It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants Committed TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND Federal Crimes in 5 Years.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You do realize that this was put there as propoganda to get the common man( most of them immigrants) to donate money to have the pedestal built and statue erected in the first place? The US government didn't have the money to do it, and the wealthy, for the most part, passed on donations. Most of the cost was gleaned from small donations due to this propoganda.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Bs. My great grandfather brought my grandfather and his siblings through Ellis island. Legally.

edit on 6/22/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No ma friend more like apples & oranges.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: carewemust

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

- written in bronze on the base of The Statue of Liberty.

America has lost its way.

It says send me those people and we will light the way. It does not say sneak them across the border in the middle of the night under the cover of darkness and look the other way when they commit heinous crimes against our citizens.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Wait a minute...

You mean to tell me, that people who disrespected our laws by illegally coming here... Didn't respect our laws?

A kindergartener could have figured this out but it's just too complex of a concept for liberals.

All they understand is extremely basic concepts. Like "helping people is good". Anything Beyond that, and they get confused. Like when "helping" isn't really "helping". Like when a drug addict is standing outside asking for change. Things get complicated. Are you really helping them by giving them money? Can you prove they are an addict or do you just have a feeling? Maybe they have mental illnesses that explain their bizarre behavior. And if they don't make enough money doing this, maybe they do something else that ends up getting someone hurt. But does that mean we allow them to hold society hostage? It's not an easy, black and white question. It gets complicated.

The immigration issue is complicated. Liberals and other simple minded people do not understand this. To them, you are a monster for "refusing to help these people", and for "actually putting children in jail".

Their brain cannot handle complex ideas like that maybe the "parents" aren't really parents, maybe they are human traffickers selling a baby. Or that it is actually dangerous to encourage people to travel through the desert, and that people are dying. They don't get that.

If the number one rule is to help people no matter the cost, there are people who would kill to be born in a country like Mexico. Like the people in the nation's south of Mexico. Mexico has a similar problem on their southern border. Even poorer nations have people sneaking in to Mexico, some on their way to the US, but some just happy to be somewhere better.

But of course, Mexico controls their border in a very serious, no tolerance way. They will toss your ass in a Mexican prison knowing full well you have less than a 30% chance of surviving your sentence.

Kinda makes us look downright angelic in our treatment of Our illegal immigrants.

So, if we are supposed to be helping people, then, isn't it a slap in the face to the Really poor people who REALLY need help, for us to ignore their please whilst helping scores and scores of Mexicans and others crossing the border who are "well off" compared to the people in Syria for example?

Where are our priorities? Whats the matter, are you some kind of monster that doesn't want to help THOSE poor people over there?

Oh, I know, we can help Everyone. Declare our border dissolved because to do otherwise is cruel. People need help. CHILDREN, need help. Everyone can just come to America, the land of freedom and opportunity. Anyone who wants to.

We could charter planes, use military transport, use big boats, it would totally be doable.

Because we know these simple truths:
"helping people is good" and "immigration improves a country". So, More immigration and helping More people is Better right?

I want to know Exactly where the liberal heart draws the line and stops "caring" so goddamn much... Is it just anyone who can get south of the US - Mexico border who deserve giving it our "ALL"?

Cause we can direct the planes and boats to Mexico instead if that helps if they physically walk or swim across the border?

Or can we just, extend our hearts to All the needy people of the world? It's not like the money is coming directly out of Your pocket or Mine. The government can figure out some way to pay for all this. They can just print more money. It doesn't effect us so what's the problem with helping people? You're not a NAZI are you? There ARE children suffering you know.

Look:

www.dosomething.org...

Worldwide there are
1.3 billion in "extreme poverty"
800+million don't have enough food
125+million children are so malnourished that their growth is stunted.

So, where are our priorities at then?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Bs. My great grandfather brought my grandfather and his siblings through Ellis island. Legally.

Yep. America is a nation of immigrants who came here the legal way, for the most part. As a Senator said yesterday, there's a reason why so many groups don't want to go through the official entry/application points.

Zero tolerance is a great plan, so long as we don't let them go after 20 days. 80% never show up for their hearings. America will not be stupidly taken advantage of like that, any longer.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Do you remember a while back when ice went into cali and had a list of 1000 peeps to catch and deport?

