It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump migrant separation policy: Children 'in cages' in Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: underwerks

The more the followers of Trump turn their backs on basic human decency, the faster this country will wash their hands of them.

The more his opposition acts like this is new, the faster this country will whitewash the same thing predecessors have done.

I figured if this was horrible when Obama did it, it would still be horrible now. I guess not.

All we have are excuses. Can’t say I’m really surprised.

link   
Yes, but did you or the media care when Obama did it? Did you know this policy predates Trump? It's a bit disingenuous that suddenly all the left is up in arms.

migration.ucdavis.edu...

a reply to: Southern Guardian

link   

The more the followers of Trump turn their backs on basic human decency, the faster this country will wash their hands of them.

The more his opposition acts like this is new, the faster this country will whitewash the same thing predecessors have done.

never before has the usa detained and separated 100% of border crossers with kids.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

never before has the usa detained and separated 100% of border crossers with kids.

Lol, thanks for that.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I figured if this was horrible when Obama did it, it would still be horrible now. I guess not.

Sure, but why did the media and all my liberal friends and colleagues not go crazy when Obama did it?

migration.ucdavis.edu...

It's like how I protested us foreign policy under bush, and then also Obama. Most of my liberal friends, not all, went silent during Obama.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Horrible.

And just think, the past Administrations' failures caused all this.

(Washington Post March 2015...)
Mexican kids held for months as punishment for border-crossing

(NYMag Jan 2016...)
Report: Obama Administration Handed Child Migrants Over to Human Traffickers

The United States government placed an unknown number of Central American migrant children into the custody of human traffickers after neglecting to run the most basic checks on these so-called “caregivers,” according to a Senate report released on Thursday.

In the fall of 2013, tens of thousands of unaccompanied minors traveled to the U.S. southern border

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Sure, but why did the media and all my liberal friends and colleagues not go crazy when Obama did it?

migration.ucdavis.edu...

It's like how I protested us foreign policy under bush, and then also Obama. Most of my liberal friends, not all, went silent during Obama.

So you base your reaction on what your liberal friends think?

I think we’re getting near the problem.

link   

Yes, but did you or the media care when Obama did it? Did you know this policy predates Trump? It's a bit disingenuous that suddenly all the left is up in arms.

migration.ucdavis.edu...

a reply to: Southern Guardian

Different situation

That logic is similar to someone going out in public and looking for people that have been hurt in the past and then hurting them cause someone else done it first.

link   
a reply to: soundguy

you ok with trump blaming dems for this policy enforcement? don't you think he should own it?

and, why not enforce the law regarding hiring illegals?

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: olaru12
Looks like the Church going Texans are real happy with Trumps putting kids in cages....

www.rawstory.com...

Yea, I figure they're about as critical about it as democrats were to the Obama administration (cages and all) . You remember that administration? It deported more immigrants than Bush.

Carry on.

Trumps CIC now! But carry on with the whataboutism if you must.

It wasn't whataboutism, it was a point to show this story is politically motivated.

I hate to break it to you, but there is no solution. Everyone acts like we're so rich and selfish. Yet our infrastructure is 5+ trillion dollars behind.

You want to throw more money at this problem? Great, go donate to a charity. But I know what the implied demands are, take them in and throw tax dollars at them.

As a tax payer who has never taken a hand out, I vote no on that. But you're free to donate time and charity if you'd like. Beauty of a free xountry.
edit on 18-6-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
A lot of difference between a 'cage' and a secured area..... but 'cage' pulls on the heart strings, where-as secured area does not.. MOUTHBOOGIE.

Funny how the article I linked to under the Obama administration called them 'warehouses of humanity'.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

that's not allowed. bad things from the past are not discussable, and good things in the present are not discussable, but good things from the past are OK, and bad things from the present are OK. I'm working on a flow chart, I'll have it ready for download by tomorrow morning.

Wait...what if it's a good thing from the present but I arbitrarily attribute it to the past? That's gonna be some flow chart.

edit on 18-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I 100% agree. All we have is excuses in this unfixable problem.

Just like people trying to excuse people who knowingly break the law, only to be detained and sent back... Just like the rest of the developed nations do.

If you don't believe me, let your passport expire and run into Canada, tell me what happens.
edit on 18-6-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

but you figured that since CNN told you to be angry now, you'd better open up that pie hole bigley right? Answer that dog whistle sparky.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
can you show me a link that connects the implementation and creation of this policy to Trump please?

your agenda couldn't be more clear, it's almost as if the same people who wrote the CNN script wrote yours as well

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I was almost ready to print.......damnit.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

that's not allowed. bad things from the past are not discussable, and good things in the present are not discussable, but good things from the past are OK, and bad things from the present are OK. I'm working on a flow chart, I'll have it ready for download by tomorrow morning.

Don't forget the Venn Diagrams !!

Those are important !!

💥

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I 100% agree. All we have is excuses in this unfixable problem.

Just like people trying to excuse people for knowingly break the law, only to be detained and sent back... Just like the rest of the developed nations do.

If you don't believe me, let your passport expire and run into Canada, tell me what happens.

Illegal immigration is a problem that will never go away, as long as we continue to support domestic drug laws which turn a lot of the areas south of the border into war zones.

If people aren’t going to address the root causes to all of this that make Mexico a place that people risk their lives to escape, then we should at least have a sensible and compassionate way to deal with the people crossing the border.

We shouldn’t use them as political pawns. And we shouldn’t affect undue trauma on people because we claim to be following a “law” that isn’t even really a law. There is no law that says children have to be separated from their families, that’s just how the Trump admin wants to go about it.

Which is BS. Obvious political BS.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

migration.ucdavis.edu...

So you base your reaction on what your liberal friends think?

I think we’re getting near the problem.
Um nooooo. Please reread. I stated explicitly that most people seem to only care when the other party is in office, whereas I'm consistent. You obviously didn't read my statement...

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I want to know where is the outrage for American kids are that are put in a broken foster care system?What about the outrage for all the homeless Americans,some which are veterans.Where's the outrage for them?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join