It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** US pulls out of UN Human Rights Council

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Honestly, though I understand the accusations of bias of the UN Human Rights Council, I can't see anything positive coming about by this.

I can, lets see how the remaining council members address human rights moving forward and whether they will continue to be a closet hate group against Israel or whether, without US input, they will solve all of the worlds inequality problems now that evil Trump and the USA is out of the equation.

It will be epic keystone cops all over again.

Of course they won't be able to solve anything, that won't change.

,,. but how is the US running away because the other kids won't play fair, going to solve the very real and dire problems?

The point of diplomacy is to balance dissenting opinions and to try and achieve a fair compromise.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Another win for Team Trump, Bigly Yuuuuuuge.

It was the right thing to do, it is a council of evil.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Trump could have signed a deal to stay a part of the U.N. for eternity and you'd be saying the same thing.

edit on 6/19/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

While the problem is certainly that children can't go to prison with their parents, and our extradition options could use improvement, what we're dealing with are essentially refigees. Where has the UN been throughout all of it? Nowhere to be seen. They're a joke. To the rest of the world it's only "America First" when they want something.

Them peoples are economic refugees, not really covered by anything UN.

Escaping local crime and violence is not political, religious or sexual persecution, which is potential refugee/asylum status.

I'm glad we're out.

The UNHRC is a joke.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Where does the Trump "U"SA pull out next, earth maybe?

Wait, wasn´t there something with a space force?

Ok, maybe we can hope they really leave earth soon.

Sweet!

We get to leave the planet!

And he can join in the melee for the land.

He might as well move to china now and save time.

lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Trump could have signed a deal to stay a part of the U.N. for eternity and you'd be saying the same thing.

Nope, sorry he wouldn't do that. The US has all the power, the UN needs to be reminded and that is Trump's specialty.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
About time.

That council is about a lot of things. Human rights isn't one of them.

It's a club for the condemnation of Israel and the US by a bunch of dictatorships and banana republics.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

I think the biggest thing with the OP is his refusal to admit that Trump gave a "nest of religious extremism and terrorism" billions of dollars in military grade weapons.

Let's criticize Saudi Arabia but completely ignore those criticisms when our idol makes weapons deals with them. They shouldn't be allowed to be a part of the U.N. because of their numerous human rights violations but they sure can have our weapons at the tune of billions of dollars! That's not hypocritical at all.

I don't expect my original post to be addressed by the OP because it really nails his hypocrisy to the board for anyone to see.

So obama giving 25% of the current USA DOD budget to Iran, $150+Billion or letting Noko make the Bomb is a nothingburger?

The pinnacle of human rights countries, are they?

Let me know when the whole rest of the world makes the USA look like South Africa.

OK?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

So obama giving 25% of the current USA DOD budget to Iran, $150+Billion or letting Noko make the Bomb is a nothingburger?

Jeez man, you couldn't help but bring up Obama could you? What makes you think I support Obama or anything he did? Obama's actions don't excuse Trump's actions no matter how hard you want to believe they do. If anything it makes you out to be a huge hypocrite.

Obviously you see the actions as comparable since you brought them up, so why give Trump a pass when you didn't do the same for Obama?

Please, come up with new arguments, the deflections to Obama and Clinton are getting old and don't work anyways because they just paint you guys as enormous hypocrites.

edit on 6/19/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I have a question about the UN in general and the Human Rights Council in particular.
Can someone here name one damn thing the UN has ever done that was above board and for the good of any Nation ?
I have seen lots of proven corruption within this group and zilch good.

I have seen some very ignorant posts on why the UN was formed.
The UN only had one purpose .
Is there anyone here that can actually state why the UN was formed ?
Hint - The UN sprang from the League of Nations with the same purpose.
Over the years , the UN has taken it upon itself to stick its nose in where it does not belong . Nothing but an attempt to increase power over all sovereign nations.
I say TO HADES with the UN as it is now. Tear it down , and rebuild it as its original blueprints were laid out.

I predict in Trumps 2nd term, he will deal with it.

Pull out and kick them out of NY.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The United Nations was created to ensure that governments of major countries around the world would continue to actively fight against the axis powers in World War Two.

www.reference.com...

Now I'm no rocket surgeon, but I think that WWII is over.

Someone might want to double check though.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
About time.

That council is about a lot of things. Human rights isn't one of them.

It's a club for the condemnation of Israel and the US by a bunch of dictatorships and banana republics.

Yep, what was it last year or so that 21 of 23 condemnations of abuse was against Israel?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

Jeez man, you couldn't help but bring up Obama could you? What makes you think I support Obama or anything he did? Obama's actions don't excuse Trump's actions no matter how hard you want to believe they do. If anything it makes you out to be a huge hypocrite.

Obviously you see the actions as comparable since you brought them up, so why give Trump a pass when you didn't do the same for Obama?

Please, come up with new arguments, the deflections to Obama and Clinton are getting old and don't work anyways because they just paint you guys as enormous hypocrites.

Hey, SA is not listed as a State Sponsor of Terrorism, is it?

Besides, it's called precedent what they did, not deflection.

You are bitching about a couple bil that has to be spent in the USA but not on a nuke program or Hezbollah or Syria.

lol.

Ya ok.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Being not long ago, Trump's tweeting seemed to have signaled world war III was on the horizon with North Korea. I find that I am holding back now to see how this plays out. Obviously, it appears that the Trump Administration has info that I am not aware of in the past.

I am a gambler, true, I am going to wait and see how this plays out.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: carewemust

Their attention to human rights is why there are so many Weinsteins, rapes, pedophiles, illegals, political crooks, etc.. Humans have to right to do whatever they want, according to Dims, apparently.

Now that is dishonest and I hope the OP calls you out on it, if he/she is seriously concerned about honesty.

People that uphold human rights are not responsible for the disgusting choices people make in tier lives.

To whom are you referring, these "People that 'Hold Up' human rights?
Specifically, I mean?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
This is a deeply disturbing move on the part of the administration.

Our country is in serious, serious danger.

Would you say its more or less disturbing than appointing Saudi Arabia as the head of that council?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
if the UN can't do anything about Rwanda, Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea, Hamas...what freaking good is it?

USA can do humanitarian stuff solo. we don't need the UN to tell us about a third-world earthquake and they need food and medicine etc.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Because it has no bearing on what haley said. And its not like we are going to convince our government to simply discard the petrodollar. Theyd kill any of us for trying if they felt they needed to.

I COULD concern myself with things that won't change. But ive only so much bandwidth.

(post by six67seven removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yeah, who cares about human rights anyway. Totally overrated.

The fact that this organization has "Human Rights" in it's title doesn't mean it has anything to do with human rights. In fact, the world witnessed how this hypocrite organization acted in the absolute opposite of human rights interests, time and time again.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join