It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus said, NO DIVORCE: so how did Stripper/Actress Meghan Markle get a ‘Christian’ Wedding ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

No people are dumb and that sign proves it.

ITS FORFEIT YOU NUMPTY (the person who wrote the sign)

also side question to OP: Meghan was a former stripper??? That's news to me!

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow
a reply to: Nyiah
So you think it's right to make promise you can't keep?

You think it's OK for family to break up?

If you make careful choice of whom you should marry in the first place, then none of this could happen. Yet your selfishness and ignorance is the cause why many kids having traumatic experience due to their parents divorce.

What is the purpose of your marriage's vow? Why do you hastily marry someone you don't know well enough?

My parents were the cause of severe trauma by staying together for nearly 25 years.

(Domestic Violence and abuse situation) so your statement of the opposite is quite wrong.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Why because you said so? Yahhh okie ... Next.

I guess you're not a free speech kinda girl are you?
edit on 27-5-2018 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12

Why because you said so? Yahhh okie ... Next.

I guess you're not a free speech kinda girl are you?

No the dictionary said so.

Also - did you just assume my gender?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Ah yes the Dictionary knows all things! Which one?

I know you're a woman. I'm no spring chicken ya know.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
Uhhh, so in what way was my mom to blame for my father beating the living crap out of her constantly when he was in a drunken rage? So, in your view, she should have stayed and endured the black eyes and split lips and bruises all over her body? She should have looked the other way while he spent all the money on other women during the marriage?

Who asked your mom to marry your father? Was it decided by your mom's parents or by her own choice? If it was her own freewill, then why did she make so stupid decision? There are many guys who can threat your mom better. But she was so naive, and I can't help naive women. I've seen a lot of young girls attracted to crooks who they deem as alpha male, and this the problem.

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
I'm not even sure what to say about your statement. You have such an incredibly black and white view of marriage and vows. Sorry bud. My "father" shattered those vows the moment he laid a hand on her. He had already destroyed the marriage quite nicely all on his own. She was in NO way obligated to stay and endure when he'd already broken the vows.

I am very sorry.

But let me tell you something. My grandfather lost his only wife when he was only 24 years old. He raised my dad and aunt all by himself, never even thinking about marrying again, despite my dad and my aunt urge him to do so. He passed away at the age of 63 and remain faithful to my grandmother, his only wife. We buried him closed to my grandmother. My father was hot tempered man. He lashed me with his belt when I was like 8 years old and he always picked fight with my mother. But when he died few years ago, I saw my mom break down. It's was very hard for her. But she never marry anyone else after so many years. And she never give up hope to see my father again.

My family always believe in one thing. Forever love and faithful.
Divorce is not an option. Never be and never will. My family never take marriage lightly. As one of the members of my family, who haven't taken my marriage vow, I intend to find my everlasting soulmate or remain bachelor for the rest of my life. There is no way I'm going to dump anyone's daughter and be fine with it.
edit on 27-5-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

I was with the first one around four happy years until we got married and she started getting violent, I stuck it out for a year before I had enough.
But yeah I should have stuck it out despite that would have ended much much worse.
Sorry but your views are stupid.
We do not live in 1099 it is 2018.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

Oxford, Macquarie... dare I say even Webster's? No not Webster's. Too many weird American-English spellings.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I agree with the Strange American- English spelling. People in the USA can't spell Saviour correctly. Really annoying...

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Just drag us back to the OP, if anyone is still awake!

1. The Queen is the Head of the Church of England, so if she's OK with the wedding of her grandson to a divorced American woman who ain't fully white, then who is to say "no"?
2. Merkle was confirmed into the Church of England prior to her marriage.
3. Marrying in white is a choice, nothing more. It's only a recent (19th century) tradition anyway. She did look good though.
4. Merkle was not a stripper as asserted by the OP. That's just tabloid wishful thinking, and the OP's been gullible to reference it.
5. A small point... The break from the Catholic Church in the English Reformation which was started by Henry VIII and consolidated by Elizabeth I was the first time England has saved Europe. It ensured the success of Protestantism and put the fatal knife into the Catholic stranglehold. Without Catholicism being so weakened we'd all still be ignorant peasants as the scientific revolution would have been snubbed out by screams of heresy. The US would not be what it is today.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: EasternShadow

I was with the first one around four happy years until we got married and she started getting violent, I stuck it out for a year before I had enough.
But yeah I should have stuck it out despite that would have ended much much worse.
Sorry but your views are stupid.
We do not live in 1099 it is 2018.

My grandfather and father doesn't live in 1099 either. If they prove everlasting love and faithfulness, why can't it be with anyone else?

Yes there are mad men and wild girls. That is why we have to be very very Pricky not to be deceived.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

So you think it's right to make promise you can't keep?

S# happens. Some people split up, some don't. While I do in fact look down on people who marry & then divorce after a few short years because it "got hard", it's nobody else's place but theirs to make that call. In other words, I can get bent. And so can you.

You think it's OK for family to break up?

It's not the end of the world if both parents, and step-parents, are still actively involved with the kids.

If you make careful choice of whom you should marry in the first place, then none of this could happen.

Yeah, well, the world doesn't work like that, people get swept up in the rush of love that knocks out common sense. You'll experience it one day, too, you're not too good for snap judgements in the game of love.

Yet your selfishness and ignorance is the cause why many kids having traumatic experience due to their parents divorce.

