced. As part of that the immigration department get the proper funding and staffing to handle large numbers. The laws need to be very clear, where illegal immigration is clearly defined along with the penalties for such. And ultimately the US needs to stop shipping its problems to other countries as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

- written in bronze on the base of The Statue of Liberty.

America has lost its way.

Crap....point well taken

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Ran out of fingers and toes

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Yea you took what I said far to literal.

OP was pointing out that 200k crimes are committed every year by illegal immigrants, etc.

I was pointing out that actual citizens do the same, and a much larger scale, since the date provided showed over 60% of these crimes are drug related, not fraud related, but when you look at it, the data does lead back to drugs.

The whole point of my post was to show that it's not illegal immigrants that is the issue, it's crime syndicates and drugs that seem to be the problem, on BOTH sides of the boarder. Who is buying the drugs? Who is asking for these young kids to be brought up?

Yes, I was just listening to a report on NPR.

The statistics actually show a much lower percentage of crimes are committed by illegals then citizens.

And the types of crimes - - are like you said.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
No amnesty,deport them all and I do mean all!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

This bears repeating because the OP is making it seem worse than it really is.

Homicide - 72 - 8.9%

edit on 22-6-2018 by RowanBean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Who cares?Deport them all.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

That's 200,000 murders, rapes, smuggling, and other Federal crimes that severely hurt millions of Americans physically and emotionally.

No it isn't! From your own link 134,705 of those crimes were immigration crimes, like illegal entry. Then, 11,037 were "economic crimes" like picking fruit or mowing lawns. Only 72 homicides, 159 robberies and 0 burglaries, 3,486 were firearms related.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

That's 200,000 murders, rapes, smuggling

I guess you can't count.

Homicide - 72 - 8.9%

I'm reading only 591 sex offenses, and 11,037 in ECONOMIC crimes.
cis.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join