It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Mueller calls for Paul Manafort's release to be revoked.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Robert Mueller calls for Paul Manafort's release to be revoked, says the ex-Trump campaign chairman attempted to influence witnesses

Special counsel Robert Mueller called on a Washington, D.C., judge on Monday to revoke Paul Manafort’s release conditions, saying the embattled ex-Trump campaign chairman has attempted to influence potential witnesses while out on bail.

www.nydailynews.com...
Another source
www.businessinsider.com...

Mueller asks judge to revoke Paul Manafort's bail on accusations that he tried to tamper with potential witnesses

The FBI reportedly had documents and statements from the two people, as well as telephone records and documents recovered through a search of Manafort's iCloud account showing that he attempted communication while he was out on bail.The communications were "in an effort to influence their testimony and to otherwise conceal evidence," according to the FBI.

Is everyone associated with trump a stupid criminal?

He has very limited leeway for movement and contact due to his bail agreement and house arrest. He wears two ankle monitors and still he attempted to communicate with others to get rid of evidence. Come on...

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is just breaking but apparently Mueller made a motion before judge Jackson this evrning asking her to revoke or revise the bail agreement.
Does that mean he waits in jail til his trial?
And I wonder if this will light a fire under judge Ellis to make his ruling on Manaforts request to throw the case out.
edit on 642018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's a set-up !!

He's being ash-canned !!

💥🚪😲

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

If this repulses you, just wait until you find out what the Obama Administration and their cronies did!

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Manafort shmammyport, show us on the doll where Trump colluded with Russia already.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I thought Paul Manafort was turning on Trump ... what's he doing tampering witnesses?
edit on 4-6-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

What's an "Robert Mueller" and an "Paul Manafort"??

Those things sounds tedious & disgusting, whatever they are.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Any chance you can ever respond to a post without whataboutism.

Some details emerging say he tried using an encrypted messaging system to coach people to lie.

And that yes Judge Ellis in Virginia has been appraised of the situation.

He's tampering with witnesses.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If he goes to jail at least he should be out of Putin's reach.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

FBI Special Agent Brock Domin, in a declaration filed with Mueller’s motion, said Manafort had attempted to call, text and send encrypted messages in February to two people from “The Hapsburg Group,” a firm he worked with to promote the interests of Ukraine.

The FBI has documents and statements from the two people, as well as telephone records and documents recovered through a search of Manafort’s iCloud account showing that Trump’s former campaign manager attempted communication while he was out on bail, according to Domin.

www.reuters.com...

That's the evidence unveiled so far. Would like to see the conditions of his release and if this is a violation but sounds like they have evidence of communication, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
I thought Paul Manafort was turning on Trump ... what's he doing tampering witnesses?

Or Mueller is "steering" the investigation because he has done nothing but fail so far.
Like salting a gold mine with iron pyrite.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yeah these details on tv now. When I started the thread the details were still developing and info on the web was sparse.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Paul Manafort is going to jail! Probably for a long time!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Well, while you listen to your TV spin this in whatever web they wish, keep in mind that the only evidence (reportedly) that they have is communication. IF that is a violation of his terms of release, then he'll have to deal with that.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

I know, right? The story changes every few minutes it seems.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

He's not cooperating. He has a death threat from Russia if he does. Probably his family has been threatened too. That's just a guess. I have no proof other than the trail of poisoned Russians recently and a knowledge of his dealings with Russian oligarchs.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

It sounds like a reasonable call to bring him back to jail based on his behavior.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

Any chance you can ever respond to a post without whataboutism.

Some details emerging say he tried using an encrypted messaging system to coach people to lie.

And that yes Judge Ellis in Virginia has been appraised of the situation.

He's tampering with witnesses.

There's been no Trump collusion shown whatsoever so how can there be any witnesses to tamper?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I never heard anything about Manafort being the verge of flipping. I keep hearing how he's like the only one they don't think might flip. Cohen, they say could flip, because of that Taxi King dude, who is cooperating.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Nope. The story hasn't changed. Manafort has held out never striking any kind of deal with Mueller. This has never changed.
Flynn and Gates and Papadopoulos are cooperating with Mueller but Manafort has not.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join