Wow, I did this all by myself? And I'm only on my first marriage, is this some sort of record? Do I get an award?

What is the purpose of your marriage's vow? Why do you hastily marry someone you don't know well enough?

Ask people who still do arraigned marriages with people they don't know at all about that one. They're kind of experts on it.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

1. The Queen is the Head of the Church of England, so if she's OK with the wedding of her grandson to a divorced American woman who ain't fully white, then who is to say "no"?
3. Marrying in white is a choice, nothing more. It's only a recent (19th century) tradition anyway. She did look good though.
4. Merkle was not a stripper as asserted by the OP. That's just tabloid wishful thinking, and the OP's been gullible to reference it.
5. A small point... The break from the Catholic Church in the English Reformation which was started by Henry VIII and consolidated by Elizabeth I was the first time England has saved Europe. It ensured the success of Protestantism and put the fatal knife into the Catholic stranglehold. Without Catholicism being so weakened we'd all still be ignorant peasants as the scientific revolution would have been snubbed out by screams of heresy. The US would not be what it is today.

Considering the Queen married her 2nd cousin i'm not at all surprised at the outcome.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Considering the Queen married her 2nd cousin i'm not at all surprised at the outcome.

To be fair Prince Philip was a total babe back then.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

To be fair Prince Philip was a total babe back then.

lol yeah he was

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
S# happens.

We make that S#. There is no one else to blame. We are so bent on our selfness that we forget our partner.

It's not the end of the world if both parents, and step-parents, are still actively involved with the kids.

Kids need both their father and mother. Without one of them, they will never experience love to the fullest. Not to mention, it will affect them physiologically. As a loving parent, why would we allow that to happen? Why should our selfishness get the best of ourself?

Yeah, well, the world doesn't work like that, people get swept up in the rush of love that knocks out common sense. You'll experience it one day, too, you're not too good for snap judgements in the game of love.

The world could be a better place if we all act righteously, not being drunk, hit our wife and children, wooing other females, being an ass ourself etc.. You don't have to believe in god. You just need to know what is right and what is wrong.

Ask people who still do arraigned marriages with people they don't know at all about that one. They're kind of experts on it.

It's weird, arrange marriage usually work to the end, when People are more inclined to follow the bible in 1066.
edit on 27-5-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

We make that #. There is no else to blame. We are so bent on our selfness that we forget our partner.

You don't say! that's news to me! It's still out of YOUR control, and none of your business.

Kids need both his father and mother. Without one of them, they will never experience love to the fullest. Not to mention, it will affect them physiologically. As a loving parent, why would we allow that to happen? Why should our selfishness get the best of ourself?

I had both, and the stepmother was a better parent than the ACTUAL mother was. I experienced plenty of love from the people it counted most from, whether or not you feel a step-parent is a "real" parent or not. You can kiss my ass.

The world could be a better place if we all act righteously, not being drunk, hit our wife and children, wooing other females etc.. You don't have to believe in god. You just need to know what is right and what is wrong.

Even "knowing" doesn't equal "doing". You are just going to have to get off your high horse & deal with it.

It's weird, arrange marriage usually work to the end, when People are more inclined to follow the bible in 1066.

Only if you look at marriage length alone. Many wives are badly abused, and those who try to get out are hurt further, murdered or become social pariahs. Maybe you should move to the Middle East or India & live among your "ethical marriage" kind.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

You don't say! that's news to me! It's still out of YOUR control, and none of your business.

So what? You are not living in the past. You don't have problem with arranged marriage like in most rural areas. You get to choose who you get to marry. You are in control as much as everyone else. But like anyone else who advocate divorce, you never believe in marriage. You just want to have sex. There're a lot of prostitues everywhere, why do you want marriage?

I had both, and the stepmother was a better parent than the ACTUAL mother was. I experienced plenty of love from the people it counted most from, whether or not you feel a step-parent is a "real" parent or not. You can kiss my ass.

Kiss your ass yourself. I know children will eventually looking for their biological mother/father. It's always a dilemma for step parents.

Even "knowing" doesn't equal "doing". You are just going to have to get off your high horse & deal with it.

I can't change the world, but I'm not going to be quiet about what's wrong.

Only if you look at marriage length alone. Many wives are badly abused, and those who try to get out are hurt further, murdered or become social pariahs. Maybe you should move to the Middle East or India & live among your "ethical marriage" kind.

Like I said, we make the s# ourselves. There is no one else. If everyone thinks like you, family constituency may as well be abolished and replace it with prostitution.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The Church of England was founded on the bollocks of Henry VIII and the right to marriage after divorce.

Fantastic post.

My parents split when I was 12 or 13, admittedly it took a couple of years to adjust to it but in the end it turned out to be the best decision they ever made in their lives as it was clear they hadn't been in love for a long time and had grown apart.

Instead of being a chaotic, angry mess at home with both parents under immense stress trying to make a broken thing keep working, I got to know and love my parents as both family and friends. Got to have two new families via both parents remarrying which means double Christmases and family celebrations which is always nice.

They get on well now and despite everything always put their differences aside and focused on myself and my sister first. I found out more recently they got married after only six months of knowing each other so have more respect for them being able to hack a loveless marriage for years but in hindsight wish they'd done it sooner for their own sakes.

Instead of just having a sister as sibling, I now have six sisters, two nephews, one neice and three brothers. The family has gown in size, support and love as time has passed and they're the things that matter.

edit on 27-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join