It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Mueller calls for Paul Manafort's release to be revoked.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
But the people he was trying to contact were people working with the present government of the Ukraine from what I understand, the Ukraine government is not allied with Russia anymore. He is trying to protect his own butt and warn others who he dealt with in the past to beware. We are not enemies with the new country of Ukraine.

I don't know what is going on with some people that they cannot see this is to protect himself. He has already made a deal, he is not protecting Trump with this. Evidently he was warned not to contact these people and he did not follow through. He is not good at listening to anyone.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
And the entire deal may be overturned.
Mueller is showing an intense hatred of certain individuals
Grasping at anything he possibly can in a vain effort to justify to himself the hatred
Took the entire investigation off the original granted responsibilty on to pettier and lamer stuff.
"Monomaniacal" - very dangerous individual to be in office , anywhere in the world.

link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I never heard anything about Manafort being the verge of flipping. I keep hearing how he's like the only one they don't think might flip. Cohen, they say could flip, because of that Taxi King dude, who is cooperating.

who the hell knows? this whole convoluted fiasco is all over the damn place. yet, with the wide latitude this SP has had to investigate pretty much the entire world, he has yet to come up with sufficient evidence of collusion.

link   
a reply to: darkbake

I cannot believe he'd try this. Every eye is on him. He's nuts.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Why because Mueller isn't copying you in?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

They have statements from people he contacted. One of them he asked to relay a message to the "Hapsburg Group" (a group of as yet unnamed ex European political VIPs who were covertly paid by Manafort to lobby), basically telling them to lie and say they only did work for him in Europe.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Witness tampering while out on bail? Is he stupid, have balls or steel, or expects to be pardoned because he's guilty as # and has no valid legal argument to save his ass?

Does that mean he waits in jail til his trial?

One can hope.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Interesting that just yesterday Trump was putting some distance between himself and Manafort. Was it coincidental timing or did he know this was coming down the pike?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

He has not made a deal. His trial is in Sept.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

...basically telling them to lie and say they only did work for him in Europe.

Source?

Also, is communicating with these folks part of his release terms?

link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Witness tampering while out on bail? Is he stupid, have balls or steel, or expects to be pardoned because he's guilty as # and has no valid legal argument to save his ass?

One can hope.

If they can prove he actually tried to tamper with witnesses, then I have zero problem with them throwing the book at him.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

They have statements from people he contacted. One of them he asked to relay a message to the "Hapsburg Group" (a group of as yet unnamed ex European political VIPs who were covertly paid by Manafort to lobby), basically telling them to lie and say they only did work for him in Europe.

Don't forget about his daughters' supposed texts about how close Man and T were and are...

Yeah

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

Any chance you can ever respond to a post without whataboutism.

Some details emerging say he tried using an encrypted messaging system to coach people to lie.

And that yes Judge Ellis in Virginia has been appraised of the situation.

He's tampering with witnesses.

You just made an accusatory statement that "he's tampering with witnesses." Did you see this personally or is this just third party speculation based on dysphoric bias and hate? You are the "tolerant" left after all. Have you snapped at any invisible butterflies lately?

When the OIG shakes the tree, hopefully all the rotten fruitcakes will fall out. Personally, I don't caee if they are left, right or center, let the treason charges, convictions and the public hangings begin.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

One can hope.

If they can prove he actually tried to tamper with witnesses, then I have zero problem with them throwing the book at him.

Obviously they have something substantial, otherwise they wouldn't ask the judge to revoke bail.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

a reply to: DanDanDat

He's not cooperating. He has a death threat from Russia if he does. Probably his family has been threatened too. That's just a guess. I have no proof other than the trail of poisoned Russians recently and a knowledge of his dealings with Russian oligarchs.

just a guess, huh? You seem to do alot of that, most of the time without clarifying that it's a guess, so thanks for that. I'm still waiting for one of your guesses to actually turn out to be true. I'd say you are too.

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I think he's scared shirtless. I think he's in jeopardy and I think his family is. This is the actions of a very desperate man.

link   

Mueller accuses Manafort of witness tampering

While never naming the people who were allegedly contacted by Manafort, prosecutors say Manafort "repeatedly contacted" two people who worked for him and previously assisted in his lobbying and public relations efforts for Ukrainian politicians. Manafort sought to "secure materially false testimony concerning the activities of" an influential group of European leaders, called the Hapsburg group, that Manafort once used to lobby on behalf of Ukraine, the prosecutors say

One of the terms of Manafort's bail and supervised release was that he not commit any crimes. Another Manafort colleague attempted to contact the employees to help Manafort get in touch with them. One of those contacts was an encrypted message that outlined Manafort's "summary," prosecutors said, "that the Hapsburg group never lobbied in the United States."

One of the people told investigators that Manafort's attempts to contact them were "an effort to get them to relay a message to the Hapsburg group: if the members of the Hapsburg group were contacted by anyone, they should say that their lobbying and public relations work was exclusively in Europe -- a representation that would be contrary" to what investigators have found, the prosecutors wrote.

That communication is in of itself witness tampering, which is crime, regardless of the conditions of his bail. Not committing any crimes is a condition of his bail according to the article.
edit on 2018-6-4 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

One can hope.

Obviously they have something substantial, otherwise they wouldn't ask the judge to revoke bail.

not with Mueller on the case. he could have nothing but hot air. he doesnt have the best track record tbh.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

a reply to: carewemust

Any chance you can ever respond to a post without whataboutism.

Some details emerging say he tried using an encrypted messaging system to coach people to lie.

And that yes Judge Ellis in Virginia has been appraised of the situation.

He's tampering with witnesses.

You just made an accusatory statement that "he's tampering with witnesses." Did you see this personally or is this just third party speculation based on dysphoric bias and hate? You are the "tolerant" left after all. Have you snapped at any invisible butterflies lately?

Jeez, lighten up. Don't shoot the messenger! The New York TImes says so too. Mueller Accuses Paul Manafort of Attempted Witness Tamperinge New York TImes is saying the same thing. www.nytimes.com...

When the OIG shakes the tree, hopefully all the rotten fruitcakes will fall out. Personally, I don't caee if they are left, right or center, let the treason charges, convictions and the public hangings begin.

Cheers - Dave

So, you're good, banking on the OIG investigation, but not with Mueller's investigation. Got it!

edit on 4-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

They have witnesses who are reporting him. Saying he is asking them to lie about work in the United States.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join