It was a good idea but the feds decided to poo poo the play by lumping in several hundred non criminal immigrants with some of the worst among them.

That is what we are dealing with here.

If they would just go after those that have no papers and have committed crimes other than crossing the border.

If they would just do their job in a logical manner then no one spouting off at the mouth could stop the positive progress.

Let's let the states round up who they choose as per the constitution.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

zero tolerance is not the way to solve anything other than if your goal is a total authoritarian state.

We can get this done correctly.

Let's use proven tactics to deal with our problems.

How about a list for deportation that is comprised of murders first.

It is an area that no logical argument can be raised against it.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Relatives of victims who were killed or severely maimed by illegal aliens are being featured right now at the White House.

Fox News is broadcasting it. To no one's surprise, CNN is not.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

So why ot round up the violent offenders instead of the children?

Personally i would not be outraged if the gov. was using force to hold a bunch of murders in an old wal mart

Great job of the admin to conflate a bunch of mommies and kids with murders.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is not very hard to understand.

States have say over immigration feds have say over naturalization.

The border is secure already.

The feds have the constitutional power to remove any immigrant that does not naturalize regardless of state or sanctuary status.

Committing violent crimes is not naturalization.

The states would have to hand over any the feds want to remove if they all would follow the constitution.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
DUH catch and release is not constitutional.

Why are we all getting this soo wrong?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Wait a minute...

You mean to tell me, that people who disrespected our laws by illegally coming here... Didn't respect our laws?

A kindergartener could have figured this out but it's just too complex of a concept for liberals.

So, where are our priorities at then?

As President Trump correctly stated this morning, unless America elects MORE REPUBLICANS to the House and the Senate, there will be no meaningful immigration reform.

Until that happens, Americans will continue to lose thousands of loved-ones due to intentional (murder) and unintentional (drunk) actions of criminals. As soon as they come into America illegally, they are criminals.

edit on 6/22/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

It is lovely that they didn't get called crimminals just because they were immigrants.

Please refer to the actual crime statistics where the rate of offending has been declining during the last 5 years.

One of the possible reasons for the reduction in crime statistics is immigration.

Check out point 11, Crime over Time from Wikipedia.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

It says send me those people and we will light the way. It does not say sneak them across the border in the middle of the night under the cover of darkness and look the other way when they commit heinous crimes against our citizens.

Because that they only sneak across the border at night?

Some come across in full daylight, hoping hoping that they can apply to live and work in the US, and are detained then labeled as criminals for it.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Ellis island was a point of entry for immigrants, which my grandparents came from Italy. The southern border also have points of entry, si why dont they go to them?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

There's a term known to Italian immigrants my grandfather was one, it's called a Wop, Without papers or without passport, basically an undocumented illegal person trying to sneak in through the legal way. it happened all the time. The southern boarder is just that new frontier to be honest. The same thing happened to the Chinese and Japanese, Chop suey anyone?

America was built off legal and illegal immigrants, hell, most of the southern states can thank Mexican influence a lot.

But what gets me is that it's not Mexicans themselves pouring in, it's other nations below them (geographically) that are being pushed through by the Mexican government and drug cartels from the broken nations in central and northern south america, Mexico believe it not hates immigrants period. Funny, tacos come from arabic influences.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

Ellis island was a point of entry for immigrants, which my grandparents came from Italy. The southern border also have points of entry, si why dont they go to them?

They do go to the official border entry points.

Trump's "zero tolerance" policy labels them as illegal before the legal process can begin.

But the whole point of the OP is pure propoganda (very similar to how the Nazi's blamed the Jewish people for many of Germany's woes).

Unauthorized immigrants account for few crimes, but precise percentage seems elusive

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

A lot of them do. There are a lot of illegal immigrants that come in legally, on a work visa, tourist visa, student visa, etc. and just don't leave when their visa expires.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

How many crimes did american citizens commit in the same time period?

How many of those crimes are border crossing offenses?

How many crimes did you commit in that same time period?

How many crimes have you ever committed?

Why does it matter how many crimes did american citizens commit in the same time period? First that argument is "whataboutisum" ... but more importantly if we could deport our own criminal citizens it would be a great idea to do so ... but unfortunately we are stuck with our criminal citizens we cant burden other countries with our citizens. This is simply not the case with our criminal non citizens.
edit on 22-6-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join